PDA

View Full Version : My plan for the next year (Updated pics as well)

Keith
09-07-2007, 10:14 PM
I was going to post an official "At the end of my cut" but unfortunately, this summer was far too packed with drinking and partying. It's tough when ALL of your buddies drink and love to party 24/7. Either I give in a few times to party with them or give'r but be a complete loaner. Also a weeks vacation to Myrtle Beach with buddies which REALLY brought me down. I lost 6lbs from drinking/not training/eating anything in site during that week. The rest of the cut went fairly well though, followed it to a T.

This bulk, and the following cut, I plan to go full throttle and no ****ing around (I'm not hoping this either, I'm serious, lol)!

Plan: Very slow bulk and hope not to go beyond 12-13% bf. I find no reason to go beyond that. Following a basic Westside template (not the one that I posted) and train purely for strength for 6 months, depending on how I feel about the program and where it takes me I may cut it short. From there switch over to a bodybuilding routine for 3 months then starting the UD 2.0 and finally get shredded. I really hope to get down to sub 8% at the end of it. We'll see how things go...

As for the pics...

Comments?

bassboy
09-07-2007, 10:39 PM
looking good dude! How long have you been lifting for? I hear you about the friends that party, my buddies are the same way so its tough. Everything in moderation I suppose.

Keith
09-07-2007, 10:50 PM
Thanks.

How long? Hmm...throwing around weights thinking I was serious, 6 years. But applying the real basics to bodybuilding, 2 1/2 years. Started out at about 110lbs but 2 1/2 years ago I was 128lbs. Now I'm just under 170lbs @ 5'9".

It's tough with my social life. If it were up to me, I would literally lift, eat, sleep, repeat. But I would slowly lose contact with my buddies. I wish there were people in my area as passionate as I am about bodybuilding, but I can only do so much with what I have.

bassboy
09-07-2007, 11:07 PM
Yea, I'm lucky because one of my roomates is my lifting partner. Both of us are dedicated and don't like to let partying get in the way of lifting. I will go to a party once in a while, but not enough to matter. However, when I'm not at school my highschool buddies are all about partying and they don't understand why I lift and eat healthy. That makes it hard to keep focused, but then I realize my goals and how badly I want to achieve them, then the motivation takes over.

Keith
09-07-2007, 11:12 PM
I know, it sucks. IMO it's worse in High School because that's what it's all about. I have my training partner who I've grown up with, but that's it. I can't complain that much though, at least I've got one.

RBB
09-07-2007, 11:16 PM
looks like you've made some good progress, keith. live it up and party while you're young, bro. you'll never have another chance in your life to do what you're doing now. don't go too far overboard, but enjoy it.

Herandi
09-08-2007, 06:21 AM
wow keith great progress since your last pics. Lats and back looking real solid especially. Sub 8% is gonna be hard to reach but would look awesome, keep us updated.

RedSpikeyThing
09-08-2007, 09:08 AM
wow man, you're looking great! Massive upper body. How are the legs?

j_man_honda
09-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Lookin stout man! I know exactly where your comin from when u say all your friends drink almost everyday. My friends call me a pussy if I dont go out with them atleast twice a week. But I am in the best shape of any of them so it pays off in the end. Anyway, keep it up bro.

Whats your height and weight??

PS- Im goin out tonight to get sh**faced. My one drinkin day for the month.:alcoholic

Jordanbcool
09-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Yea man you're looking very big and lean to boot. Great job on the cut. Really something to look up too.

Keep up the good work.

WORLD
09-08-2007, 12:28 PM
Wow, do you have a good photographer or what!!:cool:
Looking good as usual. Like I have always said, you should enjoy your young years while you can. Look at how good you look even after all the crappy training. Its tough to put 100% focus into one thing, thats true dedication and sacrifice.
We should have got some leg shots in there. Take some and post them.

Keith
09-08-2007, 05:59 PM
looks like you've made some good progress, keith. live it up and party while you're young, bro. you'll never have another chance in your life to do what you're doing now. don't go too far overboard, but enjoy it.

