PDA

View Full Version : About to invest in some AtLarge Supps.

nick420
08-31-2007, 06:37 AM
Hey whats up guys, I've been lifting for about 3 months now, and am about to finish off a 5 lb. tub of muscle milk and next I'm going to try the Maximus gainer you guys offer, really excited to see what I can do to myself with its help. I was wondering if there is any other product that you guys offer that will go together well with Maximus. Thanks lots.

Unholy
08-31-2007, 06:42 AM
Food is always a good investment. I would worry more about diet then supplements at this point.

nick420
08-31-2007, 06:45 AM
alright thanks man, ill see where the maximus takes me. your a f'in beast by the way.

edit: if i used 2.5 scoops a serving twice a day it would still be effective wouldn't it?

Lones Green
08-31-2007, 07:09 AM
alright thanks man, ill see where the maximus takes me. your a f'in beast by the way.

edit: if i used 2.5 scoops a serving twice a day it would still be effective wouldn't it?

yes.

Unholy
08-31-2007, 07:13 AM

Food is food, if your diet is inadequate switching a meal for a weight gainer will not do much for you.

chris mason
08-31-2007, 07:47 AM
Hey whats up guys, I've been lifting for about 3 months now, and am about to finish off a 5 lb. tub of muscle milk and next I'm going to try the Maximus gainer you guys offer, really excited to see what I can do to myself with its help. I was wondering if there is any other product that you guys offer that will go together well with Maximus. Thanks lots.

You are trying to gain weight, correct?

If so, I would recommend the following supplements:

- MAXIMUS
- Creatine 500
- ETS
- Opticen

If you are limited in funds, MAXIMUS and Creatine 500.

Chris

mikey4402
08-31-2007, 10:06 AM
Food is food, if your diet is inadequate switching a meal for a weight gainer will not do much for you.

agreed

chris mason
08-31-2007, 10:25 AM
agreed

What are you agreeing to?

Unreal has no idea what the guy's diet is like. The guy NEVER said he would switch a meal for MAXIMUS. He said he was interested in MAXIMUS and wondered if it would help him.

MAXIMUS is an effective supplement that will help him to recover from training and add valuable calories to his diet.

Unholy
08-31-2007, 10:34 AM
First off I am not Unreal. I was simply stating that at this point in his lifting career he should probably focus on getting diet dialed in before worrying about supplements. Most beginners get caught up in the advertising hype, spend a good chunk of change and do not get the full benefit of a good supplement such as maximus or the other ones you mentioned. It was just a friendly reminder to prioritize diet before supplements.

DoUgL@S
08-31-2007, 10:48 AM

If you are trying to gain weight, this is in addition to a good diet, and you will be over you maintenance calories, then Maximus will help.

chris mason
08-31-2007, 11:20 AM
First off I am not Unreal. I was simply stating that at this point in his lifting career he should probably focus on getting diet dialed in before worrying about supplements. Most beginners get caught up in the advertising hype, spend a good chunk of change and do not get the full benefit of a good supplement such as maximus or the other ones you mentioned. It was just a friendly reminder to prioritize diet before supplements.

Ok, sorry about the name confusion.

Anyway, I am glad you feel compelled to be the protector of the masses, but there is nothing wrong with intelligent supplementation at any level of experience. I supplement with my own products and have seen excellent results from using them. We have had many emails/posts from our customers who have experienced similar results. Why would you not want him to enjoy the same? Perhaps in the future, you might state that diet is a very important component and should be paid attention to in additon to a sound training and supplementation program.

mikey4402
08-31-2007, 11:28 AM
:hump:
What are you agreeing to?
I was agreeing to what unholy said before and has just said.

Unreal has no idea what the guy's diet is like.. Correct i dont know what his diet is like. so i assume that hes diet is in good order, because he is thinking about SUPPLEMENTING it

The guy NEVER said he would switch a meal for MAXIMUS. He said he was interested in MAXIMUS and wondered if it would help him

MAXIMUS is an effective supplement that will help him to recover from training and add valuable calories to his diet.
Adding a serving of maximus or any weight gain, would benifit anyone while bulking. However a similar benifit would be acheved by adding a solid food based meal with similar caloric and protien maros. which i beleive unholy was referring too, and i was agreeing too.

Maximus=Food

now if he added createin, like you suggested. he would achevie a benifit that couldnt be subsituted with solid foods.

DoUgL@S
08-31-2007, 11:33 AM

Correct i dont know what his diet is like. so i assume that hes diet is in good order, because he is thinking about SUPPLEMENTING it

Adding a serving of maximus or any weight gain, would benifit anyone while bulking. However a similar benifit would be acheved by adding a solid food based meal with similar caloric and protien maros. which i beleive unholy was referring too, and i was agreeing too.

