PDA

View Full Version : I am so fat that Richard Simmons said there is no help

MrBulknCut
09-07-2007, 11:49 PM
Here is the deal, I joined because I need to lose weight period. I used the name Mr BulkNCut because it sounded cool, but in reality I am a huge man who is going to eat himself to death soon and I figured who would know better than BB's to help me lose weight.

I am 6'4 385lbs and need help ASAP. I was just diagnosed with MS and was told that I would need the help of a cane soon and I want to do what I can to help me when this time comes. I am desperate and begging for some info before I have a massive MI while I type this. Please help

LouPac
09-07-2007, 11:57 PM
Built's got a lot of great information on her blog site http://builtblog.wikidbody.com/

Read everything you can on there and also read the sticky's on this site as well as some of the threads on training and diet.

Built
09-08-2007, 12:39 AM
Loupac beat me to it - welcome, and good luck.

RedSpikeyThing
09-08-2007, 08:06 AM
You need to start somewhere and this is a great place to do so. Congrats on taking the first step.

BFGUITAR
09-08-2007, 08:47 AM
I would suggest getting half a year at least of weight lifting and diet experience and than try a PSMF. You can use the search to learn more about it. Its too extreme at this point for you, but it will be an asset at one point.

Also, be ready for quite a bit of loose skin.

KingWilder
09-08-2007, 09:02 AM
make sure anything you plan to do is cleared by your doctor. I'm guessing if you're that overweight you've got some other health issues that could put you at risk? Start slow (eating properly and with less calories, walking everyday) and then add in resistance training, etc.

welcome and good luck

Cards
09-08-2007, 09:22 AM
I will start by saying this up front, I have never been large - never had an uncontrolable urge to eat - so with that being said take what I have to say how ever you want! I say this because lots of people say "Oh it's so easy to lose weight, but I can't imagin it is" and I know it's not.

Start by cleaning up the diet what ever way you can. I suggest startig off slow and workin your body into it. Start with maybe 500-800 (Maybe this should be more of less I'm not sure but at 500 per day that's .5 lbs a week) calories per day off your normal diet. I would suggest using www.fitday.com or some other method of counting calories and EVERYONE in here will tell you that inorder to track what you eat and lose weight you SHOULD track your calories. Again just a suggestion.

Start a Journal or keep track of what you are doing day to day. ( Exercise wise) Start adding basic exercises and beginning small to get the basic movement or add some type of cardio. I feel like in your situation any type of exercises will be benefical on some type of level. Find what you enjoy, any exercise routine - any running routine and build from there. From this point on, anything you do to your body in a productive matter can't hurt unless other physical conditions allow. Check with your doctor, see if everything ok.

Again, this is just my opinion I'm sure many other people have their own BUT if someone in my family had to do or deal with what you're dealing with this is what I would probably recommend.
Good luck man! Everyone on this site is here for support

KingJustin
09-08-2007, 09:27 AM
I would shoot for 3400 to 4000 calories/day. Walk or use the elliptical for as long as you can as often as you can (within reason).

Make sure you don't use being embarrassed as an excuse to not do something. There's plenty of overweight people in gyms, and nobody thinks anything bad of it. Everybody is at different levels.

Good luck.

RedSpikeyThing
09-08-2007, 10:04 AM
I would shoot for 3400 to 4000 calories/day. Walk or use the elliptical for as long as you can as often as you can (within reason).

Make sure you don't use being embarrassed as an excuse to not do something. There's plenty of overweight people in gyms, and nobody thinks anything bad of it. Everybody is at different levels.

Good luck.

a) you don't know how much he eats, so why are you picking an arbitrary number?

b) He has MS and will be walking with a cane. Perhaps a treadmill wouldn't be such a good idea?

Adam
09-08-2007, 11:24 AM
make sure anything you plan to do is cleared by your doctor. I'm guessing if you're that overweight you've got some other health issues that could put you at risk? Start slow (eating properly and with less calories, walking everyday) and then add in resistance training, etc.

welcome and good luck

Best advice here.

Get medical clearance before starting ANY Dieting or strength/conditioning programs.

MrBulknCut
09-10-2007, 10:56 AM
Well here is the odd thing, you would think by looking at me that I eat like a pig all day. It is more like I got to this point and now I just stay the same weight. The odd part is that alot of people don't believe how heavy I am because I am broad and carry my weight in my stomach. With being told that I have MS and I have knee problems as it is ( two knee surgeries and broke my back once) that I need to lose weight and strengthening my legs as soon as I can. Plus with the MS I cant get Gastric Bypass.

