PDA

View Full Version : Done my cut?

BFGUITAR
08-29-2007, 10:31 PM
BEFORE PICS: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=99574

Weight: 170 pounds
Bf%: 12-13%?
Big 3: a bit over 700... I know im working on it

Well I think im done but im not sure... ive kinda got abs, kind of dont. I dont think im naturally a lean person, which sucks but w/e, doesnt bother me too much.

I would like to be leaner but I think I need to worry about packing on some mass (especially in my traps and arms). Abs are nice, but I think im lean enough to turn a few heads lol. Im about to end my first, and only week of UD2. I may try it again but with school starting I have enough to worry about.

One thing that struck me was my back... it seems to amaze me more and more. I think ive just got a naturally wide back and small waste.

Any comments? Perhaps another BF% estimate?
PS: I know my legs are pasty, thats what you get for being a white boy who can tan very well.

Blood&Iron
08-29-2007, 10:38 PM
Looking good man.

If I had to guess I'd peg you at 10-12%bf, though you seem to carry a bit of extra fat in your legs (the lack of a tan doesn't help). I say go ahead and bulk. Just take it slow and easy. Don't get carried away and undo all your hard work.

BFGUITAR
08-29-2007, 10:42 PM
Yes, I do carry fat in my legs. Better my legs than my stomach!!!!

I bulked too quickly before, it was hella fun but im going to tone it down more, especially because I have to cook my own food lol.

Tofer
08-29-2007, 11:40 PM
Big changes man. Great job all around. You've got a body to be proud of now.

nhlfan
08-29-2007, 11:53 PM
looking pretty good man. legs are a little small imo...put some mass on them and your big 3 will grow quickly!

Built
08-30-2007, 12:15 AM
Nice work on the back! Nice posing on it too! (Don't you just find it SO MUCH EASIER to flex lats once you have them?) ;)

What's the plan for the bulk - anything you plan to focus on?

BFGUITAR
08-30-2007, 08:13 AM
I would like to focus on arms and traps, they seem to be lagging a lot. Im thinking of continuing bill starr 5x5 and add in some extra arm/trap work... I know im going to get flamed for doing that but I think its needed in my case. Ive been working long enough to see what requires special attention.

Outshine
08-30-2007, 09:03 AM
Significant progress. Nice job.

You should put before/after pics side by side to really see the differences.

Chubrock
08-30-2007, 11:38 AM
Nice job man. Actually didn't think you'd be as lean as you were. Have nothing to base that assumption off of however haha.

Built
08-30-2007, 11:44 AM
Significant progress. Nice job.

You should put before/after pics side by side to really see the differences.

I was thinking the same thing - I got lost going back, back, back in time...

I would like to focus on arms and traps, they seem to be lagging a lot. Im thinking of continuing bill starr 5x5 and add in some extra arm/trap work... I know im going to get flamed for doing that but I think its needed in my case. Ive been working long enough to see what requires special attention.

Make sure you do cleans. They'll do your upper carriage a world of good - not to mention forearms.

What rep range have you been hitting arms with?

BFGUITAR
08-30-2007, 01:21 PM
I never went above 8 reps per set for arms... Perhaps I should maybe do some 5x5 and some 3x12?

I would love to learn how to do clean but I dont seem to have enough wrist flexibility for it, nor do I have the means to learn the right technique. I am doing one armed snatches if that matter.

And thanks Chubrock, its a real compliment lol

Built
08-30-2007, 01:55 PM
I learned how to do cleans from the internet. If I can, you can!

Try a little more volume for your arm work, higher reps, more frequency - particularly for biceps. I found this helped me, you may be similar.

One combo I used is as follows:

5x5 alternating bicep curl - cheat 'em a bit to go heavy
then three supersets of the following:

8-rep incline dumbbell curl - strict, don't go heavy, go sloooow on the negatives. You will feel the stretch. Don't drop fast - you CAN hurt yourself with these if you do something stupid like go too heavy.
8-rep close grip pulldowns. Do these on the lat pulldown station, sit ramrod straight, bolt upright, close grip, do them as a pumping movement

The relative weights I've used are about as follow, for me. Adjust as appropriate:

5x5 - 30 lbs a side

inclines - 15 lbs a side

Lat pulldowns - 120 lbs

So if you're doing 50 a side with the 5x5s, do 25 a side for the inclines and 200 lbs for the pulldowns.

Try it. I felt the skin stretch across my biceps the first time I did these. Do 'em all carbed up at the beginning of a leg day sometime. Lemme know how they felt.

McVein
08-30-2007, 02:43 PM
Compounds will help you grow better than supersetting armcurls imo.

leaned out a lot man, imo chest and shoulders need work, back looking nice though, nice lat spread.

Built
08-30-2007, 02:46 PM
While I generally agree, he's been doing and will continue doing compounds.

Sometimes, when what you're doing isn't working, you need to change things for a little while.

I am by no means suggesting he ditch compounds as the backbone of his lifting!