Maximus=Food

now if he added createin, like you suggested. he would achevie a benifit that couldnt be subsituted with solid foods.

Real food doesn't contain microlactin, that like creatine is an additional benefit for training.

chris mason
08-31-2007, 11:37 AM

Correct i dont know what his diet is like. so i assume that hes diet is in good order, because he is thinking about SUPPLEMENTING it

Maximus=Food

MAXIMUS does not equal food.

There is no food in the world like it. No food contains its ratio of milk and egg proteins, Microlactin, inulin, and flax. MAXIMUS has direct ergogenic effects.

So, do not be confused.

In addition, most solid meals that he might consume would be no cheaper than MAXIUMUS, thus making it a good buy even if the above were not true.

Yes, eating more is important if you want to gain weight, but so is proper supplementation. That is why the biggest and strongest in the world approach us nearly EVERY day to get sponsored with free products for their personal use.

Chris

mikey4402
08-31-2007, 11:40 AM
Real food doesn't contain microlactin, that like creatine is an additional benefit for training.

If you were taking maximus just for the microlactin then you might as well just supplement with ETS. Which is one hell of a product, and IMO ETS is the best product ATlarge offers.

mikey4402
08-31-2007, 11:48 AM
MAXIMUS does not equal food.

There is no food in the world like it. No food contains its ratio of milk and egg proteins, Microlactin, inulin, and flax. MAXIMUS has direct ergogenic effects.

So, do not be confused.

In addition, most solid meals that he might consume would be no cheaper than MAXIUMUS, thus making it a good buy even if the above were not true.

Yes, eating more is important if you want to gain weight, but so is proper supplementation. That is why the biggest and strongest in the world approach us nearly EVERY day to get sponsored with free products for their personal use.

Chrisagreed with everything you said

Maybe saying 'Maximus=Food' is an insult to a quility product and i applogies for that.

I was just trying to state a a generlizing way, supplementing with protien powder and meal replacement are no short cuts to acheving your bodybuilding goals. And IMO you shouldnt bother supplementing with products such as Maximus unless your diet is in check. Once you do that then you can realy see the potential power that can be achevied by supplementing with products like Maximus.

Unholy
08-31-2007, 11:51 AM
If you were taking maximus just for the microlactin then you might as well just supplement with ETS. Which is one hell of a product, and IMO ETS is the best product ATlarge offers.

Or even pure Microlactin powder.

No doubt Maximus is a good product. And I do not doubt that intelligent supplementation can be helpful at any level of experience, I just think that supplementing a diet that isn't tweaked and well thought out in the first place could be a major waste of money. You are right though I will tell folks that diet along with solid training and supplements will yield optimal results, I just don't think that many beginners pay enough attention to diet to be worried about supplements. I am sure there are exceptions though.

chris mason
08-31-2007, 12:07 PM

No doubt Maximus is a good product. And I do not doubt that intelligent supplementation can be helpful at any level of experience, I just think that supplementing a diet that isn't tweaked and well thought out in the first place could be a major waste of money. You are right though I will tell folks that diet along with solid training and supplements will yield optimal results, I just don't think that many beginners pay enough attention to diet to be worried about supplements. I am sure there are exceptions though.

There you go, being the defender of the faith again. Trying to **** me out of making a profit or selling my product, eh? Just an FYI, by the time he bought the pure powder and paid for the extra food he would be spending MORE than just buying MAXIMUS. I am sure he is grateful to you for providing him the roadmap to blowing extra money...

Seriously, crap like this, on the AtLarge forum, just gets old.

mikey4402
08-31-2007, 12:19 PM
There you go, being the defender of the faith again. Trying to **** me out of making a profit or selling my product, eh? Just an FYI, by the time he bought the pure powder and paid for the extra food he would be spending MORE than just buying MAXIMUS. I am sure he is grateful to you for providing him the roadmap to blowing extra money...

This website is here to help people achevie their goals, by providing information on the basics of bodybuilding and to provide a community of people who share the same intrests. NOT to increass you bank account.

That is insulting i thought you were above that chris. For now on ill stay out of the 'Atlarge fourm'. although i move for this forum to be called the 'biased supplemnt forum' Goodday

chris mason
08-31-2007, 12:48 PM
This website is here to help people achevie their goals, by providing information on the basics of bodybuilding and to provide a community of people who share the same intrests. NOT to increass you bank account.