Normal day of eating:

Breakfast: I normally don't eat any unless I go to Tim Hortons ( a coffee shop) and then I get a large Coffee ( Triple, Triple). Now Sunday's is a family day for breakfast so I normally have 2 or 3 scrambled eggs with Hot Sauce, toast or bagels, Bacon or scrapple, and some kind of fruit

Lunch: normally I have a bagel with PB and Honey or a Ham and Cheese sandwich

Dinner: This can vary from day to day, one day it could be subs or pizza, maybe a trip to Skyline Chili for a 5 way, or it might be a good meal like baked Talipia( flavored with Mrs Dash), Peas & Carrots, brown rice

Now I do drink about 6-7 24 oz Mt Dews a day and for snacks it is usually a preztles or cheese curls, beef jerkey etc..

monkeyarms
09-10-2007, 11:03 AM
Now I do drink about 6-7 24 oz Mt Dews a day....
:eek:

7 24 oz mountain dews add up to around 2300 calories....That would obviously be the first thing that needs to go.

Jordanbcool
09-10-2007, 11:20 AM
:eek:

7 24 oz mountain dews add up to around 2300 calories....That would obviously be the first thing that needs to go.

Yea. No offense but your diet is out of control and quite terrible. Looks like its totally devoid of even the most basic nutritional requirements so its no surprise at your weight.

I would purchase the rapid fat loss handbook by lyle Mcdonald. It can be found here. www.bodyrecomposition.com I used it myself many times and it helped me go from 210 at 30-32% (when I first started) to a much healthier bodyfat (now in the mid teens 13-15%).

The book will not only help set up a good diet for you but will give you basic advice and reasons why people become overweight. Even if you don't follow the diet, the information it contains is invaluable.

Good luck.

Decker87
09-10-2007, 11:43 AM
Beef jerky is good but that pop will kill you.
Which do you value more, Mountain Dew or your life?

smokinHawk
09-10-2007, 12:37 PM
ya that diet is horrible, you might need to consult a doctor or do allot of researching on some decent foods.
I would immediately drop out coffee and pop, drink water, lots of it instead, that will help quite a bit.

A friend of mine dropped around 150lbs in a year time with just cleaning up his diet and reducing his intake, so if he can do it i think you could easily to.

growthrep
09-10-2007, 01:21 PM
Switch to diet cola (calorie free). Read Built's links. Lift heavy 3 days a week. Walk every day. Once you can jog, start doing so regulalry. Focus on protein and raw veggies. Eat TONS of raw veggies. Whenever you are starving, stuff your face with raw brococli, carrots, lettuce, onions and use a calorie free dressing to wash it down. I used to get the triple triple, now I get a double skim milk with calorie free sweetener.

Make these small changes gradually and they will add up. You can do it!

cujo1
09-14-2007, 07:41 PM
dude above me is right diet coke has 2 cals per 500ml and no sugar carbs or anything so its good stuff :thumbup: cut out the cheetos and stuff and eat mainly good foods read what a bodybuilder eats. Heck i can relate diet wise fortunately for me ive never been heavy only a little chubby which you cant even see unless i take my top off. Any who my diet like yours sucked. And i made big changes and im loosing weight like a pound a week. I mainly eat now chicken breasts, egg whites, natty pb, cottage cheese low fat, semi skinned milk and optimum protein. This is all my diet consists off and oatmeal.

KingJustin
09-14-2007, 08:16 PM
a) you don't know how much he eats, so why are you picking an arbitrary number?

b) He has MS and will be walking with a cane. Perhaps a treadmill wouldn't be such a good idea?

10-12x BW.

I said elliptical ... I don't know, maybe he can't use that. Bike? Rowing machine? Whatever, just do something to get the blood flowing.

To the op:
It seems like your metabolism is ****ty. Eat more frequently. Eat good foods. Consult your doctor, and if he OK's it, exercise more.

Alex.V
09-14-2007, 09:10 PM
Yea. No offense but your diet is out of control and quite terrible. Looks like its totally devoid of even the most basic nutritional requirements so its no surprise at your weight.

OMG! Eggs, fruit, PB, bread, tilapia, brown rice!

You're right. He's going to die. Like by the time I hit enter.

Alex.V
09-14-2007, 09:12 PM
oops he's dead.

Alex.V
09-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Ok, I do apologize for being flippant. But honestly, gentlemen, if your only advice is going to be ctrl-v'd from the "newbie diet" template, then don't waste anybody's time.

-3400-4000 calories is not going to help him. This is likely entirely too many calories for his LBM.

-Multiple meals will do nothing to speed up his metabolism.

-Easiest thing to do is, like indicated, cut the mountain dew. The sugar is likely what's screwing with you the worst. I know diet can taste like crap if you're used to regular, so go 50/50 at first.

-I agree with growthrep. Start slow, start with walking and lifting. Progress to jogging if you can.

The WORST thing you can do now is something absurdly drastic. Start with the small changes, get a doc's blessing before you start ramping up the activity level too high, and start with the small changes.

cujo1
09-14-2007, 10:14 PM
3400-4000 calories is not going to help him. This is likely entirely too many calories for his LBM.

i didnt know cals were dependant on lean body mass. Also if the guy weights 385+ im sure he eats alot more cals so if he cuts down to this wont he loose weight. I think he should track his maintainance first though. But even before that see a doctor.

KingJustin
09-14-2007, 11:04 PM
I thought 3400 - 3800 calories, eating good foods would be a solid start because a lot of people might try super-crash diets that **** with metabolism. If he starts here and isn't losing weight, then he can decrease calories. Some kind of exercising regularly would obviously be great.

