PDA

View Full Version : real difficulty gaining weight

marf999
09-03-2007, 06:05 PM
I want to eat food that healthy, is quick to prepare, or requires no preparation.
is fast to do. Not too expensive.

i'm interested in things i can eat at work - where there's no microwave, nothing.

I have IBS, it's not a disease, it means my bowels are sensitive to certain foods. I can find out the hard way.

i'm 5'6 130lb(9 stone 4) . If I go lazy with eating, eating like a mouse, I go down to 126lb (9 stone). If I eat out every day, like a string of birthdays, eating other peoples' food too, I've gone up to 134lb - 9 stone 8lb (over 9 and a half stone).

For years i've been trying to reach 10 stone, but to no avail. I'm typically 130lb when i'm trying and keeping my habits up. And I often end up dropping back down to 9 stone when I lose my good habits. I've been 9 to 9 1/2 stone like this from 18-25 years old.

I've tried sugarless peanut butter, but that was a disaster. After one spoonfull, it got stuck in my throat - fine - and i had some water to get it down. I grew a massive zit on my neck, and now i've got a scar on my neck where the zit was.

For years i've been trying 100% wholewheat pasta with cheese and tuna. I eat it till i can't eat anymore.. But after too much pasta, my body says no. And after that i can't look at an egg or a pasta. I trust my body on that one. I later discovered that pasta is made from eggs. I can eat large amounts, but I can't eat large amoutns of pasta every day. And not for many meals. Besides the fact of preparation,eating,washing, taking time. I'm not even going into that yet.

All that pasta is carbs and would turn into sugar. My body also can feel sugar level and craves accordingly. If I need sugar, the food tastes good, if i have had too much, it tastes bad.

The other thing I eat is wholegrain brown rice. Hardly anything goes with it.. I just add Cheese, tuna mayo . I can't use the really fatty cheese 'cos it makes my bowels go mad. I have to use low fat. This is same as the pasta meal except rice instead of pasta.

Another meal is spaghetti with cheese, and Cirio sauce. It's good, but spaghetti is the same kind of thing as pasta. I eat it, so much thatl i could puke at the sight of another spaghetti, so i cover the plate when i'm finished.

i need more ideas i think..

Baked potatoes microwaved aren't so suitable for work 'cos there's no microwave there.

Breakfast - for some reason now i feel sick at the sight of cerials like milk with x. It just looks like food floating around in milk. I can't eat much of it. Don't know why.

Salmon Fillets are ok, i do them sometimes. They boil quickly. I do them with baked potatoes, at home. They get made in similar times in parallel. But Salmon every day is prob unhealthy. What with fish .

I tried chicken once, but other people must have magic ovens. Mine they doesn't get done in 8 minutes. It takes an hour. And I stopped doing it anyway because putting olive oil on it, the olive oil boils, and that's really unhealthy, boiled oil, it breaks down and goes carcinogenic. Same reason why fried chips are unhealthy. I just can't find a healthy and quick way to make chicken

Another thing I discovered are cashew nuts.. 100g is 580 cal. so 200g is over 1000 calories.

I'd like variety. To eat healthily. And my body says 'no' if I eat till i can't stand the sight of another spaghetti, and then look at spaghetti again, even later in the day.

I can eat alot without going against my body.. my body doesn't always want to puke up. it's only if i eat endless pasta or spaghetti.. or mayo. I just need different quick meals. So far the only big meal i can take to work is spaghetti or rice or pasta. And, spaghetti and pasta are like the same thing to my body.

i've been trying to eat more for years. As you can see, i've tried things. But it isn't working out. I'd really like to be 10 stone (140lb).

temps
09-03-2007, 07:25 PM
sorry i only scanned through ur post. but here are some friendly tips.

Sundays are my cooking day. I cook enough food to last me through Thursday. Thursday is my last day of school of the week.
I try to eat every 2-3 hours. If i miss a meal I dont over compensate.

I wont go into details. but if ur asking for recipes. I go to costco and buy chicken breasts (best place to buy them). Then I get a huge container, Toss in my marinade mix followed by chicken breasts. And just cook the lil bastards in my Foreman Grill.

the key to consistency is simplicity. Make things that are ez to prepare so the following week your not bummed u gotta take a huge time of the day preparing it.

btw welcome to wbb.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
09-03-2007, 07:29 PM
You need to be eating a lot more than you normally do and you need to be eating more than you think is "a lot". You need to force yourself to eat at times. You need to make homemade weight gainer shakes because liquid calories are easy to down. What you think is "a lot" usually isn't. Some guys on here are eating over 10,000 calories to gain weight. You need to be tracking your calories to know what you're taking in. If you're not gaining...add more calories until you're gaining.

monkeyarms
09-04-2007, 07:08 AM
eat a pound of peanuts everyday. 112g protein, 180g good fats, 2500+ calories.

$1.50 for a bag of Fisher naturals.

HP666
09-04-2007, 07:44 AM
Recipe for you.

Go out and buy 2-3 lbs of ground beef, I use lean turkey, but you want to gain weight. Get a red onion, some green & red peppers, spinach; ANY vegetables that you like and that your bowels can take.

Chop up the veggies and fry in a pan.
While they are cooking make some instant brown rice in another pot.
When the veggies start to get a bit soft throw in the ground meat and cook it.
When the meat is almost done mix in 2-3 cups of brown rice, or as many as you like depending on what amount of carbs you want.

When this is done throw it in the fridge in a big bowl and take what you want when you want it and put it in a smaller bowl. It's actually surprisingly good cold. And don't season the large amount, this way when you take smaller amounts you can use different stuff to flavor for a little variety.
You can make this whole shebang in under 30 minutes, chopping the vegetables takes the most time. And if you're REALLY lazy you can actually buy frozen Spinach, Onions, Broccoli, Peppers that are already chopped, they have them in the frozen food section of most grocery stores.

growthrep
09-04-2007, 09:18 AM
eat a pound of peanuts everyday. 112g protein, 180g good fats, 2500+ calories.

$1.50 for a bag of Fisher naturals.

So true. Between peanuts, cashews, walnuts and pistachios you could EASILY get enough calories. There is also olive oil.......

RhodeHouse
09-04-2007, 12:57 PM
I won't go on my rant - but stop making excuses. If you want it, you'll do it. Someone point him towards the JM Blakely article that Sensei posted.

HP666
09-04-2007, 01:55 PM
I won't go on my rant - but stop making excuses. If you want it, you'll do it. Someone point him towards the JM Blakely article that Sensei posted.

Could someone post the link to that article here?

Ramstein85
09-04-2007, 02:30 PM
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78823

Guido
09-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Find something you can keep down and eat a LOT of it. It's really that simple. Yes, it really is.