That is insulting i thought you were above that chris. For now on ill stay out of the 'Atlarge fourm'. although i move for this forum to be called the 'biased supplemnt forum' Goodday

Yes, the forum is here to provide solid information and to help people. Telling everyone to eat more is not accomplishing that goal.

Please do avoid this forum.

nick420
08-31-2007, 01:00 PM
sorry for not replying in a while, i was at school, and i agree with unholy on this, im going to get the maximus only, and get my diet straightened out because since I've had the muscle milk I've noticed its replaced a lot of my meals. But once I'm done with that tub of maximus, since its only 20 servings I plan on buying another tub and getting some creatine as well, because getting the diet part down seems more logical to me. Lookin forward to it though!

Unreal
08-31-2007, 01:01 PM
Maximus, opticen, nitrean, ets, and creatine 500 will all be useful anda re good supplements.

And that is about the 5th time today I've seen Unholy refered to as me. I'm not nearly that fat. :)

Unholy
08-31-2007, 01:25 PM

You **** yourself out of making a profit by sounding like a broken record. Sure atlarge products are good, sure they work, and I am convinced you make sure they are 100% best ingredients on the market. I buy atlarge products myself and recommend them to friends. You on the other hand just prey on new lifters and plug in atlarge products as the key to building a good physique. Sure guys you don't have to eat or lift anymore just buy Maximus and you will get huge!

chris mason
08-31-2007, 02:04 PM
You **** yourself out of making a profit by sounding like a broken record. Sure atlarge products are good, sure they work, and I am convinced you make sure they are 100% best ingredients on the market. I buy atlarge products myself and recommend them to friends. You on the other hand just prey on new lifters and plug in atlarge products as the key to building a good physique. Sure guys you don't have to eat or lift anymore just buy Maximus and you will get huge!

I don't prey on anyone and I suggest you never, ever, say anything even remotely similar to me again if you wish to remain on this site.

You have no idea how many hours I have spent helping others on this site and elsewhere. I have written articles, thousands of posts, and provided verbal coaching to many, many people. I have spoken to them about how to train, eat, and supplement.

I recommend our products because I believe in them. They work for me, for our lifters, and for many, many others. For me not to recommend them would be doing someone a disservice as I know they work. If you cannot understand that then you are not thinking clearly on the matter or do not understand my opinion of our products.

Unholy
08-31-2007, 02:33 PM
Oh I understand perfectly fine. I recommend them too, whenever the person needs supplements.

Some poor soul asks for advice on weightgainers, you have the nerve to say that telling people to eat more is not the solution, no of coarse not, eating more food is not going to help someone trying to gain weight. My bad Chris.

You didn't mention diet at all to this guy, you simply recommended that he spend $150 right off the bat.

DeHartD
08-31-2007, 02:50 PM
Ok, sorry about the name confusion.

Anyway, I am glad you feel compelled to be the protector of the masses

There you go, being the defender of the faith again. Trying to **** me out of making a profit or selling my product, eh?

I don't think that was there intention... they were giving the newbie the most applicable advice which was make sure you have a set diet before you think about supplements. If the kid is not eating correctly then he'll never experience the full potential of the unparalleled Maximus. If he doesn't get the results he's looking for he's not going to get more, so they were actually helping you by making sure he was ready to take this product.

chris mason
08-31-2007, 03:10 PM
Oh I understand perfectly fine. I recommend them too, whenever the person needs supplements.

Some poor soul asks for advice on weightgainers, you have the nerve to say that telling people to eat more is not the solution, no of coarse not, eating more food is not going to help someone trying to gain weight. My bad Chris.

You didn't mention diet at all to this guy, you simply recommended that he spend $150 right off the bat.

Why would I mention food when someone else already had?

Why would I not respond to a question about MY product on the PRODUCT'S FORUM???

Some poor soul and I have the nerve??? Lol, you are waaayyyyy off base.

I have stated in this thread, more than once, that sufficient caloric intake is important. I have stated it in articles and in the Max Mass guide I WROTE.

Seriously, you are just spewing a bunch of nonsense.

chris mason
08-31-2007, 03:11 PM
I don't think that was there intention... they were giving the newbie the most applicable advice which was make sure you have a set diet before you think about supplements. If the kid is not eating correctly then he'll never experience the full potential of the unparalleled Maximus. If he doesn't get the results he's looking for he's not going to get more, so they were actually helping you by making sure he was ready to take this product.

I don't agree. I think we will have to agree to disagree on the topic.

Unholy
08-31-2007, 03:17 PM
Why would I mention food when someone else already had?

Why would I not respond to a question about MY product on the PRODUCT'S FORUM???

Some poor soul and I have the nerve??? Lol, you are waaayyyyy off base.