BFGUITAR
08-30-2007, 03:03 PM
What built said.

Ive tried the compound lifting with a little extra stuff to help my arms but im still not happy. Why not add more arms stuff?

Built
08-30-2007, 03:08 PM
I figure just try it for a bit. It'll work or it won't.

BFGUITAR
08-30-2007, 04:34 PM
I think I may want to lose a few more pounds... im at a point where each pound of fat can make a HUGE difference.

Built
08-30-2007, 05:03 PM
Oh, I totally understand. Go until you feel like a skinny bitch. You'll know when that is.

BFGUITAR
08-31-2007, 12:30 AM
Or maybe not... how does 1 month bulk 1 month cut cycle sound?

Built
08-31-2007, 02:13 PM
Or maybe not... how does 1 month bulk 1 month cut cycle sound?

Slow - with fewer wardrobe changes.

North
08-31-2007, 03:47 PM
Nice work guitar, especially on the back.

RedSpikeyThing
08-31-2007, 04:21 PM
good work man, you've come a long way since I saw you in June! You have a good physique and you're right, your arms and traps seem to be lagging a little.
I'm with built - do cleans! They aren't that hard. Start with the bar, although I found them a little easier once I started putting some weight on the bar.

BFGUITAR
09-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Ill look into them.

Anyone know a way to incorporate cleans and one armed snatches into westside?

JessWabbit
09-04-2007, 09:48 AM
nice work. keep doing it!

Keith
09-04-2007, 09:55 AM
Great changes bro. If I were you, I would keep going but it that all depends on how you feel about it. If you're at 12% already, through your bulk I wouldn't find it necessary to go above the body fat you're already at so if you were to bulk now I would take it slow and gradual.

Keith
09-04-2007, 09:59 AM
Ill look into them.

Anyone know a way to incorporate cleans and one armed snatches into westside?

Out of curiosity, what type of westside are you doing? I just started mine and using this (http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=459321) template. I've done a lot of research into it and think it suits my needs quite nicely. Just letting you know because your stats aren't too far off mine.

BFGUITAR
09-04-2007, 05:39 PM
I dont really have a template right now.

But I like that one, I think I just may use it :D
It seems alot different than other types of training ive done, seems like a lot of volume.

Anyone else know anything about that template?

Keith
09-04-2007, 05:47 PM
I dont really have a template right now.

But I like that one, I think I just may use it :D

You don't have one? :scratch:

Are you currently on it right now? If not, look into that one I gave you because I saw more of your stats and even your lifts are pretty damn similar. That one suits my needs the most.

ray34iyf
09-04-2007, 05:52 PM
Awesome job man. It's really fun when you start seeing changes like this, huh? If I were you, I'd keep cutting to 8-9% and then never go above 12% again. Look into UD 2.0. It's not as hard as people say it is. After the first week, it's so easy..atleast for me.

BFGUITAR
09-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Ive done UD2, I feel it works as well but I want to do 4-5 weeks of bulking and 2 weeks of UD2. Maybe even 3. I just would like to get bigger at this point.

The template is nice but I dont like how there isnt a "squat day" and a "deadlift day". Are there any modifications that can be made?

ray34iyf
09-04-2007, 07:01 PM
I have no idea about modifying it for that, but you could ask lyle on his site about that. The reason I say you should give UD 2.0 a go for an extra 4 weeks is that once you get down to 8% or so, it makes it much easier in the long run to stay lean. You'd give yourself that 8-13 or so BF range and you never have to be staring at a high bodyfat in the mirror again. It's up to you though. Do what YOU want to do. It's all about YOUR goals.

BFGUITAR
09-04-2007, 07:24 PM
I have no idea about modifying it for that, but you could ask lyle on his site about that. The reason I say you should give UD 2.0 a go for an extra 4 weeks is that once you get down to 8% or so, it makes it much easier in the long run to stay lean. You'd give yourself that 8-13 or so BF range and you never have to be staring at a high bodyfat in the mirror again. It's up to you though. Do what YOU want to do. It's all about YOUR goals.

Thats true... but for that month im going to be stuck at my current gains and not make much progress.
I guess its good considering ill never be fat again assuming I control my diet.

But than again... it will make my current lifts look that much better :D

This week im going to work on some one rep maxes and see how I do. After that, its UD2. My clothes are going to look so big on me hahaha. O well, at least when I gain weight back it will fill out with muscle.

BFGUITAR
09-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Ive decided after some thinking to start bulking. There are a few school breaks coming up, and when they do, I'm thinking of doing UD2 (geared toward fat loss). Really after only 1 week of UD2.0 ive seen a huge difference in my appearance.

The incentive to start bulking is:
1) I love food
2) I would rather look jacked with a shirt than at 12% bf without. If I lose too much weight, I wont fit into my clothes.
3) Its easier during school

Rodzilla
09-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Starting to gain some muscle! i looked back through some of your older pics from the link compared to now thats a noticeable difference.

Good Work