PDA

View Full Version : Carb load

BFGUITAR
08-26-2007, 03:17 PM
Since im going to be eating a lot of carbs, I dont want to eat the stuff with preservatives in it. I would love to get bread from a local bakery but they dont put the nutrition facts on this. Anyone have any ideas?

whiteman90909
08-26-2007, 03:55 PM
I'd try and go for whole wheats.

BFGUITAR
08-26-2007, 06:06 PM
Whole wheats for sure... but they still have preservatives.

mikey4402
08-26-2007, 06:16 PM
giant eagle and other stores have natrual food sections go check them out. you will pay a little more for this kind of foods though

Con
08-26-2007, 06:46 PM
Why make a carb load difficult?

Its supposed to break up the monotony of eating clean/dieting or w/e. If you want to stick to healthier foods, such as whole wheats, then so be it, but worrying about preservatives a bit much.

If you are set on no preservatives however, I could only think of two foods: Oats and fruit.

BFGUITAR
08-26-2007, 06:56 PM
I have no problem with preservatives, but when eating so much I start to think... We all know the study about aspartame and lab rats... They were given quite a bit of the stuff compared to their body weight and they showed kidney problems. My idea is similar... how much preservative could I have safely?

Jordanbcool
08-26-2007, 07:12 PM
Why make a carb load difficult?

Its supposed to break up the monotony of eating clean/dieting or w/e. If you want to stick to healthier foods, such as whole wheats, then so be it, but worrying about preservatives a bit much.

If you are set on no preservatives however, I could only think of two foods: Oats and fruit.

Agreed.

Stick with the simple guidelines. Eating healthier whole wheat carbohydrates is best. But there isn't anything wrong with eating white bread for example. As long as its a starch and low in fat its game.

Also keep the sugar intake to a minimum. Nothing wrong with having a little but don't go nuts or it won't work right. I've done alot of refeeds and once you do it a few times you pretty much go on auto pilot. I always ate a ton of whole wheat bread, oats, pasta, rice, raisin bran etc.

Also relax a bit and have a little fun. :)

Trevor M.
08-26-2007, 07:26 PM
I like Rudi's organic whole wheat bread.
Our breads are also made without artificial ingredients, preservatives, or genetically modified organisms.

http://www.rudisbakery.com/products/product_faq/

ray34iyf
08-27-2007, 08:43 AM
Don't think too much about eating freakishly healthy during your load. My laod last week consisted of tons of blueberry bagels, mac and cheese, potatoes, a few pop tarts and some coco puffs. It's not going to make a whole lot of difference, plus the more healthy you get, the more fiber you'll have to eat, and that can screw up the load to a point.

Cirino83
08-27-2007, 08:59 AM
Don't think too much about eating freakishly healthy during your load. My laod last week consisted of tons of blueberry bagels, mac and cheese, potatoes, a few pop tarts and some coco puffs. It's not going to make a whole lot of difference, plus the more healthy you get, the more fiber you'll have to eat, and that can screw up the load to a point.

Don't forget pasta. Easily put away 400+ carbs during my UD2 with a few cups of pasta and bread.