Thanks bro, that means a lot coming from you. Partying is a little over rated IMO. I've done some HARD partying in the past and I know what I'm missing so I have a good comparison of the two and what I would rather spend my time doing. But the way I look at it though, is life is too short to be small and weak; I wanna make the most out of my time. I want to look the best I possibly can with the time in my life.

wow keith great progress since your last pics. Lats and back looking real solid especially. Sub 8% is gonna be hard to reach but would look awesome, keep us updated.

Thanks dude! Even if I hit 8%, heck, I'm not even going by what my damn calipers say, I just want to be ripped to shreds for the next summer without looking too small at that bf%. But yeah, at the most 8% though.

wow man, you're looking great! Massive upper body. How are the legs?

Thanks bro. The legs are... not so good, lol. My legs and my lower abdominal region carry the most fat by far. They don't look that much different compared to my last set of pics. You can see them there.

Lookin stout man! I know exactly where your comin from when u say all your friends drink almost everyday. My friends call me a pussy if I dont go out with them atleast twice a week. But I am in the best shape of any of them so it pays off in the end. Anyway, keep it up bro.

Whats your height and weight??

PS- Im goin out tonight to get sh**faced. My one drinkin day for the month.:alcoholic

Thank you. Yeah, I got those names a lot in the past and still get them now. But now, I can deal with them a whole lot easier. I'm 5'9" and about 168lbs.

Yea man you're looking very big and lean to boot. Great job on the cut. Really something to look up too.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks bro. That means a lot.

Wow, do you have a good photographer or what!!:cool:
Looking good as usual. Like I have always said, you should enjoy your young years while you can. Look at how good you look even after all the crappy training. Its tough to put 100% focus into one thing, thats true dedication and sacrifice.
We should have got some leg shots in there. Take some and post them.

I wouldn't even call it crappy training, I would call it crappy inspiration from you guys :p . I'd be willing to put 100% or very close to it but I'd be on my own.. unless...:windup:

We should have got some leg shots in there but mine are pasty and not much different from the last shots. Let's see what we can do with this bulk bro!

ryan.lowe
09-09-2007, 09:10 PM
Keith your lookin huge these days, i have to come train with you guys soon. you inspired me to get BIG

Stumprrp
09-09-2007, 10:54 PM
look great man

Keith
09-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Keith your lookin huge these days, i have to come train with you guys soon. you inspired me to get BIG

Thanks bro! My gym is always open for anyone who wants to drop by.

look great man

Thanks.

curqleez
09-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Great job bro

Keith
09-10-2007, 07:25 PM
Thanks, dude.

BFGUITAR
09-10-2007, 07:41 PM
Lookin good!
Ive got a long way until I get decent arms.

Keith
09-11-2007, 09:14 AM
Lookin good!
Ive got a long way until I get decent arms.

Thank you. As do I, though. They're at a measly 14.5. They look decent in certain poses but from a relaxed front view, they're pathetic. I have no thickness to my arms, it's all peak.

Keith
09-11-2007, 12:32 PM
Anyone have any recommendations/comments towards my plan for the year at all?

Vapour Trails
09-11-2007, 01:01 PM
And you said you total is 740, how?

Keith
09-11-2007, 01:23 PM
Lol, I'm assuming you think it would be a whole lot more?

I've never been a strong guy. I've always have been the smallest/weakest guy around. At least I've brought up my size, though.

Herandi
09-11-2007, 01:46 PM
And you said you total is 740, how?

thats what im wondering as well, i'm hoping to be at 780 total by nov and you're much bigger than me, at least you look strong lol. Have your lifts plateaued?

Plan: Very slow bulk and hope not to go beyond 12-13% bf. I find no reason to go beyond that. Following a basic Westside template (not the one that I posted) and train purely for strength for 6 months, depending on how I feel about the program and where it takes me I may cut it short. From there switch over to a bodybuilding routine for 3 months then starting the UD 2.0 and finally get shredded. I really hope to get down to sub 8% at the end of it. We'll see how things go...

slow bulking is the way to go IMO. You have some decent size on you so strength training could be a good way to go, 'train for strength and size will come' is what i've always heard. What weight do you want to start/end your cut at keith?

