PDA

View Full Version : Very, very low carb salad dressing

VikingWarlord
08-23-2007, 06:11 PM
I didn't see anything like this, so I figured I'd throw it on here. I whipped up a batch last night and thought I'd put it here.

I make it in a jar, you can do it however you want.

1C Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2C Red Wine vinegar
2 garlic cloves, pressed
About 1tsp each rosemary and oregano
2tsp salt

Put the garlic in the jar. Add about half the oil, put the lid on, and shake it like it owes you money. Add the salt, spices, and about 2 or 3 TBSP at a time, shake, repeat until the oil is gone. Shake the hell out of it for about 2 minutes. I like to let it sit in the fridge overnight before using it so that everything soaks up all the flavors of everything else.

One batch has roughly:
1920kCal
213g fat

Call a serving 2 tbsp, you get about 12 per batch and 160kCal/18g Fat per serving.

This is (of course) more or less a simple vinaigrette, but since it doesn't use Balsamic vinegar, you've only got ~2g of carbs from the 2 cloves of garlic for the whole batch. Since you're not actually consuming those, it's likely to be way less.

getfit
08-23-2007, 07:16 PM
how about balsamic?

VikingWarlord
08-23-2007, 07:50 PM
how about balsamic?

Like I said, balsamic contains about ~2g of sugars per tablespoon. Red wine vinegar has none at all.

I also don't like balsamic because I don't like the sweetness, so I don't use it. The proportions work out pretty much the same if you want to use it.

getfit
08-24-2007, 02:13 AM
whoops I was reading to fast,sounds tasty.I love good salad dressing.