I have stated in this thread, more than once, that sufficient caloric intake is important. I have stated it in articles and in the Max Mass guide I WROTE.

Seriously, you are just spewing a bunch of nonsense.

And I never said your products don't work, nor did I tell the OP not to buy the product. I gave some advice that in my opinion and apparently not only my opinion I thought would be helpful. Look at my posts, I don't bash ALN at all. You said yourself this forum is here to provide solid information and to help people. You are making attacks against me telling me I'm spewing nonsense and that I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Its a shame that you have to get so heated whenever someone disagrees with you.

chris mason
08-31-2007, 03:21 PM
And I never said your products don't work, nor did I tell the OP not to buy the product. I gave some advice that in my opinion and apparently not only my opinion I thought would be helpful. Look at my posts, I don't bash ALN at all. You said yourself this forum is here to provide solid information and to help people. You are making attacks against me telling me I'm spewing nonsense and that I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Its a shame that you have to get so heated whenever someone disagrees with you.

What???

You say I have the "nerve" to essentially take advantage of a young man and then wonder why I get upset???

Lol, come on!

Unholy
08-31-2007, 03:22 PM
sorry for not replying in a while, i was at school, and i agree with unholy on this, im going to get the maximus only, and get my diet straightened out because since I've had the muscle milk I've noticed its replaced a lot of my meals. But once I'm done with that tub of maximus, since its only 20 servings I plan on buying another tub and getting some creatine as well, because getting the diet part down seems more logical to me. Lookin forward to it though!

Oh look, I helped someone find a flaw in their diet and opened their eyes to the importance of diet. The OP himself admitted that his diets the problem and he should fix it before getting too worried about what supplements to buy. I think I hit the nail on the head and you really have something personal against me. I expected more from someone like you.

Unholy
08-31-2007, 03:24 PM
What???

You say I have the "nerve" to essentially take advantage of a young man and then wonder why I get upset???

Lol, come on!

You called me out and said that I don't know what the OP's diet is like. I was in his shoes 2 years ago, if it wasn't for a few WBB members telling me my diets **** I would probably be standing in line at GNC looking for a quick fix to my problem. The poor soul and preying was obviously an exaggeration. Although apparently I'm not far off seeing as how I struck a nerve.

DeHartD
08-31-2007, 03:25 PM
I don't agree. I think we will have to agree to disagree on the topic.

I don't see where you're coming from. So are you saying that this kid can still get HUGE no matter what he eats throughout the day and just adding MAXIMUS?

Built
08-31-2007, 03:27 PM
Trying to be unbiased here... I don't think it's much of a stretch to suggest that most posters on this forum are generally anti-bs when it comes to supplements.

Maximus is a food. It might be a very well designed food, but ultimately, it's an ergogenic mix of nutrients and calories.

If the OP starts tracking his intake before he starts up with the Maximus, he can see how this addition will help improve his gains.

If he doesn't, he may very well find that his shakes are so darned satisfying that he's not overeating like he should be. This will do nothing to showcase the benefits of this supplemental food source.

My un-asked for .02 on the topic would be to suggest the OP starts tracking his intake on www.fitday.com NOW, and find his average intake.

When his Maximus arrives, he'll add this to the calories he's already consuming and because he's tracking, make sure he's not simply replacing one food for another - in doing so, he'll get the most out his diet and supplementation, making him bigger and letting the product demonstrate that it's doing what it's designed to do.

Nothing is a sub for a good diet. That's ALWAYS going to be the base. There ARE NO magic beans. Even AAS won't work without food.

DoUgL@S
08-31-2007, 03:29 PM

It was an example. I use ETS and I use Maximus mainly as a meal substitute when I do not have time for breakfast. You stated that you viewed adding creatine as beneficial to one's diet, you could have just said eat more red meat. Creatine is available in the food we eat, it is just not feasable to eat 3lbs of red meat a day instead of 1 tspn of creatine monohydrate. Microlactin on the other hand, you can't get from your food.

Why? I take ETS. In my experience ETS works better for ME than Microlactin and vitamins. The cost is not significantly different.

I agree, but the same diet with Maximus > than without. Most people asking these questions will not be as detail oriented as you when it comes to diet.

Why should we discuss diet with this guy, he doesn't want to hear it, he wants supplements. As messed up as it is, your good advice will fall on deaf ears when dealing with newbies that WANT supplements.

Edit: I stand corrected. This one actually listened.

Unholy
08-31-2007, 03:31 PM
Why should we discuss diet with this guy, he doesn't want to hear it, he wants supplements. As messed up as it is, your good advice will fall on deaf ears when dealing with newbies that WANT supplements.

