PDA

View Full Version : Who doesnt follow a diet?

Stumprrp
08-26-2007, 07:21 AM
Im just wondering here, i dont want preaching i know how to diet i just choose not to :hump:

Who doesnt really follow rules or a diet?? like pretty much see's food and mauls it? i have SOME standards like no regular soda, chips, cookies, or that kind of junk food but however i eat EVERYTHING in sight (burgers, grinders, steaks, anything you can name)

I know how to diet, ive dieted, and it does nothing for me, in the long run i will eat cleaner but for now at 17 and trying to get stronger, theres no need.

The only thing i do similar to a bodybuilder is protien shakes, but i jack those up as well!

VikingWarlord
08-26-2007, 07:26 AM
I was exactly like that at your age. There's no need to do much else.

Sensei
08-26-2007, 07:31 AM
I pretty much eat whatever I want, but I don't go nuts either. Except for being a Diet Mt. Dew and coffee addict, I don't eat a lot of junk.

pbal17
08-26-2007, 07:46 AM
i eat basically whatever i want...but i try to make it something healthy

Stumprrp
08-26-2007, 07:49 AM
im also an addict of diet coke, and a huge coffee guy, i love the taste of coffee and trying new coffees lol, i use splenda so ha!

heres an example, yesterday for breakfast i was so hungry me and the boys went out and i got a steak/cheese omlete with homefries and an order of french toast, washed down with coffee and a glass of OJ, healthy? hell no, protien and stuff to get strong? hell yes, was i still hungry?

..yup

Al3X
08-26-2007, 08:46 AM
different strokes for different folks

I'm not committed, dedicated enough or something to follow a strict diet. Eventually I hope to when I get to a low enough bf, that I can see my abs. For now I just eat what I want, when I want. I do restrict myself. I'm a candy addict. If I have a bag of candy it's either in my belly or someone has taken it away from me! I have a sweet tooth for coffee, and diet coke/pepsi/dr pepper and many other goodies.

Paul Stagg
08-26-2007, 09:38 AM
My best results, by far, have been when I focused on two things:

Calories
Protein.

The rest just fall into place.

Cards
08-26-2007, 11:10 AM
I eat when ever I want and what ever I want, then again I dont like fast food or food with alot of **** in it so I guess it all works out in the end. The only thing I watch is my protein intake.

Ramstein85
08-26-2007, 11:14 AM
I eat everything in sight but i dont go nuts and i also track my calories and make sure im over maintenance using fitday. ALso make sure to get my 200 gram + protein a day. I dont really care about fats and carbs BUT most of the food i eat i consider healthy, the worst being french cheeses and lebanese sweets , which indulge in sometimes!!

getfit
08-26-2007, 11:57 AM
i eat healthy balanced meals.I'm not one to count calories.When I want to treat myself I do,I don't hold back, so far so good.

Alex.V
08-26-2007, 12:24 PM

Calories
Protein.

The rest just fall into place.

Pretty much for me, too. I ballpark the calories, make sure I get enough protein, and just kind of let it roll from there.

Chris Rodgers
08-26-2007, 12:32 PM
I basically follow this program where I make sure I eat multiple times every day. I'm still alive, so I guess it works.

You'll never see my ass on fitday, that's for sure.

Stumprrp
08-26-2007, 03:16 PM
glad im not the only one, my pasta with mozzeralla cheese/sausage/chicken for lunch was damn good.

Jordanbcool
08-26-2007, 07:15 PM
I do my best with my diet but it often doesn't work out as I'd like.

Anyways, calories + protein are the top priorities. As long as I make steady progress each year then I've been doing something right. Even if everything isn't perfect. Sometimes even protein and calories are off but its about consistency not always being perfect. If you eat pretty well the majority of the time the mess ups aren't really going to hurt you at all. At least thats how its been for me.

bill
08-26-2007, 07:29 PM
Pretty much for me, too. I ballpark the calories, make sure I get enough protein, and just kind of let it roll from there.

I've done well when focus on enough protein and lower fat ? Same thing as you and Paul ?

deeder
08-26-2007, 11:18 PM
I don't track what I eat but I watch my weight pretty closely. It's working out well for me right now :)

sharkall2003
08-27-2007, 12:19 AM
I think that when I tracked it was harder to stick to a diet. I just eat high protein foods and a little of something I like. Then I do 20-30 minutes of cardio to work some of it away.

On a USUAL day I know that I eat less than 100 carbs. And over 220 grams protein. Fats are just kept at whatever is in the food plus 15 grams of fish oil.

samj
08-27-2007, 05:35 AM
i dont count calories but i eat as healthy as i can getting as much protein as possible and lay off the carbs after training (cut)

Clifford Gillmore
08-27-2007, 06:05 AM
Yeah, I just up and over my protein when I want to drop fat. Increase cardio as I need to drop more lbs. Eat whatever I want when I bulk.

Cirino83
08-27-2007, 09:03 AM

Right now at your size, it's all fine for you to maintain, but to get there you must have been much more strict....

Paul Stagg
08-27-2007, 09:27 AM
That's not at all true.

Questor
08-27-2007, 09:39 AM
I try to limit the number of processed carbs I eat. That precludes a lot of white bread, buns, sugar, soda, cake, cupcakes, candy.. **** like that.

Everything else is open season. I get my protein, and the other macros fall into place. Good enough for me anyway.

Several times now I've felt like my opinions on bulking are regarded poorly around here. However, I don't conduct my life according to group consensus. :)

WillKuenzel
08-27-2007, 10:05 AM
Having done both, tracked it perfectly and just eating what I want, I've found I did better when I tracked it and followed a hard strict diet but I'm doing just fine and loving life a lot more when I don't.

I have a set routine that I do as far as timing and protein consumption but that's it. Tracking it and doing it perfectly isn't the easiest thing in the world. You can get wonderful results doing it that way. I think some people need to at least track it for a while just have a better idea of what they're eating. But unless you're doing a show, life is more important.

Stumprrp
08-27-2007, 10:09 AM
good post will, as a teenage boy who has the appetite of a blue whale and is going for strength, there really is no need. i get most of my protien from food too.

PhilsterT
08-28-2007, 06:36 AM
If I ever plan on counting calories it won't be until third year of college (2 years from now). I don't count now but have been making great gains and size increases with little bodyfat increase.

Guido
08-28-2007, 08:12 AM

Calories
Protein.

The rest just fall into place.That's pretty much what I do. The only other thing I pay attention to is that I avoid simple sugars as much as possible and don't really eat bread or sweets/desserts hardly ever. I despise McDonalds, BK, and all that other fast food crap so no problems there. I'm very disciplined naturally and have very strict ideas of what I will and will not eat, and most of what I will eat tends to fall into the "healthy" category, so it's honestly pretty easy for me to eat right.