PDA

View Full Version : My squat form - please critique!

CleverName
09-02-2007, 06:10 PM
Thanks to the good people at 24 Hour Fitness I was unable to record it at the gym so I went to my friend's house to use his barbell.

Please tell me of any improvements I can do! Weight is 135 (just for form). :thumbup:

http://media.putfile.com/Video-8-95

ernburn
09-03-2007, 06:54 PM
That first video made me dizzy lol you seem to have good depth and form just continue doing what your doing I say

RickTheDestroyer
09-10-2007, 08:58 AM
Set the bar lower on your back and sit back more.

samj
09-10-2007, 03:18 PM
all i can say is that you are leaning over abit to much maybe not enough hip flexibility? try and keep the weight on your heels

Chubrock
09-10-2007, 03:23 PM
You kick your knees out pretty good, so that's a big plus. You need to think about kicking your hips back and going backwards before breaking at the knees. Your first movement is to bend at the knees, which causes your knees to roll over the tops of your feet.

CleverName
09-10-2007, 03:58 PM
I'm not sure what exactly is meant by sitting back more... do I need to stick my butt out more or something? I can lean forward or over, whichever you mean, a lot more, I just do it the way I do now because I'm trying to emulate other squat form videos (such as Squat RX). Thanks. :thumbup:

RedSpikeyThing
09-10-2007, 05:40 PM
I'm not sure what exactly is meant by sitting back more... do I need to stick my butt out more or something? I can lean forward or over, whichever you mean, a lot more, I just do it the way I do now because I'm trying to emulate other squat form videos (such as Squat RX). Thanks. :thumbup:

Go sit down on the toilet and pay attention to how you sit. Now squat the way you do. Notice the differences. Pretend you are sitting back onto something, rather than trying to put your butt between your legs.