MrBulknCut
09-14-2007, 11:55 PM
Right now I am in the process of reading and getting good information. I am looking at a diet change with more chicken breasts, Fish, and less carbs. Today for every 24 oz Mt Dew I drank I drank 24 ozs of water with the goal being that the water will replace the Dew. I did not do too much exercise as I had a bad leg muscle day and had to use my cane, so I just used my kettlebell and did a upper body workout. Also I have Hypogonadism ( along with many other health issues) so today was my weekly T shot.

LouPac
09-15-2007, 12:58 AM
Geez man, how many Mt Dews did you drink? You should be drinking nothing but water.

MrBulknCut
09-15-2007, 01:20 AM
Geez man, how many Mt Dews did you drink? You should be drinking nothing but water.

6-7 24 ozs plastic bottles a day

LouPac
09-15-2007, 01:21 AM
6-7 24 ozs plastic bottles a day

And you don't somehow think this is bad for you?

LouPac
09-15-2007, 01:28 AM
6-7 24oz bottles equates to 1980-2310 calories and 558-651 carbs. Think about it man! You want to lose weight and you're ingesting all these calories just from your drinks! You were also just diagnosed with MS and you continue to take crap into your body? Listen, many people here will gladly help you as much as they can, but please do not waste our time giving us a sob story if you're not going to be serious about your health.

MrBulknCut
09-15-2007, 07:42 AM
6-7 24oz bottles equates to 1980-2310 calories and 558-651 carbs. Think about it man! You want to lose weight and you're ingesting all these calories just from your drinks! You were also just diagnosed with MS and you continue to take crap into your body? Listen, many people here will gladly help you as much as they can, but please do not waste our time giving us a sob story if you're not going to be serious about your health.

well I was not giving a sob story, I asked for advice. Most people gave me sound advice and if you go to the journals you will see that I am cutting out the Mt Dew. I did not come here to "waste" anyones time but to get advice. Here was a post in this thread if you would of cared to read it

"Right now I am in the process of reading and getting good information. I am looking at a diet change with more chicken breasts, Fish, and less carbs. Today for every 24 oz Mt Dew I drank I drank 24 ozs of water with the goal being that the water will replace the Dew. I did not do too much exercise as I had a bad leg muscle day and had to use my cane, so I just used my kettlebell and did a upper body workout. Also I have Hypogonadism ( along with many other health issues) so today was my weekly T shot."

Ramstein85
09-15-2007, 08:03 AM
first step is to join www.fitday.com and count the calories. To lose weight you gotta eat less than you need for maintenance. Now i don't know exactly how many calories you intake everyday, but as everybody said stop the fizzy drinks, drink water. If you're tired of water during a meal, buy some no sugar squash and add it to, well you guessed it WATER. Calculate how much you would eat normally using fitday first and post the result here

Alex.V
09-15-2007, 08:35 AM
Excellent. Great, guys, like I said, everybody make sure to post the same damn things.

Don't add anything useful or original! Don't read anybody else's posts!

RedSpikeyThing
09-15-2007, 09:01 AM
Right now I am in the process of reading and getting good information. I am looking at a diet change with more chicken breasts, Fish, and less carbs. Today for every 24 oz Mt Dew I drank I drank 24 ozs of water with the goal being that the water will replace the Dew. I did not do too much exercise as I had a bad leg muscle day and had to use my cane, so I just used my kettlebell and did a upper body workout. Also I have Hypogonadism ( along with many other health issues) so today was my weekly T shot.

Sounds like your off to a good start. I'm glad to hear you're not finding excuses to get out of exercising. Have you considered a hand powered bike for cardio? It may fit your needs better.

MrBulknCut
09-15-2007, 09:07 AM
Sounds like your off to a good start. I'm glad to hear you're not finding excuses to get out of exercising. Have you considered a hand powered bike for cardio? It may fit your needs better.

NO because I know that in a couple of years I will need to use my cane or a powered bike all the time, so I try to do as much without now. I was told if you "think bad, bad is what you get" so I am trying to think positive and if I use my cane when I dont need it then I might become too reliant on it and become lazy

RedSpikeyThing
09-15-2007, 09:12 AM
NO because I know that in a couple of years I will need to use my cane or a powered bike all the time, so I try to do as much without now. I was told if you "think bad, bad is what you get" so I am trying to think positive and if I use my cane when I dont need it then I might become too reliant on it and become lazy
I like your attitude :)
That's not what I meant. It's a piece of gym equipment that may help you out on your bad days.
http://www.com.msu.edu/pmr/Sports_med_hand_bike.jpg

AiCPearlJamWeen
09-15-2007, 10:01 AM
I'm a younger guy (18) and just a mon th ago I was 266 (a sudden weight gain because of lifting a lot and not doing cardio) and I've gotten my self down to 254 because of mostly cutting out or if I have a really bad craving eating a tiny bit of sugar.

