PDA

View Full Version : CAn you cut to fast?

wiginator
09-07-2007, 07:59 AM
I know its probably every where in the readings but honestly, I think every person is different.
I am losing over a pound a day with a technique my wrestling coach gave me. (also a former Mr. CT) Here it is, if you can catch it, hunt it or grow it, eat it. Everything else, besides supplements and power bars in garbage. With some exceptions of course. Sticking to this method i think it works. While in school i take a bite of a protein bar every 30-45 min to keep my metabolism going, it is seeming to work. I know its not water weight because I'm drinking over 1.5 gal a day. This combined with an every other day full body work out.(HIIT method) I am seeing amazing results. I am coming of a gyno surgery which really sucked it runs in the family thats why a gained so much weight. In 5 days i have went from 203 to 196 morning weights. Can someone tell if this is to early to tell if its really working? Or just tell me what I am doing wrong. And honesty be as rude as you want i wont get upset, it will set in my head faster...lol

dscarth
09-07-2007, 08:04 AM
1lb/day isnt sustainable weight loss, but 2lb/week is.

wiginator
09-07-2007, 08:07 AM
Even if my metabolism is staying up there cause from what I understand and I could be wrong it the reason the fast weight loss doesn't work is your metabolism slows down. At least that was my experience in dropping 15lb in a week during the wrestling season

RedSpikeyThing
09-07-2007, 08:08 AM
that method is good to eat healthy, but has no gurantees of weight loss. Many people have become fat from eating healthy foods. Also, drinking 1.5 gal of water has nothing to do with water weight....you can still pee/perspire out water weight.

But, if it's working for you then stick with it.

wiginator
09-07-2007, 08:17 AM
Whats water weight then isn't it hydration? And I mean i eat healthy but only eat breakfast and lunch. Unless i workout at night then ill have dinner. I also forgot to mention I am taking Universal Animal cuts.

shootermcgavin7
09-07-2007, 08:24 AM
As others have mentioned, it is almost certain that some of the weight is water weight.

Since your diet seems to be eliminating most processed carbs (and replacing it with veggies); you'll drop water rapidly, no matter how much you're drinking.

Bikkstah
09-07-2007, 08:26 AM
I drink 2-3 gallons a day and still find myself dehydrated. You can sweat/piss out water very easily.

Animal Cuts has diuertic properties built in. You're probably pissing out every ounce of water in your body because you are drinking 1.5 gallons of water while taking a diueretic. You don't eat dinner unless you lift? So you go 12-18 hours without food? Your weight loss is drastic because you're on a diueretic and your body is eating all your muscle.

Power bars are garbage too, most of them have high fructose corn syrup in them among other **** ingridients. If you can snack during the day, snack on beef jerky or peanuts.

wiginator
09-07-2007, 11:15 AM
Shooter: Ok well as long as my piss is white I'm ok or at least feel ok.

Bikkstah: I mean im not eating a full meal, I'm eating a protein bar or shake or even an ounce of peanut butter. And as for losing muscle, I am still either lifting what I could or making gains for that matter. I'm not not trying to bulk and become a beast, thats later, for now I just want to get this pestering weight off me that i have always had.

Spare tires suck!!!

Adam
09-07-2007, 11:18 AM
I agree with pretty much all that was said above.

you don't eat many carbs, carbs turn to glucagen in you and hold on to water, around 1 gram glycogen to 4 grams of water, I think.
Your taking stimulants, laced with caffeine and other diuretics. So any water you were holding is now pissed out.
So most of your lose is probably water.

wiginator
09-07-2007, 11:21 AM
OK so now that all the water is out of me, or the bulk of it will i start to see my actual fat lose? Just because i looked in the mirror and something was looking back at me for the first time in a long time....I have abs

Holto
09-07-2007, 11:24 AM
I agree with pretty much all that was said above.

you don't eat many carbs, carbs turn to glucagen in you and hold on to water, around 1 gram glycogen to 4 grams of water, I think.
Your taking stimulants, laced with caffeine and other diuretics. So any water you were holding is now pissed out.
So most of your lose is probably water.

This is how you can lose tremedous water weight without effecting hydration. One glucose molecule to 4 water molecules = glycogen. You've probably dropped less than 1lb of fat.

At one point I worked with people that were recovering from the Bernstein diet. I had all of them get their bone mineral density tested and all of them lost significant bone mass. You absolutely can cut too fast. Unless losing lean mass is your goal.

wiginator
09-07-2007, 11:32 AM
d*** i knew it was to good to be true well if i die or anything ill let you know but for now i think im going to stick it out and see what happens in the next week I took pictures a week ago ill probably take pictures next week just to compare because even though you guys know alot more then me I am a teenager and still think i know everything. But i will stop if I start to get weaker

I just don't get how a look more cut

Slim Schaedle
09-07-2007, 11:34 AM
In 5 days i have went from 203 to 196 morning weights. Can someone tell if this is to early to tell if its really working?

You lost glycogen and watter weight, as a few thers have mentioned.

I could lose 10 pounds by Monday if I adjusted one simple thing in my diet.

Wouldn't be fat loss though.

So yes, 5 days is too early to tell. Most fad diet books I have critiqued for various classes use this tactic.

Quick initial cut in carbs = mass weight loss in a short period of time = lower reading on scale = happy fad dieter

wiginator
09-07-2007, 11:44 AM
ok well lucky im not a fade dieter and made this thing up on my own sorta kinda, well then ill tell you what happens next week and hopefully i lodse some weight

wiginator
09-07-2007, 11:44 AM
And what should I adjust then?

wiginator
09-07-2007, 02:58 PM
???????????

Adam
09-07-2007, 03:07 PM
I think what Slim is trying to say is that you adjusted one part in YOUR diet, elimation of carbs (or just big reduction)

wiginator
09-08-2007, 07:43 AM
o ok thanks