PDA

View Full Version : When cutting you should avoid semi skinned milk it makes you fat????

cujo1
09-09-2007, 08:57 PM
i forgot to mention this for eric before, I know X said that milk has processed sugar, and you mentioned that it doesnt. Another reason to stay away from milk is that the lactose causes insulin spikes, and can leave blood sugar levels unstable

the heck is this true?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
09-09-2007, 09:02 PM
That's a load of utter, ridiculous donkey doo. Please read the stickies on this forum and learn some fun stuff. And perhaps use the search function to look up "insulin". There have been some great discussions on here regarding the matter.

www.whfoods.org is a good site to check out as well.

And whoever you quoted seriously needs to read up on insulin's effects on the body.

Jordanbcool
09-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Drinking skim milk on a cut is beneficial. The calcium in milk has been linked in numerous studies to have a positive effect on fat loss.

So drink up. Skim milk provides a good combination of protein/carbohydrates. If you're that worried about its effects then drink it post workout.

cujo1
09-09-2007, 09:05 PM
i knew it was good for you. I got this trash from www.bodybuilding.net

Keith
09-09-2007, 09:17 PM
I got this trash from www.bodybuilding.net

Not surprised.

Rusty
09-09-2007, 09:27 PM
That's a load of utter, ridiculous donkey doo.

Ha a ha ha ha a ha....... Milk......Udder..... oh god I need some sleep.

The original question has been answered so I have nothing constructive to add to this thread.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
09-09-2007, 09:28 PM
That would be "udder", but thanks for pointing out the irony. :)

growthrep
09-10-2007, 01:23 PM
i knew it was good for you. I got this trash from www.bodybuilding.net

Stay away from that site and you'll save years of frustration. Ask them to ban you if you must. LOL!

1ManRiot
09-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Lactose will cause a large insulin response, but the original quote is too indescript to be true or false.

Milk is fine though, cutting, bulking, whatever, just take it into consideration like any other part of your diet.

Holto
09-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Lactose will cause a large insulin response

Do you mean lactose by itself?

I've never had a significant insulin response from milk.

1ManRiot
09-11-2007, 11:11 AM
Do you mean lactose by itself?
Lactose as part of milk.

I've never had a significant insulin response from milk.
I am not questioning you mate, but how do you know?

Slim Schaedle
09-11-2007, 03:54 PM
Lactose as part of milk.

I am assuming that Holto is referring to the fact that since it (lactose in milk) is paired with other substances (the milk) it makes things a little different from examining the metabolic response from only that of lactose sugar....or, one step further, and that of galactose and glucose.

Bohizzle
09-11-2007, 03:59 PM
I don't need much insulin to keep my blood levels steady after drinking milk. I know this because I am a diabetic. Thread Over! :D lol