PDA

View Full Version : mcdonalds

Big_Bouser
08-22-2007, 01:56 PM
If im bulking would it be alright to eat mcdonalds? like not the fries and pop, just like burgers,chicken salads etc...cause they have alot of protein? just the meats n stuff, nooo fries or drink. I dont care about gaining some fat, but would it help me gain muscle too with all those cals and protein?

ProLogic
08-22-2007, 02:02 PM
Yea.. I almost ate 1000 calories of McDonalds last night.. Not sure if it's healthy or not.

I saw supersize me and that doctor didn't sound to happy about it.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-22-2007, 02:22 PM
How's the rest of your diet?

getfit
08-22-2007, 02:33 PM
everything in moderation.Eating Mcdonalds once and awhile won't kill ya'.

Big_Bouser
08-22-2007, 02:51 PM
well i eat pretty good, i dont got a set nutrition plan, i eat mostly healthy foods though. i know mcdonalds woulednt be to good for ur heart, but i just wanna know if its good for bulking cause of the protein n stuff.

RhodeHouse
08-22-2007, 04:50 PM
Big B - McDonald's is God's Food itself. It will most definately help you gain some weight. Eat the fries, too. If you're gonna eat that kind of food, go all out! Also, a large Chocolate Shake has 1160 calories - 25 grams of protein and 200 grams of carbs!

McDonald's has been an integral part of my weight gain plan. Just remember, don't eat it forever. Just once a day until you gain the weight you're looking for.

Saturated fat can't be that bad for you. My blood work always comes back perect!

Bako Lifter
08-22-2007, 04:54 PM
I have a double cheese burger in my hand right now. Not joking. McDonalds is good sh**.

Big_Bouser
08-22-2007, 05:06 PM
aiight thanks for the advice everyone. im off for a big mac LOL. i still think i wont go for the frys. imma have a big mac, a chocolate milk(well 2 cause they dont got large hehe), and a salad or something.

Big_Bouser
08-22-2007, 05:08 PM
o and that large Chocolate Shake sounds good

Chris Rodgers
08-22-2007, 05:20 PM

Would anywhere from 3-6 times a week be considered moderation? :angel:

All I know is, when I went from ~153 to ~168(currently) I gained a lot of strength/muscle. I eat that crap way more than I probably should, but when looking to gain I'd say bad calories are better than no calories. If I didn't eat that stuff so often my calories would be way down and I'd be smaller/weaker. It's science. :study:

Herandi
08-22-2007, 05:21 PM

:withstupi

smalls
08-22-2007, 09:50 PM

And it's also going to depend highly on your own health, genetics for predisposition for heart issues etc. My cholesterol levels are greatly affected by my diet, so I eat cleaner than most people. Some dont have too.

I personally think eating mcdonalds regularly is utterly disgusting. Regardless of health if your going to eat out eat something with flavor, at least flame broil that ****.

ProLogic
08-22-2007, 09:51 PM
If your going to eat hamburgers, fries and a shake I suggest going to a place other than fast food restaurant. Try a diner, they usually have tastier hamburgers and fries. Won't stay in your stomach for months like McDonalds.

Keith
08-22-2007, 10:25 PM
God dammit! I'm starving and I hate myself for reading this thread. McD's is so damn good!!!

getfit
08-23-2007, 04:58 AM
And it's also going to depend highly on your own health, genetics for predisposition for heart issues etc. My cholesterol levels are greatly affected by my diet, so I eat cleaner than most people. Some dont have too.

I personally think eating mcdonalds regularly is utterly disgusting. Regardless of health if your going to eat out eat something with flavor, at least flame broil that ****.

I agree.Most folks do enjoy Mc D's once and awhile.I Don't enjoy it!

As a vegetarian, these fast food joints don't appeal to me much ;)

Al3X
08-23-2007, 05:53 AM
A calorie is a calorie. Same for p/c/f ...

seK
08-23-2007, 07:21 AM

Not exactly.

Keith
08-23-2007, 07:36 AM

That's false.

Anthony
08-23-2007, 09:35 AM
McDonald's is God's Food itself.

BigMac is latin for "Guaranteed PR" ... it's pretty much mandatory for me to scarf one down before any important event.

Paul Stagg
08-23-2007, 09:52 AM
That's false.

Really?

You might want to look up what a calorie is, and then tell me how a calorie from a big mac is not the same as a calorie from a lettuce leaf.

seK
08-23-2007, 10:15 AM
Really?

You might want to look up what a calorie is, and then tell me how a calorie from a big mac is not the same as a calorie from a lettuce leaf.

Reread the last part of the original statement.

Paul Stagg
08-23-2007, 11:11 AM
Protein, carbs and fats are somehow different depending on where you bought the food?

Or was Keith trying to suggest that the macronutrients in mcdonalds food are not in optimal proportions? That would be helpful to clarify.

IZich
08-23-2007, 11:14 AM
If your going to eat hamburgers, fries and a shake I suggest going to a place other than fast food restaurant. Try a diner, they usually have tastier hamburgers and fries. Won't stay in your stomach for months like McDonalds.

????