Actually he did want to hear it apparently, and it looks like he has enough sense to do the right thing.

I agree not everyone is going to be as detail oriented but I know that in this game diet is key and calorie is king.

chris mason
08-31-2007, 03:32 PM
Oh look, I helped someone find a flaw in their diet and opened their eyes to the importance of diet. The OP himself admitted that his diets the problem and he should fix it before getting too worried about what supplements to buy. I think I hit the nail on the head and you really have something personal against me. I expected more from someone like you.

Read your posts again.

I took exception to the fact that you felt compelled to tell someone to get pure Microlactin powder and food instead of our product which would cost them more than our product. Why would you do that? What was your motive? You then accused me of swindling some "poor soul" (I am sure he appreciates your description of him, lol). WTF should my reaction be? How should I feel?

Anyway, the product is excellent and anyone trying to gain quality weight should consider it.

Chris

DoUgL@S
08-31-2007, 03:36 PM
Actually he did want to hear it apparently, and it looks like he has enough sense to do the right thing.

I agree not everyone is going to be as detail oriented but I know that in this game diet is key and calorie is king.

I know he listened, that is why I edited my last post.

No one on this thread is debating the importance of a good diet, or that calories>maintenance=weight gain. You know this, but most aren't there yet.

Unholy
08-31-2007, 03:44 PM
Meh, I'm already sorry I tried to help the OP, this whole thread is ridiculous.

When I joined this forum people were very helpful and steered me in the right direction with diet and training. I asked tons of stupid questions about supplements and people told me what I should prioritize, I am extremely thankful for the helpfulness of those members. I was trying to do nothing more nothing less. I have a group on my buddy list on aim with 60-70 people that have gotten a hold of me outside the forums to thank me for advice and help I've given em when they started out. Sorry I'm not trying to sell your products Chris.

HahnB
08-31-2007, 04:12 PM
I think the main concern was that he would be wasting money investing in ANY supplement if he's not eating enough calories to gain weight. I know I wasted a **** load of money when I first started out.

sharkall2003
08-31-2007, 04:34 PM
I think the main concern was that he would be wasting money investing in ANY supplement if he's not eating enough calories to gain weight. I know I wasted a **** load of money when I first started out.

Yeah, same here. I was eating like 1400 calories a day and doing cardio 2 hours a day and doing bench presses and bicep curls. Thank God I stopped that.

chris mason
08-31-2007, 04:36 PM

That would be true, but a supplement which can easily provide over 1000 calories if mixed in whole milk would certainly help to that end.

HahnB
08-31-2007, 05:16 PM
That would be true, but a supplement which can easily provide over 1000 calories if mixed in whole milk would certainly help to that end.

I agree, and I think the main problem with weight gainers is that the majority of beginners don't know what actually makes you gain weight. They're under the impression that the product used alone will make them gain weight, even if it's just one serving a day. Once they understand the concept of eating over maintenance, a good weight gainer is a huge help. It's surprising, but people don't understand that weight gainer=calories (yes maximus does have microlactin etc..). There's a huge misconception among beginners that a weight gainer is different than regular food. The only difference is convenience, and in the case of maximus you're also getting the microlactin.

chris mason
08-31-2007, 07:59 PM
I agree, and I think the main problem with weight gainers is that the majority of beginners don't know what actually makes you gain weight. They're under the impression that the product used alone will make them gain weight, even if it's just one serving a day. Once they understand the concept of eating over maintenance, a good weight gainer is a huge help. It's surprising, but people don't understand that weight gainer=calories (yes maximus does have microlactin etc..). There's a huge misconception among beginners that a weight gainer is different than regular food. The only difference is convenience, and in the case of maximus you're also getting the microlactin.

Yes, with one exception, a good weight gainer will also provide a goodly amount of high quality protein that you may not be getting with regular foods. In other words, 600 calories from MAXIMUS will do more for building muscle than 600 calories from ice cream.

nick420
08-31-2007, 08:29 PM
i really think you guys should stop arguing about whos the better advisor. I'm starting with just Maximus, along with getting myself to consume more calories aside from solely the weight-gainer, and THEN and ONLY THEN am I going to decide where to go from there. Thanks for all the help guys, mod you can close this thread if you'd like.

chris mason
09-01-2007, 05:34 AM
i really think you guys should stop arguing about whos the better advisor. I'm starting with just Maximus, along with getting myself to consume more calories aside from solely the weight-gainer, and THEN and ONLY THEN am I going to decide where to go from there. Thanks for all the help guys, mod you can close this thread if you'd like.

Ok, thanks. Thread closed.