PDA

View Full Version : Natural to gain a few lbs after coming off a long cut?

KobeWillVindic8
08-29-2007, 07:02 PM
I had been cutting slowly for about 5 months, and lost around 20ish lbs in that time. About 2 weeks after coming off the cut, I have gained about 4lbs but am baffled because I had been eating at maintenance and slightly above at worst. Is it natural to gain a few lbs like this? because I don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me or something, but I'm starting to feel less defined. My strength feels like it went up slightly.

ray34iyf
08-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Yeah, if you ramp the cals up too quickly, you'll put on fat on quick. It's very important to slowly increase cals up to maintenance and stay there for a few weeks to allow metabolism and all that other stuff in your body to normalize.

monkeyarms
08-29-2007, 09:29 PM
I had been cutting slowly for about 5 months, and lost around 20ish lbs in that time. About 2 weeks after coming off the cut, I have gained about 4lbs but am baffled because I had been eating at maintenance and slightly above at worst. Is it natural to gain a few lbs like this? because I don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me or something, but I'm starting to feel less defined. My strength feels like it went up slightly.

Probably water-weight. Personally, when I start a cut I lose about 5 lbs the first week, and when I come off a cut & start maintaining or bulking I gain about 3. It's all water.

Give it a bit of time.

Built
08-29-2007, 09:52 PM
Former maintenance, or new maintenance?

KobeWillVindic8
08-29-2007, 10:01 PM
new.

Built
08-29-2007, 10:07 PM
How do you know what new maintenance is?

KobeWillVindic8
08-30-2007, 12:32 AM
well, i gradually reduced my caloric intake as i lost weight. that was determined by finding out how many calories it required for me to lose ~1-2lbs/week. Of course, this process was dynamic -- constantly lowering my intake as the lbs came off. after coming off the cut.. i bumped the cals up ~400 for maintenance.

i didn't know final exams were required after coming off a cut.

Built
08-30-2007, 12:50 AM
LOL @ post-cut finals. ;)

If you're eating more carb than before, you're holding glycogen and water - particularly if you went off training for the week.