Believe me, I was scared of eating a diet because everyone I know talks about how hard it is. But you need to realize that after the first week and a half it gets easier and easier.

Last summer all I would eat for lunch and dinner was McDonalds $1 menu. Then This past summer I made a vow to cut out fast food. The last time I ate fast food was maybe the beginning of June when I had one McChicken. And now you know how usually people go "Oh that smells so good, lets go" when passing by a McDonalds or fast food place. Well I have completly rid myself of any fast food cravings. It's strange but awesome. It only gets easier buddy. Hang in their and in no time you should be in the 200's.

Just don't eat any excess sugars (from cake, brownies or cookies) and try your damnedest to CHECK THE NUTRITION LABELS. I always look at one thing usually and guess what that is..........SUGAR. And please don't make the mistake of buying a bottle of Snapple or Vitamin Water (which I still enjoy maybe once every two weeks) and saying "oh their is only 25g of sugar, your wrong. They do that so people make that mistake. TAKE NOTICE OF THE SERVINGS PER BOTTLE OR PRODUCT. Usually Snapple and Vitamin water carry a 2.5 servings PER BOTTLE, thats right, that tiny bottle has about 75-90g of sugar. Thats alot of fricken sugar. Just be causious,. At first it will be weird checking labels on every product you buy but soon you'll be checking everything out at the supermarket.

Just be cool man and you'll get through. I have hope for you. And if you of eat a piece of cake, don't worry, don't quit. It wont kill your diet and make you gain 10lbs. Just keep with your diet and stay away from it for as long as possible. A little cheat isnt as bad as people make it out to be.

MrBulknCut
09-16-2007, 12:58 AM
Today or I guess by this posting time yesterday was a busy day for me. My Daughter had a CC invitational that I went to so I did a TON of walking. In fact I walked so much that my two toes got blisters which is my fault because I normally wear my Injinji socks but did not today. I am proud that since I was gone all day I made great choices for my fuel which is a lot harder when you are at home and have it made. Once I got home I got my new scale out and my offical weigh in is Sunday morning but I got on it and I was quite upset as I am heavier than thought. I will give official numbers on Sunday.

I do plan on making my meals (fuel) for the week all on Sunday, with the invention of throwaway Tupperware I can make them and just give them a quick zap in the micro or eat cold.

PS My daughter who just started CC this year has sahve almost 4 minutes off her time in the last month. Her first race her time was 20:41 and today she did a 16:34!

MrBulknCut
09-16-2007, 12:59 AM
Thanks for the heads up

MrBulknCut
09-16-2007, 01:00 AM
I like your attitude :)
That's not what I meant. It's a piece of gym equipment that may help you out on your bad days.
http://www.com.msu.edu/pmr/Sports_med_hand_bike.jpg

whoops

Thanks for the heads up

MrBulknCut
09-17-2007, 06:23 PM
Sorry for no updates but my old computer had dies last week ( it was 7 years old) and I was using a friends tower but he needed it back on Sunday so today I went a got a brand new Dell!

Advantages: Went from a 20G HD to a 250G HD, Now can watch and burn DVD's,
processor is 3x faster and I went from 512 MB of RAAM to 2 GB of RAAM

Disadvantage: I can only buy a Dell with Vista

Then on Sunday my wife and I were driving around our new town and found a gym called Total Fitness. I went in just to get a price sheet and this place was just WOW!, I have belonged to Gold's, LA Fitness, ETC and this was just as big and brand new but in this dinky town I live in. So this cute girl comes over and I ask "how much for a membership" and she informs me that you have to take the tour before you talk package prices. So I get my wife to come in and tell her that we have to get the "tour" for the hard sell and not to get too excited because we would never be able to afford this. Long story short it was only a one time $49.00 enrolment fee then $29.00 a month for me and $15.00 a month for my wife. unlimmted tanning was a extra $14.00 a month or $4.00 a session and I figured I dont need to tan because what is the difference betwwen a 400lb tan man or a 400 lb pasty white man.

Advantages: Cheap, fingerprint entry (so membership card), 4 miles away, for every parking space they have a piece of cardio equipment so you dont have to wait, 24 hours

Disadvates: no juice bar, or steam or suanas

So we are working out 6 days a week:

Tue, Thurs,& Sat is 20 minutes of cardio and then one trip around the circuit training

Sun, Wed, & Fri is 60 minutes of just cardio

Mondays off

All workouts start and end on this, I dont know what to call it other than a stretching chair

I have been doing great with my meals and I have switched over to Diet Dew as I make the total switch to just water. The only bad thing in the last two days was this.

Sunday morning I opened up my new scale and did my first official weigh in, I was thinking I would be around 367 I was 397.8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

murray421
09-18-2007, 12:17 AM
If you want to, you can do it, don't worry too much

cujo1
09-18-2007, 11:53 AM
dont worry dude eat healthy and workout. And youll be fine.

AKMass
09-20-2007, 06:28 AM
Awesome, keep up the good work...I bet once the Dew is completely cut out of your diet you'll start noticing huge(relatively) decreases in body weight. Damn sugar!

