PDA

View Full Version : Does this make any Sense?

BigBossMan
08-22-2007, 07:48 AM
So I finished my cut and got down to 163lbs...then I did a slow transition and ate maintainance at 2400kcals for about 2.5 weeks my weight went back up to around 164 or 165 fluctuating. For the past two weeks I have been slowly adding cals I did 2500-2600-2700 and now I am up to between 2800-3000.
Today I weighted in at 162??? This doesn't seem to make sense to me. I keep losing weight? I am around 5'11.5". My macros have been good I have been hitting minimum fat usually more. 200+grams of good BV protein and the rest carbs in the form of fruits vegetables and sprouted wheat bread.

Has anyone else experienced weight loss when transition from cutting to bulking? I know that there is some degree of thermogynesis(sp?). But my understanding is that eating more really doesn't burn a whole lot of cals. My exercise output has remained constant at very little.

ShockBoxer
08-22-2007, 08:46 AM
You're eating more and weighing less. Why question your good fortune? :)

Seriously, though, I'd guess it was ye olde water and waste fluctuation.

Con
08-22-2007, 09:00 AM
I remember lyle commenting about skinfold measurements changing when you add cals back in.

If I can find the post he made, Ill quote him later.

Holto
08-22-2007, 09:37 AM
Metabolic rebound?

Con
08-23-2007, 10:34 AM
I've commented over and over that people often lean out during the first week off the diet. some of it is probalby water shifts and muscle fullness but skinfolds seem to go down as well. it never seems to last more than a week though.

I call it the Long-Term Delayed Fat Loss Effect (LTDFE) to make it sound more sciency and Russian

I've seen the opposite happen as well (mainly in myself), first week switching back from eating too much to dieting and I seem to get fatter initially

Founds it...fianlly...

IZich
08-23-2007, 11:21 AM
Founds it...fianlly...

What does skinfold have to do with weight rebound?

OP, are you weighing yourself at the same time of day, same scale, and with the same amt. of clothes on?

Also, if you're bulking, don't sweat the minimal weight gain (it's even a loss for you). Simply raise the cals again. Like others have said, it's probably water weight or waste weight for now, but your "luck" won't last forever. Raise the cals by a significant enough amount, and you'll gain weight.

Con
08-23-2007, 11:51 AM
now I am up to between 2800-3000.
Today I weighted in at 162??? This doesn't seem to make sense to me. I keep losing weight?

He has been raising cals, and is still losing weight.

Thats what the quote was addressing.

IZich
08-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Thought the quote was addressing a 'leaning out via skinfold test.' Guess not.

Why do we always bump heads?

Con
08-23-2007, 12:07 PM
Fate.

No big deal. He got his answer, or atleast the one I was giving to him.

BigBossMan
08-27-2007, 09:05 AM
OP, are you weighing yourself at the same time of day, same scale, and with the same amt. of clothes on?

Raise the cals by a significant enough amount, and you'll gain weight.

Yeah I usually way in the morning before shower at like 5.15-5.30am no clothes same scale. I think I have begun to put on some weight. I have been steady between 2800-3000 of WO days and between 2500-2800 on off days. I usually hit around 2850-2900 is my goal. I think things have started to add up finally though. I will weigh myself again here in the next couple of days!