PDA

View Full Version : Mark Rippetoe: A New Sport of Strength

Anthony
08-31-2007, 05:38 PM
This is a new interview on EliteFTS:

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/crossfit_total.htm

Thought you might like to know that Myles Kantor has done an interview with me regarding the CrossFit Total. The guys at EliteFTS.com were gracious enough to publish it on their website at: http://www.elitefts.com/documents/crossfit_total.htm

Maybe this will stir up a little interest; our CF Total meet this weekend has a notable paucity of entries. And Iím sure there will be some criticism from the equipment PL folks, which will be fun too. Knowing this, thanks go to Dave Tate and Jim Wendler at Elite for the opportunity to offer an alternative idea.

Bob
08-31-2007, 06:18 PM
haha.. great interview...
can't wait to see the reaction in EliteFTS.. not exactly PL friendly comments in a lot of those answers.

But, Mark has never been afraid to ruffle a few feathers... even in the lions den...

And credit to EliteFTS for showing some other views...
I would love to see what Tate's, Wendler's and other lifters that write articles up there, their CF Total is???

Sensei
08-31-2007, 06:59 PM
I don't think they'll care at all. I think everyone there respects Mark Rippetoe and so what if he doesn't like the monolift?

RedSpikeyThing
08-31-2007, 08:49 PM
Sounds cool to me. At worst maybe we won't see the curl as a competition lift anymore.

mickyjune26
08-31-2007, 10:27 PM
That's really interesting. I didn't read the original CFT requirements. Is there a requirement on squat stance?

Being tall, I'm repeatedly told that I should do sumo on deadlifts, so I can lift more.

I like the fact that bench is taken out. In order for me to touch my chest, my shoulders are very hyper-extended. The press would be an interesting "replacement" for bench.

KingJustin
09-01-2007, 11:53 AM
That's really interesting. I didn't read the original CFT requirements. Is there a requirement on squat stance?

Being tall, I'm repeatedly told that I should do sumo on deadlifts, so I can lift more.

I like the fact that bench is taken out. In order for me to touch my chest, my shoulders are very hyper-extended. The press would be an interesting "replacement" for bench.
I'm tall and I suck a lot more on overhead press than on bench, and I think my shoulders are relatively small. Maybe this is atypical though.

redFury
09-01-2007, 02:29 PM
Interesting... thanks for posting Anthony!

mickyjune26
09-01-2007, 08:08 PM
interesting. I love doing standing millies. I haven't put in as much effort as I'd like, but they are at a comfortable 135 x 1.