PDA

View Full Version : One thing powerlifting is not good for

IZich
08-23-2007, 05:02 PM
Powerlifting is not good for volleyball. I played with 2 of my bosses and some other people today and I totally sucked. My arms are too heavy to spike correctly anymore... :cry:

That's all I wanted to say.

McVein
08-23-2007, 05:10 PM
noted.

waynedang
08-23-2007, 06:39 PM
OH great! There went my hopes of being a pro beach volleyball player. At 5"8" and 225 I really thought I could play if my bench was over 600:strong: :cry:

redFury
08-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Interesting... if only one could powerlift without getting big... then we'd all be awesome vballers :D

TommyBoy
08-23-2007, 07:23 PM
if only one could powerlift without getting big...
Then I'd quit powerlifting.....and probably kill myself.

WillKuenzel
08-23-2007, 07:24 PM
Where's Rhodes? Doesn't he know a thing or 2 about volleyball?

j/k :D

Couldn't resist that one after seeing the Elite videos.

BearD
08-23-2007, 07:33 PM
Hate to be 'that guy' but maybe you suck at volleyball because you don't practice much and not because you powerlift. I would think that squatting more would let you jump higher and powerlifting would help with motor control. Maybe you should play more volleyball for GPP...

TommyBoy
08-23-2007, 07:47 PM
Hate to be 'that guy'
I think you're that guy. Besides, powerlifters don't belong on the volleyball court; they belong at the all you can eat buffet.

jtteg_x
08-23-2007, 07:53 PM
I think you're that guy. Besides, powerlifters don't belong on the volleyball court; they belong at the all you can eat buffet.

hometown every sunday :burger:

Detard
08-23-2007, 07:58 PM
Hate to be 'that guy' but maybe you suck at volleyball because you don't practice much and not because you powerlift. I would think that squatting more would let you jump higher and powerlifting would help with motor control. Maybe you should play more volleyball for GPP...

Try telling that to Dizenzo or Rhodes or Wolfe.

RhodeHouse
08-23-2007, 10:54 PM
HomeYield - you saw the video on EliteFTS? Thanks for rubbing it in.

BTW - I may be fat, but I can still dunk a basketball. It's a Larry Bird style dunk, but a dunk nonetheless!

So who knows what BUFFET stands for?

Big Ugly Fat Folks Eatin' Together

DoUgL@S
08-23-2007, 11:09 PM
Now I need to see the video.

BTW - I may be fat, but I can still dunk a basketball. It's a Larry Bird style dunk, but a dunk nonetheless!

How tall are you? That is pretty damn impressive.

IZich
08-24-2007, 12:22 AM

Big Ugly Fat Folks Eatin' Together

Powerlifting gives you wings!

1mmort4l
08-24-2007, 05:41 AM

hahaha, GOLD!!!!

Guido
08-24-2007, 08:45 AM
That's funny, I played volleyball in the pool with one of those beach balls last night and the big arms didn't hinder me at all. :D

RhodeHouse
08-24-2007, 09:54 AM
Douglas - I'm 6'4" about 300lbs. Before I started lifting I played Arena Football and I played in college with Jim Wendler. So, there was a time in my life when I was fast and athletic and attractive to women.

Chubrock
08-24-2007, 10:04 AM
attractive to women.

All good things must come to an end. Just playin bro, don't eat me. I'm too small. Wouldn't be very filling.

RhodeHouse
08-24-2007, 10:11 AM
I've come to grips with the fact that I no longer wet women's panties. So sad, but true.

Chubrock
08-24-2007, 11:11 AM
No! Do not go gentle into that good nite haha. Instead of How Stella Got Her Groove Back, it's going to be, How Rhodes Got His Groove Back.

IZich
08-24-2007, 11:18 AM
I've come to grips with the fact that I no longer wet women's panties. So sad, but true.

You now use them as bands.

