PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys go sugar free (table sugar)??

Vynod
03-06-2002, 08:05 AM
I am trying to bulk up. I have this tendency to avoid simple sugar in all forms (coffee, icecreams, regular soda etc etc). Do you think I am depriving myself of sugar?? My aim is to bulk up. I do however get sugar from milk, fruits, protein shakes/ bars , bread etc.

Tryska
03-06-2002, 08:07 AM
sure you can go sugar free. it's prolly better ofr you in the long run. i do the same thing oyu do.

IceRgrrl
03-06-2002, 08:09 AM
I try to do the same thing. When I do need to use sweetener, like in my morning coffee, I use Splenda or something of that sort.

Qea
03-06-2002, 09:12 AM
YOu'd want simple sugar right after workouts.

your postworkout drink should include carbs like dextrose/glucose or malto (technically a complex carb but it has a high GI)

not fructose tho.

bwala :hump:

MonStar1023
03-06-2002, 10:24 AM
I eat a lot of sugars on my carb-up meal(s). Other than that I dont take any sugars in at all, although I do take in a lot of Equal and things like that.

:cool::cool:

Jane
03-06-2002, 06:22 PM
Splenda...yumm...the forbidden fruit..

Weaned myself off table sugar, like Tryska said-its better this way in the long run, and got used to unsweetned tea.
I also don't think regular soda is good for anyone at any time for any reason.

Fart Barker
03-06-2002, 06:26 PM
unsweetened tea = naxtiness

Complete Muscle
03-06-2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by IceRgrrl
I try to do the same thing. When I do need to use sweetener, like in my morning coffee, I use Splenda or something of that sort. Me too! Splenda rules. "Tastes like sugar cuz it's made from sugar." I still budget an occasional sweet treat in my diet. And I'm definitely not as careful when bulking.

Budiak
03-07-2002, 11:26 AM
I havent used table sugar in a non-post workout situation in a few years.

BUUUUT regular sugar is found in, ohhh EVERYTHING else. Even cheerios has sugar in it. Its hard to stay away from it. So when cutting I stay away from pretty much all food not labeled "tuna" or "skinless chicken breast"

Manipul8r
03-07-2002, 01:41 PM
I would throw some simple carbs in there for post training, but other than that, its not necessary.. youll do fine without them..