PDA

View Full Version : shrinking bench shirts?

jtteg_x
08-26-2007, 02:46 AM
has anyone machine washed their bench shirt (or PL gear in general) in warm water to shrink the material for a tighter fit? does it affect the durability of the material?

i have a regular fit shirt and want to shrink down so it'll fit 2 sizes smaller. any solutions?

Sensei
08-26-2007, 08:51 AM
I'm sure some of the more experienced equipped lifters can give more input, but I've always felt that much laundering of the material wouldn't do anything good for the integrity of the shirt or suit. The most I've ever done for any of my shirts and suits is rinse them in cold water and hang dry.

redFury
08-26-2007, 11:50 AM
I don't think you'll be able to shrink it two sizes... its a poly material after all. If you are looking for a tighter fit, some shirts can be tailored and taken in at the chest, which costs about $20.

TommyBoy
08-26-2007, 12:27 PM
I'd stay away from washing the shirt. It'll make the material weaker. I use good ol' Febreeze to keep the shirt clean. If it's too loose, either gain weight or get a new shirt.

Ryano
08-26-2007, 09:31 PM
I assume you have a poly shirt. If so, you can wash it in Titan's Powerwash. You just soak the shirt in a sink of luke warm water & a cap full of powerwash. Ring it out & air dry. It doesn't hurt the material at all. It's advertised that it makes the material stronger, but I'm not sure of that. It sure smells MUCH better. I wash my shirts about every 3rd to 4th workout.

sylum
08-27-2007, 07:22 AM
Is this an older poly shirt or is it new? If it's new, it won't get any tighter. If it's older, then you can temporarily shrink it a bit, but 2 sizes is really pushing it.
I would consider making alterations on it if I were you.