Unholy
09-20-2007, 06:38 AM
Damn man 400lbs is nuts. Good luck.

Capt. BR Hay
09-21-2007, 11:18 AM
I've been there too my friend (400 lbs @ 6'2, currently 250). It's totally possible to do, and it isn't an insurmountable task. You don't cut a tree down with 1 single stroke, it takes many....

Instead of many bottles of Mountain Dew, maybe have 3/4's as many one week, and then 1/2 that another, ween off. You can't do everything at once, it's too taxing on the body. But if you can have a few small victories in a week (like water over soda or veggies over chips), they'll add up in no time.

Every time you make it into the gym, that's a victory too. Stay the course my friend, and you'll do great.

Take care,

B.

MrBulknCut
09-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Last two days have been really good for me, the only problem I had was that I got a big blister on my foot. I guess I should know better than to hit the ground running (sorry for the pun) but to ease back into a workout routine. I mean my body went from a workout being the fact that the fast food drive thru was broke and I had to go inside to doing cardio everyday and lifting every other day.

One thing that I have found is that since I started doing my workout's and eating better that I am doing more things than just watch TV. I just checked my TIVO and my there are a ton of things on the hard drive that I just dont have time to watch.

Anyhow food(fuel) intake has been really on the spot, and yesterday I only drank 1 Mt Dew. I had blood drawn today to get a CBC, Metabolic Panel, Glucose, Cholesterol, Thyroid, and my T levels so I know where I am at.

Well I go to go burn a safety pin to pop my blister and take my shot... will post this weekend.

Teutates
09-21-2007, 01:22 PM
I'm glad for you! I love hearing about how overweight* people get into strength training or weight lifting and lose BF and gain fitness. I guess I am bored of all the stories (no less dramatic or impressive, of course) about 150lb sticks putting on 40lbs of muscle.

*probably because I am currently 30lbs overweight

AKMass
09-21-2007, 02:13 PM
Yeah I agree with the above post, even though I'm a stick tryin to put on weight. For some reason I'm finding that this is the only journal I really want to read.
Anyway, MrBulknCut, it sounds like you're making good progress...My best wishes are with you. :D

Questor
09-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Hey man, just stop drinking pop and drink water instead.

Just stop drinking pop and drink water.

I don't know exactly what else to say, because like Belial said, cookie cutter pastes from newbie diet suggestions may not apply exactly right for you.

I can tell you this though, of all the people here, Belial is the one you should be listening to.

And you should also listen to anyone who tells you to stop drinking pop and replace it with water.

Black coffee is also fine, IMHO. No calories and it speeds up your metabolism a small amount. But if you drink a cup of coffee, drink a cup of water with it.

MrBulknCut
09-21-2007, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the support, I have this same journal on here in the journal section but I seem to get more reads and replies in this section

MrBulknCut
09-21-2007, 11:46 PM
Damn man 400lbs is nuts. Good luck.

397!

Organichu
09-22-2007, 12:18 AM
My advice at this juncture is for you to check out some forums that have dramatic transformations or detailed logs of fat loss. I know that resources like that helped me far, far more than people telling me what to eat. When I started (as a complete tub of lard) people told me to go to Fitday and my first thought was "**** you, I'm a fat ass. That **** won't help me".

So my suggestion is to reinforce your fortitude with success stories. I'll start with mine: 3 years ago I was a 16 year old kid weighing over 270 lbs gaining 5-10 lbs a month. At the rate I was going, my doctor warned me that as a 16 year old kid my life was already 33-40% done. How jarring is that, honestly? I was still a teenage virgin and I was almost at my midlife crisis.

I solved the problem. It doesn't really matter how I did it (reasonably at times- at other times eating fewer than 1,000 calories a day), because the fact is that I did it. Against all odds and in the face of coworkers, peers, and family that thought fat people stayed fat, I lost weight. Last month, slightly less than 3 years later, I ran a marathon in under 3.5 hours. I now weigh 183 lbs.

And trust me, I am not exceptional in this. You can do it. At your weight, just start in a manner that makes you comfortable (I think the half soda half water idea is a great one) and clear it with your doctor. Any step is a major step right now.

MrBulknCut
09-23-2007, 06:47 PM
Not a bad weekend, I think I need to switch our day off from the gym from Monday's to Sunday's. Sunday's for me is so packed from Church, family events, and we always watch a movie as a family on Sundays. I know that my gym is 24 hours but I think it will be just easier to do it this way.

I did break and drank two Mt Dews today because I am weak... other than that all things are good except for some pangs of hunger.

HP666
09-24-2007, 01:32 PM
I did break and drank two Mt Dews today because I am weak... other than that all things are good except for some pangs of hunger.

Did you know that DIET Mt Dew tastes just like regular. Get some.

jeffh
09-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Yeah man, definitely switch to Diet, it will make a TON of difference and in a week or two diet will taste great and regular will taste awful. Make that your first switch, it's an easy one.

