PDA

View Full Version : New here..diet help !!

thalapathi
03-05-2002, 11:14 PM
hi all...great forum with lots of valuable info..I have been lurking around here few days and read a lost of posts and found a lot of info thro' search..
I have been trying to get into shape for the past 7months..I have lost about 32lbs and 9'' from my waist during this time..and also started working out about 6 months back..I workout 4times/ week and cardio 3 times/week..
I started at bodyweight*12 calories to lose weight and had to lower it to bodyweight*10 initially to lose weight...I had a stall and lowering the calories didnt help and finally bumping the calories up(current bodyweight*12) did the trick for me and i started to lose again....I am currently following a 50/30/20 pro/carbs/fat split for my diet and eat about 6/7 meals a day..and am once again at a steady weight..no changes in the scale or the measurments for past 3 weeks..i tried adding more calories..didnt help..and if i reduce it i feel hungry!! duuno what i shud try at this point...shud i add more calories...I tried bodyweight*12 no use..I even cut cardio for a week..to see if that wud help...no changes...everytime i add calories.it leads me to the going to get fat again mindset....suggestions??

Tryska
03-06-2002, 01:29 PM
try messing around with your macro ratios.

i would suggest bumping the fat cals. you can take some from your protein percentage, also what type of carbs are you taking in?

thalapathi
03-06-2002, 02:27 PM
tryska- tried a low carb diet called Protein Power by Drs Eades which is about <40g carbs. Couldnt workout and trainer at the gym suggested i bump up the carbs.Carbs are mostly from oatmeal,brown rice,sweet potatoes, fat free milk. I eat most of the carbs in my two meals before and after workout.
Sometimes the carbs are from moong dhal, toor dhal...but i am unable to figure out the nutritional info./ serving size for these.

Qea
03-06-2002, 04:27 PM
I'm probably beating Monstar to it, but I'd say try the NHE diet.

I doubt anyone gets hungry when on it, not counting intinial carb cravings.