PDA

View Full Version : Quick Cutting?

Aslin
09-10-2007, 11:39 AM
I've got a rather fat belly, love handles etc, but the rest of my body is nice and defined. I know most people say it is good to cut maybe 1-2lbs per week, but I was wandering whether it was still possible to cut much more than that, say if i could cut 5lbs per week, while consuming plenty of protein, would i still get the same results?

obviously i would be doing loads of cardio, but i suppose it would be essential to do lots of weights to keep the muscle?

it's just that i really want to work off this belly and dont want to keep it longer than i have to.

monkeyarms
09-10-2007, 11:52 AM
It can be done. What is your weight/height?
The fatter you are the faster you can lose it and the less muscle you will lose while dropping the weight.
Definitely lift hard to retain lbm....
Cardio will speed up the process....
You might want to look at PSMF's....
One thing is for sure--it won't be fun (coming from personal experience).

Jordanbcool
09-10-2007, 11:54 AM
5lbs a week is totally unrealistic unless you're

A) Extremely overweight (which you are not)
B) Taking a ton of illegal drugs and hormones
C) A extremely large individual

There is a diet out there that you can loss fat rapidly but its not easy. Also, no matter how fat or lean you are dieting down to a low bodyfat percentage takes an extreme amount of patience and hard work. I hope you're not looking for an easy way out of dieting.

Also lets make this clear that the OP is probably referring to fat loss and not weight loss. Weight loss of 5lbs a week can be done rather easily. Yet 5lbs of FAT loss a week is completley unrealistic for a variety of reasons.

Aslin
09-10-2007, 12:03 PM
nah i had a massive cut 3 years ago and dropped like 56lbs in 3 months, but i was pretty fat then,

at the moment i'm 6'2 and 196lbs, which i'm happy with, its just that my body doesn't look very defined in places that i haven't put on a tonne of muscle.

i'm not really looking for 5lbs a week, I was just really asking whether it's best to limit your weight loss for the sake of conserving muscle and definition.

My plan is to lose as much weight as possible while consuming at least 200g per day of protein to protect my muscle from being lost..

do ya'll think that will help me get rid of this damn belly!?

Cheers for the replys, appreciated :)

1ManRiot
09-10-2007, 03:03 PM
5lbs a week is totally unrealistic unless you're

A) Extremely overweight (which you are not)
B) Taking a ton of illegal drugs and hormones
C) A extremely large individual

There is a diet out there that you can loss fat rapidly but its not easy. Also, no matter how fat or lean you are dieting down to a low bodyfat percentage takes an extreme amount of patience and hard work. I hope you're not looking for an easy way out of dieting.

Also lets make this clear that the OP is probably referring to fat loss and not weight loss. Weight loss of 5lbs a week can be done rather easily. Yet 5lbs of FAT loss a week is completley unrealistic for a variety of reasons.

Good post, I completely agree.

Jordanbcool
09-11-2007, 07:50 AM
nah i had a massive cut 3 years ago and dropped like 56lbs in 3 months, but i was pretty fat then,

at the moment i'm 6'2 and 196lbs, which i'm happy with, its just that my body doesn't look very defined in places that i haven't put on a tonne of muscle.

i'm not really looking for 5lbs a week, I was just really asking whether it's best to limit your weight loss for the sake of conserving muscle and definition.

My plan is to lose as much weight as possible while consuming at least 200g per day of protein to protect my muscle from being lost..

do ya'll think that will help me get rid of this damn belly!?

Cheers for the replys, appreciated :)

The information you're looking for is in the stickies and posts. Do a search or read one of the WBB articles on weight/fat loss. They are very informative.