PDA

View Full Version : ArmandSV Routine

ArmandSV
08-28-2007, 12:00 PM
so after going through a lot of routines and reading a lot, I have developed a routine that suits my needs perfectly (at the moment). Thanks to all of you for participating in this community, I have made great advancements in my health due to this site.

so here it is

Monday & Friday: HIIT/Crossfit training
2-4 sets of 15 reps (all bodyweight)
push ups
pull ups
sit ups
squats

the sets are mixed in between sprinting drills, jumping drills, basically anything that makes you sweat hard for short intervals

IE set up stations of the 4 sets, and sprint between the stations and do the loop 2-4 times
- between the loops we usually run line drills, I call them ladders

Tuesday & Thursday: Heavy Lifting
5x5 or 8x3 of
squats & dead lift, pull ups & Arnold presses, rows & low incline dumbbell press
then if not dead tired, maybe a bicep and tricep lift

Wednesday & Saturday: Long Jog and Abs
go for a run 2-5 miles, and do planks and side planks at the end

Sunday: Rest

then repeat

I feel this is a good balance of weights and cardio. By Sunday I defiantly enjoy my rest day. I'm hoping with a calorie tracked diet(cutting), and time I will be able to increase my speed and endurance in sports while putting on some muscle and shedding the 15lbs of fat that my BF% scale says I need to lose to get to 10%BF, and hopefully show a 6-pack by then.

-I'm open to all comments, suggestions, etc

jdeity
09-03-2007, 03:01 PM
I'd want my heavy days split up with more than a day between them, given you're just doing 2 weekly.

ArmandSV
09-04-2007, 11:47 AM
I'd want my heavy days split up with more than a day between them, given you're just doing 2 weekly.

thats a good idea, maybe reorganize to

M - HIIT
T - weights
W - jog
T - HIIT
F - weights
S - jog
S - rest

hmm, i like it. good suggestion

jdeity
09-04-2007, 12:15 PM
no problem! new setup looks much better imo, the heavy days were just too close before!