PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts about Nitrean

Detard
08-22-2007, 04:09 PM
My first tub of Nitrean came today and I have to say, I have mixed thoughts. I REALLY like the taste but find that the mixability isn't as good as some other protein's that ive tried. I put 1 scoop in 1.5 cups of milk and used an electric mixer (kinda like this but with a small propeller at the end instead of that coil) http://lnt.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pG01-2057474reg.jpg but I still found little balls of protein throughout the shake. I'm going to try it later with fruits and yogurt and some other stuff aswell. I am very happy with it though. I'll probably order another tub once this ones almost finished. It's about 10$ cheaper than at GNC and tastes just as good, if not better. I rate it 9/10.

ps - Am I mixing it up wrong? When I use this mixer on my other protein it blends it together perfectly. Do I HAVE to use a shaker with Nitrean?

HahnB
08-22-2007, 06:02 PM
I've used shakers before and never had any clumps. I actually don't think I've ever had clumps in any protein when using a blender. I use this http://www.kitchenaid.com/catalog/product.jsp?src=Blenders&cat=171&prod=1082

chris mason
08-22-2007, 06:38 PM
That seems very odd. Are you saying there are clumps or just some particulate? You can mix Nitrean in water with a spoon and get zero clumps. Try it. Put the water in first and then add a scoop of Nitrean and mix with a spoon.

Sensei
08-22-2007, 06:52 PM
I've never had any lumps and it has always mixed as easily as ON Whey for me. Mix it a little and let it sit for a minute and then mix it again - it will be completely dissolved.

edit: btw, most of the time, unless I'm getting fancy and adding something other than milk, I just use a spoon.

Railroader
08-22-2007, 09:57 PM
I mix mine with water in a shaker and havent had any clumps yet. And strawberry Nitrean in oatmeal is great...

LouPac
08-22-2007, 10:36 PM
I shake mine up in a bottle and I never have clumps.:confused:

Detard
08-23-2007, 12:26 AM
Alright, i'll give it another shot in the AM and let you know how it goes.

ericg
08-23-2007, 05:48 AM
Ive had this happen to me on a batch that i ordered. A few jugs were very hard to mix. Normally when you add the powder to the water you see it absorb right away. This jug that I am trying to get rid of now is tough to mix and has a ton of clumps. Maybe it was just a bad batch? It tastes slightly different as well.

Detard
08-23-2007, 08:14 AM
Ive had this happen to me on a batch that i ordered. A few jugs were very hard to mix. Normally when you add the powder to the water you see it absorb right away. This jug that I am trying to get rid of now is tough to mix and has a ton of clumps. Maybe it was just a bad batch? It tastes slightly different as well.

Maybe that is what happened with mine? When I look in the jug, there are little clumps of protein. I do like the taste though.

chris mason
08-23-2007, 08:44 AM
I think you guys are speaking of the OKG (BCAAs) in the product. Sometimes, no matter how well the powder is blended on our end, there will be extra OKG in certain batches of Nitrean. The OKG is not really soluble and will show up as particulate in your shake.

Chris

ericg
08-23-2007, 09:01 AM
I am not sure that is it chris. i will snap a pic of it next time. the clumps are decent sized. there is definitely a difference between this jug and another jug that i have at home. maybe some condensation got into the jug during shipping or what not (it has been like that since the first scoop)? not that big of a deal, but once you get used to how easy this stuff is to mix you make note of it.

DoUgL@S
08-23-2007, 09:14 AM
I thought that my latest tub of Strawberry tasted different. And now that I think about it it does not mix nearly as easy as the first tub I ordered.

Detard
08-23-2007, 10:39 AM
I am not sure that is it chris. i will snap a pic of it next time. the clumps are decent sized. there is definitely a difference between this jug and another jug that i have at home. maybe some condensation got into the jug during shipping or what not (it has been like that since the first scoop)? not that big of a deal, but once you get used to how easy this stuff is to mix you make note of it.

This is the same problem I have with it. The actual powder seems very grainy (not really like a powder). Although it mixes fairly well, I still have to rinse out my mouth after to get the clumps out that didn't go down.

chris mason
08-23-2007, 10:42 AM
This is the same problem I have with it. The actual powder seems very grainy (not really like a powder). Although it mixes fairly well, I still have to rinse out my mouth after to get the clumps out that didn't go down.

THAT is the OKG. The good news is you are getting some extra BCAAs in that powder :D

chris mason
08-23-2007, 10:43 AM

Yep, it is possible that heat in the UPS truck (for example) may cause a problem like that. Fortunately it doesn't occur too often.

Chris

View 1
08-23-2007, 12:35 PM
I bought all three flavor's and I've never had a problem with lumps. I do not like the taste of the strawberry flavor at all though. Vanilia is great and the chocolate is pretty good, but seems like it has a coco type flavor to me.

Organichu
08-23-2007, 02:01 PM
I've probably consumed 25+ tubs of Nitrean in the last year or two and 99% of those shakes were just powder + water + spoon.

Sounds like a few of you guys are just getting unlucky.

ericg
08-23-2007, 02:26 PM
I've probably consumed 25+ tubs of Nitrean in the last year or two and 99% of those shakes were just powder + water + spoon.

Sounds like a few of you guys are just getting unlucky.

Yeah I know that is all that it is. Ive ordered probably close to 75 tubs and only had problems with that one so far. In that one order I got 6 tubs, 2 were like i described above, and all the others were fine: water, powder, and spoon. Every other tub I got before that were fine as well. I remember writing a PM to Chris about it a while back thinking that they changed the make-up of the powder, but we chalked it off to condensation and being unlucky. I just cant wait till I am done this jug!!

DeterminatioN13
08-24-2007, 05:30 PM
I've tried Nitrean with water and I really just didn't like it. Tastes really good with milk though, I don't have a problem mixing it, as theres just a few clumps, sometimes just have to mix it better I guess

live2lift
09-14-2007, 02:20 AM
I did have one tub that didnt mix well but after going thru half of it I kind of remembered that the white seal wasnt completely sealed. Probally just got some moisture. Other than that the other 16+ tubs have mixed great in a shaker.

Detard
09-14-2007, 07:16 PM
I find with this batch, that if I mix it for longer than usual it will almost completely be disolved

Bikkstah
09-14-2007, 10:19 PM
Never had a single issue with Nitrean mixing in water with a spoon or in a shaker.

malkore
09-18-2007, 04:54 PM
I bought all three flavor's and I've never had a problem with lumps. I do not like the taste of the strawberry flavor at all though. Vanilia is great and the chocolate is pretty good, but seems like it has a coco type flavor to me.

try the strawberry with some dextrose, as your PWO shake. it tastes just like strawberry nestle quik (using water, not milk)

every other strawberry I've tried tasted like pink chalk dust...or worse ;)

chris mason
09-18-2007, 05:08 PM
try the strawberry with some dextrose, as your PWO shake. it tastes just like strawberry nestle quik (using water, not milk)

every other strawberry I've tried tasted like pink chalk dust...or worse ;)

Thanks!

Detard
11-21-2007, 04:26 PM
So I got my second shipment of Nitrean today. I got the 4.6lb tub this time since I was pleased with the 2.2lb tub. My first tub was abit hard to mix together and was somewhat clumpy. This tub is MUCH better. I have no problems mixing this stuff up. I guess the previous tub was just a bad batch or something.

Yep, I've converted over to ALN for my supps. :bow:

chris mason
11-21-2007, 06:06 PM
So I got my second shipment of Nitrean today. I got the 4.6lb tub this time since I was pleased with the 2.2lb tub. My first tub was abit hard to mix together and was somewhat clumpy. This tub is MUCH better. I have no problems mixing this stuff up. I guess the previous tub was just a bad batch or something.

Yep, I've converted over to ALN for my supps. :bow:

Fantastic!

Anyone here that buys from AtLarge is supporting Wbb and we truly appreciate it! You get the best supps and help support the best site, a WIN/WIN!