PDA

View Full Version : Whats so bad about potatoe chips?

BFGUITAR
08-27-2007, 11:16 PM
I read the back of a bag once and there seemed to be very low saturated fat yet a hell of a lot of mono and possibly poly unsaturated fat. Would chips be an ideal source of mono fats as well as some complex carbs?

Ramstein85
08-28-2007, 06:09 AM
I read the back of a bag once and there seemed to be very low saturated fat yet a hell of a lot of mono and possibly poly unsaturated fat. Would chips be an ideal source of mono fats as well as some complex carbs?

Ummm NO? the only reason they might be realtively low i nsaturated fats is if they are cooked in sunflower oil but still, the nutrients in chips are low to non existent with the exception of uber amount of carbs. Get your healthy fats from nuts, olive oil/flaxseed/fish. Just my 2 cent

Al3X
08-28-2007, 06:18 AM
If they fit into your "diet" then why not?

I agree most potato chips are cooked in sunflower oil. If you choose to eat potato chips look for baked with low carbohydrates.

ShockBoxer
08-28-2007, 06:28 AM
Lots of calories? Check.

High in starches and low in sugar? Check.

Low in saturated fats? Check.

Chips beat the living **** out of a chocolate bar in every single 'healthy' way.

Aside from a 75 gram bag having twice as many calories as a 50 gram chocolate bar, that is. It's easy to overload calories when munching on potato chips.

Ramstein85
08-28-2007, 06:41 AM
KETTLE CHIPS ftw

Guido
08-28-2007, 08:07 AM
Whats so bad about potatoe chips?Dan Quayle, is that you? :D

Seriously, if you get some of those Krunchers kinds or organic varieties then chips can be a pretty healthy snack if eaten in moderation.

greekboy80
08-28-2007, 07:10 PM
KETTLE CHIPS ftw

Ditto!

I've found a couple that are flash fried in canola oil! :drooling:

TonyCap
08-29-2007, 09:15 PM

Not all are the same, what type of chips are we talking about here?

Vapour Trails
09-05-2007, 11:58 AM
It's simple silly, chips and burgers go straight to your lovehandles.

Oats and peanut butter make you uber huge.

Don't you read bodybuilding.com?

Cirino83
09-05-2007, 12:08 PM
It's simple silly, chips and burgers go straight to your lovehandles.

Oats and peanut butter make you uber huge.

Don't you read bodybuilding.com?

:withstupi :burger:

to the OP if you want chips and they fit into your daily macros, then eat chips. just be careful, the cals can add up fast.

ray34iyf
09-05-2007, 12:09 PM
So Vapour, you seem to be mocking the clean bulking fans. If I were to get my macros(.5g carb/lbm and 1g protein/lbm), it wouldn't really matter where the rest of my cals came from to reach my cals as long as I have my base?

Cirino83
09-05-2007, 12:16 PM
^^ pretty much. Make sure you get your protein, appropriate fats and 25 g of fiber.

Outshine
09-05-2007, 12:28 PM
So Vapour, you seem to be mocking the clean bulking fans. If I were to get my macros(.5g carb/lbm and 1g protein/lbm), it wouldn't really matter where the rest of my cals came from to reach my cals as long as I have my base?

For the purpose of weight gain, pretty much. For general health, not so much.

ray34iyf
09-05-2007, 12:52 PM
Good to know. That'll make things a bit cheaper/easier when I finish up this UD2.0 cycle...especially considering I'll be using an IF diet. Awesome! :burger: