PDA

View Full Version : Constant Fatigue

Rodzilla
09-06-2007, 04:14 PM
For the last 2 months almost, i have been incredibly tired. Initially i figured it was my work environment, which has since changed. A few co-workers agreed they felt tired all the time too. I'm since working somewhere entirely new and i'm still constantly nodding off to sleep.

This really isnt like me. I cant beleive how hard it is to keep my eyes open during the day. By 10:00 in the morning my eyes are rolling back in my head and i'm trying not to fall asleep at my desk. By lunch its worse. By my drive home i'm almost totally oblivious to anything thats going on. Everything feels like subconscious decisions. I've even driven home the wrong way twice this week.

I'm getting atleast 7-8 hours of sleep a night, i have avoided naps all together for a few weeks, or by contrast tried napping for a week.... or just fallen asleep un intentionally some nights.

I eat very well, 3500+ cals a day good balance of carbs and proteins and fats. I drink around 2-3 Liters of water a day, i dont do drugs i dont drink, dont smoke... work out 2-3 times a week. I take Vital greens, and recently have been taking Maca to help give me energy.. both with no effect.

I have no clue how i can be so tired. I have been awake since 7:00 its about 4:00 now and i could put my head on this keyboard and pass out.

Also i have noticed my sex drive is hit or miss. Either no sex drive at all, or hornier than a rabbit on some days. Not sure if this relates but i think its connected.

Anyone have any advice?

sharkall2003
09-06-2007, 06:19 PM
Well, have you consulted with your family physician about this yet? Have you went in for a yearly physical? Maybe you need some bloodwork done.

Built
09-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Have the doc check your free test levels.

Rodzilla
09-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Ya i was thinking it was test related. I'm also experienceing weight loss... i'm down 7-8 pounds with the same diet as usual, and my appetite is poor lately too.

Questor
09-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Didn't read anything but the title. Just thought I'd say:

I went two months getting progressively more tired all the time. I was sleeping constantly and still tired and sore. After these months, I started running a fever.

Turned out I had strep, that had never bloomed fully but instead settled into my muscles.

Antibiotics and it was done almost the next day.

Of course, not doing something, well I think it gets into your heart. Not so good.

Rodzilla
09-07-2007, 04:45 PM
^^ thats scary.

I'm surprised no one else had any more idea's.

I decided to go buy some Ph testers today. My acid/alkalyn balance is wayy off. im very acidic. Gonna try to balance that for about a week to 10 days and if nothing then i'm gonna go to the doctors.

I'm going to balance it with increased green food intake, tea, magnesium and of course water intake. we'll see.

Altephor
09-07-2007, 05:48 PM
Mono?

Trevor M.
09-08-2007, 07:58 AM
Not surprising, many of the enzymatic reactions involved in metabolic pathways to do not function well in an acidic environment. This could result in the fatigue you described.

First think you should do is completely cut out (or minmize drastically for now) are all highly acidic foods such as meats,milk*, wheat,oats. Raise your fruit intake (oranges,lemons, and most fruits are actually alkaline when ingested so eat them up, except notably strawberries) as well as your veggies. Look on the web for a list of Acid/alkaline foods. I'm sure you could find one fairly easily.

I suggest you reevaluate your diet altogether. As there is a reason you got to this point. It was either through diet or you have some time of medical condition that is causing this extreme Ph imbalance.

*there is debate of the "true" Ph balance of milk...

Rodzilla
09-08-2007, 01:35 PM
^^^ Thanks Trevor, nice to see someone else on the board with knowledge on Acid/Alkalyn levels.