PDA

View Full Version : The Zone Diet?

RinkerxX
09-05-2007, 12:19 PM
So a couple months ago I started on the zone diet, but it is tearing my wallet to shreds I have lost some weight but also gained more muscle. Lost and gained muscle so I cant really tell how much actualy FAT weight I lost anyways. Im 5'9'' and about 220 Lb's I have an excellent frame but I just can't seem to lose the excess body fat. Is there another type of diet I should try or some certain foods I should eat? I've read a bunch of threads on here and I can't find really any to suit me? anyone have any idea's or diets I should try along with lifting?

Cirino83
09-05-2007, 12:21 PM
what bf% are you at and what is your goal? how much experience do you have with dieting? what does your routine look like?

markdk86
09-05-2007, 12:24 PM
The diet where you eat healthy foods below maintenance calories.

RinkerxX
09-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Im not exactly sure of my bf% I can posts some picture in a little bit when I get my camera from my g/f. Im un experienced with dieting when I was a little younger I just stopped eating i'd lose weight then i'd eat fruits and veggies and lift. as of right Now i was following the zone diet routine which is like for breakfast
6 eggwhites
1/4 hummus
1/2 cup salsa
12 or so almonds. then I have to eat about the same ratio of foods every 2 hours. anyways Im supposed to take in 112 grams of protein on this diet but im going broke and there has to be an easier way. Im eating like a LB of deli turkey (low fat) in like 2 days and a dozen eggs every 2 days ect.

Cirino83
09-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Im not exactly sure of my bf% I can posts some picture in a little bit when I get my camera from my g/f. Im un experienced with dieting when I was a little younger I just stopped eating i'd lose weight then i'd eat fruits and veggies and lift. as of right Now i was following the zone diet routine which is like for breakfast
6 eggwhites
1/4 hummus
1/2 cup salsa
12 or so almonds. then I have to eat about the same ratio of foods every 2 hours. anyways Im supposed to take in 112 grams of protein on this diet but im going broke and there has to be an easier way. Im eating like a LB of deli turkey (low fat) in like 2 days and a dozen eggs every 2 days ect.

start tracking everything you eat on a normal day on www.fitday.com That will give you your maintenance calories. Subtract 300-500 per week until you start to lose weight. Adjust as needed. As for fats, .5g/lb should be good and carbs just fit into whatever your cals allow. Protein should be 1.5g/lb. 112 grams of protein isn't even enough for a 3rd grade girl. tuttut

RinkerxX
09-05-2007, 12:37 PM
So I should just ditch the zone diet? And start a new one? Any idea's on one I could start or just eat whats healthy and add the information to Fitday.com

markdk86
09-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Stop doing fad diets, do what they said above, and work from there.

Cirino83
09-05-2007, 12:43 PM
for someone new to dieting, there is no reason to make it more complicated than it has to be. Find your maint, subtract 300 or whatever until you lose and keep your protein high and fats at .5g/lb. Once you get under or around 10% you might need to take a more drastic approach.

RinkerxX
09-05-2007, 12:48 PM
I said I was new to dieting, I never had to diet before. Anyways what do you mean .5g/lb?

1/2 a gram of fat for each lb?

Unreal
09-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Yes, 1/2 a gram of fat per pound of lean body mass.