PDA

View Full Version : Need tips on slow bulking - do not want unnecessary fat

espn2829
08-21-2007, 08:58 PM
I am trying to get stronger and believe that eating slightly more and more healthier will help me. I was on a diet up till yesterday but now I want to bulk up again. Before, when I bulked up, I put on fat, which I do not want to do this time. I just want to put on lean muscle.

So to put on lean muscle, you have to eat more. Am I right?

Since I've been dieting for a few weeks now, I haven't put on any muscle even though I have lifting heavier. This might be my answer, but you guys know more than I do. I am assuming that to put on muscle, you have to have positive ratio of calories in vs out.

Based on that assumption, I have decided to add shakes to my list of foods. Please give me some ingredients for quality pre and post workout shakes.

Thank you.

RichMcGuire
08-21-2007, 09:51 PM
Well, technically, youre always on a "diet" A Diet is simply what you eat. To put on muscle, you need to overeat. When you overeat, you have to accept some fat gain. To minimize this, you could play around with your macros or try a slow bulk. but regardless, at some point youll need to dedicate some time to shed body fat :)

espn2829
08-21-2007, 11:20 PM
Thank you, RichMcGuire. I have checked out your journal and its amazing. I love the foods you ate, btw lol.

What do you think about the IF (Intermittent Fasting) method?

I am going to try it for a few weeks and see what happens.