PDA

View Full Version : Starting over, trouble eating

skinnywilly
08-25-2007, 10:07 PM
I fell of the lifting bandwagon and I am just now trying to get back on.

Heres my problem. I work 6 days a week around 13-14 hours a day driving farm equipment. The only two things I take with my food wise are a lunch box with two ice packs and a gallon water jug. I have no way to heat anything, so anything I bring has to be eaten cold.

Now like I said, I haven't been good about my diet and how much I eat. Lately I have found it hard to finish a whole sandwhich. I sometimes wonder if I am even meeting the 2,000 average calorie mark.

So do I just need to force myself to eat? I leave for work around 6:30am and get home around 8:30pm. The problem I have is I don't work up an appetite because I just sit and drive all day long.

Sorry this is so long and big thanks to anyone that reads and offers any advice. :nod:

Bako Lifter
08-25-2007, 10:13 PM
Start drinking your calories. One before work and one after. Almost 3,000 calories right there.

skinnywilly
08-25-2007, 10:19 PM
Thanks Bako, I had forgotten this easy way to get calories. Also, does anyone see a problem with eating all of my calories and not exercising till 9pm? Say, eating my 3200 cals for the day and then not burning any till 9pm? My job does require manual labor, some days are just easier than others.

Railroader
08-25-2007, 11:04 PM
i dont workout till about 1am and then its off to bed seems to be doing ok for me

Adam
08-25-2007, 11:52 PM
does anyone see a problem with eating all of my calories and not exercising till 9pm? Say, eating my 3200 cals for the day and then not burning any till 9pm?

Not 'optimal' but, ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

skinnywilly
08-26-2007, 11:47 AM
I am trying to consider all points of this since its a little different then what I am used to. I won't be able to work out until 9pm when I get home, and since for most of the day I'm sitting I didn't want that to affect the results. i.e. gaining more weight because of little activity other then lifting.

I only own a simple combo weight bench at home. Allows me to do bicep curls, bench(incline and decline) some leg exercises, I also own a set of dumbbells. The gym is not an option for me until fall term starts up since they are either closed when I go to work or come home from work. Or they are not open on weekends.

I've done the calculating on my daily caloric needs. Does anyone see a problem with taking in 3200 cals from 6am till 9pm while sitting and then working out from 9-10pm?

Thanks

Adam
08-26-2007, 12:49 PM
You can do a TON of exercises with just dumbells, heck, with just Calisthenics.

Like I said though, eating 3200 cals from 6am till 9pm while just sitting isn't optimal, But you do what you have to. Not much you can do in that situation.
If you want a little more 'specific' answer, eat a lot of the calorie's upon waking, space them out until 6-7ish pm, then eat the rest. Getting most of the cals upon waking and near working out.

Built
08-26-2007, 12:58 PM
It's not going to matter. Just eat.

Bring dry shakes with you in shaker cups, add water when you're out there, shake it up and knock it back. If you like nuts, bring a bag of them with you, eat a handful of 'em with your shake for more easy calories.

With a barbell you can do zerchers, romanian and conventional deadlifts, walking lunges, front squats, split squats, bulgarians, stepups... also if you can set up for t-bar rows, you can use that setup to do squats.

shazoo123
08-26-2007, 02:12 PM
built explain to me how u can setup for squats with a t-bar row setup?

Built
08-27-2007, 01:05 AM
http://www.t-nation.com/img/photos/07-058-training/image025.jpg

Like this.

Thibaudeau has a bunch of great stuff on this link actually.
http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1524088&cr=