Questor
09-24-2007, 03:10 PM
Water > diet soda

Teutates
09-24-2007, 03:17 PM
Water > diet soda

I'm fairly sure he knows that, but diet soda > regular soda, and if he is going to be weak, better to be weak and select the better choice.

AKMass
09-25-2007, 06:11 AM
Ok I think we've done the "what to drink" thing to death...:nod: Moving on.

MrBulknCut
09-25-2007, 04:23 PM
Last two days have been upside down for me, some big time personal issues that I wont bore anyone with. Anyhow even with driving around the last two days I was still able to come close to sticking to my food plan. I ate a lot of Subway Veggie Delight subs. Anyhow I am going back to the gym on Wednesday, I was thinking of going tonight since my gym is 24 hours and I am a night owl but I was told that working out late at night is bad for you.

Side note on Monday night I got home and reached into the fridge and grabbed a cold chicken breast that I had cooked the week before ( I try to cook a weeks meal at a time) and this piece was so dry that I took a bite and about chocked to death.

Down to 1 Mt Dew a day and trying to drink 1 gallon of water a day.

BigGirlscry
09-25-2007, 05:27 PM
I had a shake for dinner so far tonight and I sooooooo want to eat something else, but I need to stay strong!!! Ahhhhhh.

RinkerxX
09-25-2007, 06:12 PM
that much mnt dew? thats insane lol how do you not get sick of drinking it?

I read somewhere once that you can drink 150 cans of diet pop for every 1 can of regular soda.

Questor
09-25-2007, 09:36 PM
There's no problem with working out late at night IMHO. Some of the most ripped guys work out late at night. Hatred works out pretty late, I believe.

dscarth
09-26-2007, 08:37 AM
Side note on Monday night I got home and reached into the fridge and grabbed a cold chicken breast that I had cooked the week before ( I try to cook a weeks meal at a time) and this piece was so dry that I took a bite and about chocked to death.

Down to 1 Mt Dew a day and trying to drink 1 gallon of water a day.

Brine your chicken before cooking, and wrap it good when you store it (ziploc bag), dont just put it on a plate and cover it with a napkin :-P. If the chicken is still dry after that, I dunno what to say.

Good to hear you are trying to still eat healthy even when under stress.

Teutates
09-26-2007, 08:58 AM
I used to work out "late at night" back when I was ripped. It wasn't really late night, but I worked 3rd shift and went to the gym at 7:30 in the morning, right before I went to bed. Worked just fine for me. Took a protein shake right after I worked out (which was right before bed) and I think my gains were so good because I didn't do anything right after my workout and my body had the whole night to recover, build muscles and replenish glycogen stores.

SpartanStrength
09-27-2007, 09:35 PM
the 6 to 7 mountain dews is adding over 1000 calories to ur diet daily... def cut back on that, drink diet, or even better, try to get into the habit of drinking water

Teutates
09-28-2007, 09:55 AM
Sigh. Did you even read the thread before offering advice? Not trying to be rude, but 50 people coming in and saying the same thing is kind of redundant.

Alex.V
09-28-2007, 01:16 PM
the 6 to 7 mountain dews is adding over 1000 calories to ur diet daily... def cut back on that, drink diet, or even better, try to get into the habit of drinking water

Gold star!

MrBulknCut
09-28-2007, 06:27 PM
Last two days have been hectic, my wife's best friend is 8 months pregnant and her BP went to 155/102 and on Thursday they admitted her to the Hospital. Today they got it under control and decided to help nature along and induce labor. So the least two days have been me driving between the Hospital, my house, her house and everywhere in between.

Anyhow I did manage two things, one was to eat clean, but not as many meals as I had been use to so I am hungry. Also I did make it to the gym on both days but I was tired so I did a hour of cardio each day instead of lifting.

pwrliftersgirl
09-28-2007, 06:45 PM
OK, why can't ppl see that carbs turn to sugar? The calories you NEED.

I have an aunt with MS and once she cut out/mostly cut out her carbs she lost weight.

Make sure that you also make sure that your DR isn't putting you on some med that is going to co-inside with other meds that you are taking. MY aunt didn't do this and it made her WORSE! To where she couldn't walk (she was in a wheel chair,) lost her hair, weight and was completely miserable!

Do your research! Cut out 90% of the carbs and you will lose the weight, I'm tellin you! It worked for me (and I've had 2 kids.) But once hubby and I got together and he told me what to do the weight literally DROPPED off!

BFGUITAR
09-28-2007, 06:46 PM
I would say the mountain dew is the problem :P
Keep fighting the good fight! Things take time and patience.

MrBulknCut
09-28-2007, 09:14 PM
I would say the mountain dew is the problem :P
Keep fighting the good fight! Things take time and patience.

No Mt Dew today and I drank a gallon of water

beastmaster
09-28-2007, 09:23 PM
Hi, I've been out of town for a few weeks and just saw this thread. I thought I would give you some encouragement to keep at it. I too was huge, I'm 6'5 and was about 360+ lbs. I just greatly reduced my calories, started walking and hitting the gym. After about a year and a half I now weigh 195. So it is possible to lose the weight. Keep at it ! !