TommyBoy
08-24-2007, 01:41 PM
Douglas - I'm 6'4" about 300lbs. Before I started lifting I played Arena Football and I played in college with Jim Wendler. So, there was a time in my life when I was fast and athletic and attractive to women.
HAHAHA!!! Yeah, like I used to run cross-country....now I can't even drive cross-country.

Same for me. I told my lady the other day "Baby, take a good look at this. Because this is as good as it gets."

I've come to the conclusion that it's more fun to scare small children to death, than it is to pick up slutty girls.......no...wait, let me re-think that one.

Cirino83
08-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Yeah, like I used to run cross-country....now I can't even drive cross-country.

:zipit: :clap:

Guido
08-24-2007, 02:29 PM

Big Ugly Fat Folks Eatin' TogetherHAHAHAHAHAHA! Good stuff, Rhodes. Keep it coming.

redFury
08-24-2007, 02:32 PM

I'm with ya Tommy! I've been hitting buffets since I can remember... I suppose that makes me a powerlifter born and raised!! :D :D

TommyBoy
08-24-2007, 04:23 PM
I'm with ya Tommy! I've been hitting buffets since I can remember... I suppose that makes me a powerlifter born and raised!! :D :D
I would say so.

RhodeHouse
08-24-2007, 09:50 PM
Mr Callahan - I've found that the bigger I get, the more girls want to talk to me. Especially when I'm over 300. I have a date with a hot little number who used to be a gymnast and a cheerleader in college. I hope my triceps don't give out, because I might kill her if I fall on her. Of course, it all depends on how drunk I can get her. I hope she puts me in a headlock and punches me in the face.

TommyBoy
08-24-2007, 10:48 PM
Mr Callahan - I've found that the bigger I get, the more girls want to talk to me. Especially when I'm over 300. I have a date with a hot little number who used to be a gymnast and a cheerleader in college. I hope my triceps don't give out, because I might kill her if I fall on her. Of course, it all depends on how drunk I can get her. I hope she puts me in a headlock and punches me in the face.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sleepy Guy
08-28-2007, 11:33 PM
Basketball too and swimming and golf and.... You just have to get use to it.

Sleepy Guy
08-28-2007, 11:37 PM
I told my lady the other day "Baby, take a good look at this. Because this is as good as it gets."

Haahaaahaaha all you have to do is throw that sexy squat suite on and the chicks will flock to you.

Counterweight
02-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Powerlifting is not good for volleyball. I played with 2 of my bosses and some other people today and I totally sucked. My arms are too heavy to spike correctly anymore... :cry:

That's all I wanted to say.

At 6'2" and 215 lbs, I sincerely doubt your arms are too heavy to spike the ball.

Jus sayin....

joey54
02-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Interesting choice for a bump......

Parker 1995
02-02-2011, 09:23 PM

This just made my day you my friend are my hero!

Dan Fanelli
02-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Interesting choice for a bump......

Funny thread.... Just noticed it was old.

Everyone know though that powerlifting isn't for volleyball.... Big arms are not aerodynamic.... You gotta do toning workouts. Im thinking Denise Austin FTW!!!

killxswitch
02-03-2011, 09:12 AM
At 6'2" and 215 lbs, I sincerely doubt your arms are too heavy to spike the ball.

Jus sayin....

This thread is 3 and 1/2 years old.

Jus sayin....

JK1
02-03-2011, 09:25 AM
I'll tell you one thing powerlifting is not good for.... getting you into shape for tying your damned shoes. It gets closer to a meet and the more warm up, the more struggle it takes and the harder it is. Its just not right when it takes 2 hits of nose torque and an oxygen mask when you are done.... ;-)

IronDiggy
02-03-2011, 10:03 AM
I thought volley ball was for girls... on beaches... in bikinis....

stlpower123
02-08-2011, 04:14 PM
try playing paintball. my back and legs were stiff so i was too lazy to duck down on the ground and **** and got lit up with paintballs all day and covered in welts

Mugen46
02-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Op, sounds like you have bad shoulder mobility and some upper bod imbalances. Balance out your body, and your arms won't feel so "heavy"