Keith
09-12-2007, 09:49 AM
thats what im wondering as well, i'm hoping to be at 780 total by nov and you're much bigger than me, at least you look strong lol. Have your lifts plateaued?
slow bulking is the way to go IMO. You have some decent size on you so strength training could be a good way to go, 'train for strength and size will come' is what i've always heard. What weight do you want to start/end your cut at keith?

As I said before, I've never been a very strong person at all. I wouldn't consider that they've 'plateaued' per se, but they have been quite hard to increase. The point is though, as much as I don't care about strength and doing this all purely for size + aesthetics, I wouldn't mind having some strength to back it up. And I think if I have the strength, it will be easier to put on size in the long run.

I will start my cut around may/june but it will totally depend on how I look in the mirror and how my bulk goes. May start earlier, or later. I'll end it when I'm 8% bf. I think if I were any lower then that, I would just look too small. Agreed?

ray34iyf
09-12-2007, 11:55 AM
Holy **** dude. You've made tons of progress since I saw your last pics. Keep it up. Oh, and look forward to doing UD 2.0. It's not that hard and it gets you shredded quick!

Keith
09-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Holy **** dude. You've made tons of progress since I saw your last pics. Keep it up. Oh, and look forward to doing UD 2.0. It's not that hard and it gets you shredded quick!

Thanks bro, that means a lot. I'm kind of surprised from all the positive comments about how much progress I've made. My weight hasn't fluctuated that much, but I did bring my BF down and somehow able to put on some muscle during the cut. I thought the majority of comments would be about my plan for the year. But hey, any comments are appreciated.

That's actually the thing I'm looking forward to the most in the next year. I wonder how lean I can get...

Killa Kurt
11-07-2007, 06:53 PM
It's tough with my social life. If it were up to me, I would literally lift, eat, sleep, repeat. But I would slowly lose contact with my buddies. I wish there were people in my area as passionate as I am about bodybuilding, but I can only do so much with what I have.

Discipline Dedication and Determination.

You've got to sacrifice fun sometimes. There has to be some people passionate in your area. You're not looking hard enough.

BTW it is up to you, it's not up to anyone else.

Keith
11-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Discipline Dedication and Determination.

You've got to sacrifice fun sometimes. There has to be some people passionate in your area. You're not looking hard enough.

BTW it is up to you, it's not up to anyone else.

Looking hard enough? My city isn't that big. And where would I meet these people, at a bar? I understand what you're saying, but seriously, I know a lot of people who are some what interested in this lifestyle but simply cannot devote their time and don't have the dedication it takes to what I would love to put into it. It's damn hard, dude, to get by and still keep close friendships where I live if I want to stand out from everyone else.

Detard
11-07-2007, 09:12 PM
You could try visiting a bunch of different gyms in your area a couple times a week (I know this could get expensive but its for a good cause) to try to meet some of the bigger guy's at the gyms and possibly find out if they're interested in a new training partner.

Detard
11-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Oh and BTW, you coming down for the Toronto meet in December?

WORLD
11-07-2007, 09:57 PM

we're planning on coming down for sure Detard

Keith
11-07-2007, 10:46 PM
You could try visiting a bunch of different gyms in your area a couple times a week (I know this could get expensive but its for a good cause) to try to meet some of the bigger guy's at the gyms and possibly find out if they're interested in a new training partner.

Uhh, don't say that too loud, my training partner is the one above this. I would just like to have some buddies that have as big of a passion as I do and I think you're right, I'll only find that at a gym. I'm thinking of joining a gym for a short period of time soon just to switch things up a little from my basement. But yeah, thanks for the idea.

Without question, I'm there. I plan on bringing a few people as well, but that's still up in the air. Last I checked, there was no set date, just somewhere nearing the end of December...

we're planning on coming down for sure Detard

Yeah buddayyyy!

lakeripple
11-08-2007, 02:06 AM
Your shoulders are looking really good. You're about the same height as me with 5 or so lbs on me, cool comparison though.