MrBulknCut
09-30-2007, 02:56 PM
Weigh In Day

Start: 398.2

Today: 392.2

Alex.V
09-30-2007, 09:15 PM
Do your research! Cut out 90% of the carbs and you will lose the weight, I'm tellin you! It worked for me (and I've had 2 kids.) But once hubby and I got together and he told me what to do the weight literally DROPPED off!

To the OP: Don't do this.

McIrish
09-30-2007, 09:35 PM
Today or I guess by this posting time yesterday was a busy day for me. My Daughter had a CC invitational that I went to so I did a TON of walking. In fact I walked so much that my two toes got blisters which is my fault because I normally wear my Injinji socks but did not today. I am proud that since I was gone all day I made great choices for my fuel which is a lot harder when you are at home and have it made. Once I got home I got my new scale out and my offical weigh in is Sunday morning but I got on it and I was quite upset as I am heavier than thought. I will give official numbers on Sunday.

I do plan on making my meals (fuel) for the week all on Sunday, with the invention of throwaway Tupperware I can make them and just give them a quick zap in the micro or eat cold.

PS My daughter who just started CC this year has sahve almost 4 minutes off her time in the last month. Her first race her time was 20:41 and today she did a 16:34!

Just a thought - don't use the tupperware in the microwave. Studies show that microwaving those suckers causes the plastic to leech into your food. This could stymie your weight loss (or, heaven forbid, have even worse effects). Throw it on a glass plate first.

BigGirlscry
10-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Welcome and congratulations on joining... Now... you need to start eating healthy.. I'd say stop drinking soda and just drink water instead and you will take off maybe five pounds... the next thing you need to do is start working out... Try doing some cardio... Weight loss and fat loss are two of the most visible results of a regular cardio workout... check our findyourdetour.com for some really great exercise tips.. good luck!

buildmeup
10-02-2007, 10:49 AM
Just a thought - don't use the tupperware in the microwave. Studies show that microwaving those suckers causes the plastic to leech into your food. This could stymie your weight loss (or, heaven forbid, have even worse effects). Throw it on a glass plate first.
I have heard this too so I'd say you when you warm up your foods take them out of the Tupperware and and put them on a plate or something them warm them up...

MrBulknCut
10-02-2007, 09:26 PM
I know that I should update this each day but things have been going so well with the diet and exercise that I really nothing to add without repeating myself.

MrBulknCut
10-02-2007, 09:39 PM

I eat my chicken cold, I just store a few days worth in those Glad inexpensive containers.

MrBulknCut
10-02-2007, 09:40 PM
that much mnt dew? thats insane lol how do you not get sick of drinking it?

I read somewhere once that you can drink 150 cans of diet pop for every 1 can of regular soda.

Well I have gone two days straight now without a single soda and I have drank a gallon of water each day!

MrBulknCut
10-02-2007, 09:49 PM
Thinking of adding a real workout at the gym instead of the Nataulis circuit. Thinking of doing http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=314

MrBulknCut
10-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Weigh In Day

Today: 392.2

Correction I wrote this wrong

Today: 390.8

MrBulknCut
10-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Did 60 minutes of Cardio, I had a appointment with my Neurologist today and he ordered Blood work, a EEG, EMG, and a Spinal Tap... needles to say I was not happy with him

AKMass
10-05-2007, 08:26 AM

Awesome progress!!!

killxswitch
10-05-2007, 08:43 AM

Good job! You definitely seem like you know what you need to do. Just keep at it! My dad was in a similar situation (6'1", 340 lbs) and did many of the things you're doing (cut out soda, committed to daily exercise, changed his diet and stuck with it) and is down to 230 after a bit over a year. You're actually doing a lot of exercise comparatively. Just stick to your commitment and your weight will drop like a rock.

MrBulknCut
10-06-2007, 07:30 PM
I was gone all day and I had to eat "out" today and I cracked at Lunch and dinner. For lunch I had this Honey Mustard Chicken Crunch Bread Bowl salad at Perkins

And for dinner I ate a bowl of White Bean Chicken Chili... I am so mad at myself!

Organichu
10-06-2007, 07:44 PM
I am so mad at myself!

It took many years to get this fat. The reverse journey will be almost as difficult and longlasting. One slip does not a failure make. Keep pushing.

MrBulknCut
10-06-2007, 10:32 PM
It took many years to get this fat. The reverse journey will be almost as difficult and longlasting. One slip does not a failure make. Keep pushing.

Thanks it is just that I weigh in on Sundays so I screwed up the day before a weigh in. BTW why did my post count drop? I mean I only had like 25 but now I cant post links in my journal.

Organichu
10-07-2007, 09:48 AM
Thanks it is just that I weigh in on Sundays so I screwed up the day before a weigh in. BTW why did my post count drop? I mean I only had like 25 but now I cant post links in my journal.

The forum doesn't allow posts made in the 'community' section (post your pictures, journal, general chat, etc.) to count towards your post count.

POWERLIFTER87
10-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Great progress so far.

