PDA

View Full Version : Rugby

TJ2389
08-27-2007, 09:32 PM
I am a rugby player about to enter my third season. I play center and I was wondering if anyone here who is familiar with the game could give me some position specific drills/training tips.

TJ2389
08-27-2007, 09:39 PM
btw i know theres another thread like this but i am just looking for a couple of drills I can do in the backyard.

Justin R
09-05-2007, 02:25 PM
I'm starting my first season this fall so I'm currently learning the game and training(out of shape badly!). I dont know a lot of back drills, being that im 6'2" 260lbs you can guess which position I will play = )

If your alone, sprints or pyramids ( http://www.rugbytactics.com/drill.php?drill=20 ) cutting drills and practicing the various kicking techniques. If you have a buddy, you can do passing drills, such as switching, pickup and throw, or kick back and forth to practice catching kicks.

-"Football(soccer) is a gentleman's game played by hooligans. Rugby is a hooligan's game played by gentlemen."

dahljr
09-06-2007, 10:20 AM
to be honest mate i have played rugby and fotball and you can use a lot of football drills for rugby and vice versa.
do you guys play league or rugby union?
justin that quote is very true haha

Justin R
09-11-2007, 02:36 PM
Yep, so true. How about "Were a drinking team with a rugby problem!" that usually fits pretty well also = )

We play Union here.