IZich
08-23-2007, 11:15 AM
Big B - McDonald's is God's Food itself. It will most definately help you gain some weight. Eat the fries, too. If you're gonna eat that kind of food, go all out! Also, a large Chocolate Shake has 1160 calories - 25 grams of protein and 200 grams of carbs!

McDonald's has been an integral part of my weight gain plan. Just remember, don't eat it forever. Just once a day until you gain the weight you're looking for.

Saturated fat can't be that bad for you. My blood work always comes back perect!

This coming from a SHW...:smoke:

OP: if you want to end up like Rhodes, then I guess eat McDonald's! I feel like Carl's Jr. or Wendy's (if you have those wherever you live) are more bang for the buck, volume and nutritional-wise, but that's not backed up by any evidence I've gathered.

seK
08-23-2007, 11:34 AM
Protein, carbs and fats are somehow different depending on where you bought the food?

Or was Keith trying to suggest that the macronutrients in mcdonalds food are not in optimal proportions? That would be helpful to clarify.

Where in his statement did he specify the location? All keith stated was that his statement was false ... which it clearly is. Sure you can assume he meant something other than what he said.
All fat, protein and carbohydrates are not the same.

ProLogic
08-23-2007, 12:59 PM
????

There was an experiment done on how long it takes for McDonalds food to rotten and go bad. Regular diner hamburgers and fries went bad much faster than the McDonalds food. Just imagine how much more it takes your body to break down McDonalds fries and hamburgers.

This experiment was done by the creator of Super size me.

Then again McDonalds isn't as good as all the other fast food restaurants. Wendys is wayyyyy better. Their chili is simply amazing.

Keith
08-23-2007, 01:03 PM
Really?

Yes really.

P/C/F all do not have the same amount of calories per gram. This is what I thought he was stating.

mickyjune26
08-23-2007, 01:05 PM

I love all your diet plans. They sound like so much fun. I bet you love to bulk.

RhodeHouse
08-23-2007, 01:10 PM
[QUOTE=IZich;1768285]This coming from a SHW...:smoke:

Are you saying I'm fat? That hurts, dude.

Keith
08-23-2007, 01:36 PM
[QUOTE=IZich;1768285]This coming from a SHW...:smoke:

Are you saying I'm fat? That hurts, dude.

You got a big 3 of about 2400lbs.. and someone calling you fat hurts?

RichMcGuire
08-23-2007, 10:47 PM
I love McDonalds. During my first real bulk, I would order 4 cheeseburgers and a large fry. Then I'd bring it home and add 1 tbsp of Mayo to each burger and some sliced green olives. I think it was around 1900 calories everytime ;) My financial aid money for college really helped.

I didnt gain much fat at all..but looking back at it, I might not suggest it for everyone :)

RhodeHouse
08-23-2007, 11:10 PM
[QUOTE=RhodeHouse;1768401]

You got a big 3 of about 2400lbs.. and someone calling you fat hurts?

According to my Dr., I am in the obese category for the BMI. I fancy myself as an overweight, but still sexy in a non-conventional way, Brad Pitt without hair or Jen Aniston.

"I'm not fat. I'm big-boned."
"Dinosaurs are big-boned. You're big-assed pal. Put the fork down!"

mickyjune26
08-24-2007, 09:51 AM
I love McDonalds. During my first real bulk, I would order 4 cheeseburgers and a large fry. Then I'd bring it home and add 1 tbsp of Mayo to each burger and some sliced green olives. I think it was around 1900 calories everytime ;) My financial aid money for college really helped.

I didnt gain much fat at all..but looking back at it, I might not suggest it for everyone :)

Ya'll are killin me. I really want some Micky-D's please.

ShockBoxer
08-24-2007, 11:05 AM
I had McD's yesterday for the first time in months and months. It totalled me. I spent an hour and a half on the crapper over the next four hours.

Gunshow
08-24-2007, 06:14 PM
Fast food is the best when bulking. Baconators at wendys double bigmacs at Mcdonalds Stackers and whoppers at Burger King, I wish i could eat like that all day everyday....

SupRsmall
08-26-2007, 01:18 AM
Baconator=wow. omg. best burger ever haha. protein also around 60g. It would take 4 mcdonald cheeseburgers to hit that amount.

BACONATOR!!!

jfitty
08-26-2007, 04:13 AM
My husband eats McDonalds a couple of times a week when he is bulking and he swears by it, not the the best thing for your heart ;) but I eat it every now and then to and dont have any problems with it.

Stumprrp
08-26-2007, 07:09 AM
if its 10 or later at night and im just getting out of work, im certainly using dollar double cheeseburgers as my night protien!

yankeekd25
08-26-2007, 08:55 AM
I'm 17 and I haven't touched a single french fry, or taken a bite of any fast food burgers, chicken sandwiches/ nuggets, or tacos in over a year.... The temptation isn't even there when I go out with my friends. Even when they offer to buy me food, it's an automatic no. I used to live off the stuff and when I turned 17, I noticed that my gut was disgusting. Since then I haven't eaten any fast food. I am afraid that once I acquire the taste I will not be able to stop eating it.