MrBulknCut
10-07-2007, 04:59 PM
Weigh In day :eek:

Last Week: 390.8

Today: 389.2

OK I am pissed! I dont know where I went wrong other then the slip up on Saturday. I am down 2 pant sizes, but 1 freaking pound? I guess I need to really concentrate on my diet even more. I am just so mad right now.

redFury
10-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Weigh In day :eek:

Last Week: 390.8

Today: 389.2

OK I am pissed! I dont know where I went wrong other then the slip up on Saturday. I am down 2 pant sizes, but 1 freaking pound? I guess I need to really concentrate on my diet even more. I am just so mad right now.

Don't get too hung up on the weighin results... work hard this week on your diet and cardio/routine and hit a big number next time. you can and will do it man!

MrBulknCut
10-09-2007, 11:03 PM
So far back on track, I know that this is a odd way of measuring my weight loss but today I had another MRI. I get about 3 a year so I am use to them, but normally it takes a long time because they have to squeeze me in the machine. They wont allow me to go to a open MRI because they need a stronger image.

Anyhow today was the first time in 3 years where I fit it the first time with my arms at my side. Normally they are above my head like I was Superman or something.

MrBulknCut
10-15-2007, 05:41 PM
Sorry for no updates as of late but let me tell ya a little story:

Friday: I had to stay awake all night on Thursday because I had to have a ENG and a EMG with my Neuro on Friday. As I was leaving after the tests my Neuro stopped me in the hall and said ( in his doublespeak that my MRI looked good but he wanted a CT scan of my brain. If my MRI looked good why do you need a CT scan... then he says I would really like for you to get it done today. So I have to stay awake until the afternoon until I get the CT scan. Bad part is that I had a allergic reaction to the dye they used.

Sat: Had to get up at 6:30 am to get my daughter ready because she was running in the Greater Western Ohio Conference. We drive to the CC race and after that we took her shopping at the Dayton Mall for winter clothes. FIVE hours later we get to leave the mall

Sun: I try to wake my daughter up for church and she gives me lip, I get mad and say some things. My wife gets up and gets my daughter to get up and then she tells my daughter that she should apologize to me for the things she said. She comes out and tells me that she "does not respect me" and sits down. Words start flying and she tries to go to her room but I try to block her so she would sit down to listen to us. She deceives that she is going to start kicking and punching. She throws some punches and catches me with a left hook ( I have no perhiaphal vision because of my illness) ( sidebar: even thou it was wrong I was proud in a way because I have taught her to box, fight, wrestle, some submission holds etc since she was 7 so I was happy that it sunk it) anyhow it knocks my glasses off and cuts my nose.

She runs into her room and locks her door, my wife goes in and takes back all of the new clothes that we bought her on Saturday and she starts screaming and blocking her from leaving the room. She blocks my wife and starts dropping the F-Bomb, my wife finally had enough and grabs her and moves her from out in the front of the door. my daughter screams at my wife and says " I am going to call the cops!" so my wife tells me to call them. Three cops show up and I am thinking that they will give her the speech of "listen to your parents Yada Yada Yada" but when they see me bleeding THEY press charges and she spends a night in Juvie! I had to go to court this morning to see my baby girl being walked into court in shackles and cuffs. Anyhow she is home and has some punshiments to do. The judge was very mean and told her that she had two counts of domestic violence on her at the age of 13 and that if she ever did it again it would be a felony. She tells her that this is all her fault and that the parents words are the law of the land. She has to write a 1000 page essay on what the difference between a privilege and rights are. I am just sick, all I can see is her in cuffs.. and I begged the officwers not to take her but they would not listen.

MrBulknCut
11-06-2007, 08:17 PM
OK I have got around to quit feeling sorry for myself and accept what is going on and do the best I can. The Cliff Note version is that I have a mass which is at the base of my skull right near my optic nerve and the pituitary gland. I have a Neurosurgeon and a Neuro Ophthalmologist talking with each other on what to do. My blood work is out of control and my Glucose is 124 so know I have to go ON a 1800 calorie a day diabetic diet until things calm down. So I am back, and taking it day by day.

AKMass
11-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Keep the updates commin....Hang in there!

MrBulknCut
11-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Weigh In Day

Today: 382.6

Cirino83
11-26-2007, 12:35 PM
awesome progress so far. keep at it.

borracho
11-26-2007, 01:44 PM
nice progress! give yerself a good game!

MrBulknCut
11-26-2007, 03:38 PM
I will be happy when I start see the 200's

mistergalarza
04-03-2008, 08:01 AM
I will be happy when I start see the 200's

I am curious, does anyone know what happened to this journal/person?

dscarth
05-01-2008, 01:40 AM
I am curious, does anyone know what happened to this journal/person?

I hope he's alright. I googled his name and it looks like he stopped posting at all forums he used that handle on around the same time late 07.

MrBulknCut
03-11-2009, 09:54 PM
I hope he's alright. I googled his name and it looks like he stopped posting at all forums he used that handle on around the same time late 07.

Im back my illness got really bad and I had to have brain surgery in September. I am healed and ready to try this one last time.