PDA

View Full Version : Got a problem here....

DaBizzle
09-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Hey there folks, i kinda got a problem here. Im 22 yrs old, about 6'0 tall, around 175-180 lbs. Although im "normal" body weight, i got a lil gut, and just excess fat around my body. Now ive been training for almost 4 weeks now since i started school. I workout about 5 days a week with cardio. A friend of mine gave me advice to cut my caloric intake to 1600 cals a day to trim the excess fat off. Well ive been doing that, but the weight doesnt seem to change at all. Ive weighed pretty much the same since i started. It could be my diet, but im not sure what i should be eating? high carbs high protein? Lo carbs hi protein? Lo fat? hi fat? I hear so many conflicting things from different people its hard to sort the real stuff from the bull****. Yes i drink the opticen shake after workouts.

Built
09-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Please describe your current workout (split, reps, weights used, cardio type and duration, exercise order)
Also please describe your diet (calories, grams of protein, carb and fat) and how you measure your food.

DaBizzle
09-10-2007, 12:21 PM
well i do have a pe class at school 4 days a week... I currently do about 20-30 mins cardio at school in the morning. When i go to the gym, ill have days i work my arms, and chest. The next day i would do legs, etc. Umm my diet this is probably the main issue. Ive been working to try to fix it but, basically, i would eat some 7 grain flax seed toast from whole foods market in the morning and orange juice before a workout (about 400 calories). Afterwards i would drink my shake. Lunch, i try to eat some lean chicken or salad. Ill have a nonfat yogurt snack a couple hours after lunch, and for dinner, it depends. I dont have a consistent food schedule. Lately at the gym i workout anywhere from 60-90 mins, and i use the elpitcal machine for my cardio workouts. Most of my weightlifting comes at night, so most of the time i drink my shake at nite and not in the morning.

DaBizzle
09-10-2007, 01:51 PM
im curious as to an idea of how many calories i should be eating to burn off fat, i get many numbers thrown around. My friend recommended 1600, but is that too low? I kno 1200 cals is too low an that will be counterproductive, at least thats what ive gathered from reading.

Built
09-10-2007, 01:58 PM
"please describe your diet (calories, grams of protein, carb and fat)"

That's all I want for now.

DaBizzle
09-10-2007, 03:08 PM
right now, mainly i eat 2 pieces of whole wheat toast in the morning with OJ, i ate a chicken sandwich today on the same bread (no may or lettuce on it just chicken and bread), with a glass of OJ. Usually mid-late day ill have a 6 oz cup of nonfat yogurt. Dinner depends, i usually eat some celery sticks with peanut butter on it, or eat more chicken i guess. I also drink quite a bit of water throughout the day as well. And i forgot to add i have either a full or half serving of my opticen shake after my workout.

AiCPearlJamWeen
09-10-2007, 08:16 PM
I have the same problem and found out I needed to cut sugars. But I'm 6'3" and 255 but since cutting my sugars out almost completely I have lost 10 pounds!

DoUgL@S
09-10-2007, 08:29 PM
I have the same problem and found out I needed to cut sugars. But I'm 6'3" and 255 but since cutting my sugars out almost completely I have lost 10 pounds!

If you are cutting out sugars "almost completely" those 10 pounds may just be water weight. This is common for ketogenic/low carb diets. If it's 10 lbs aside from the initial water weight, it is great progress, try to keep from loosing too much each week.

DoUgL@S
09-10-2007, 08:31 PM
right now, mainly i eat 2 pieces of whole wheat toast in the morning with OJ, i ate a chicken sandwich today on the same bread (no may or lettuce on it just chicken and bread), with a glass of OJ. Usually mid-late day ill have a 6 oz cup of nonfat yogurt. Dinner depends, i usually eat some celery sticks with peanut butter on it, or eat more chicken i guess. I also drink quite a bit of water throughout the day as well. And i forgot to add i have either a full or half serving of my opticen shake after my workout.

Please answer built's question. What are your average calories, grams of protein, grams of carbohydrates and grams of fat? This will help us answer the original question.

DaBizzle
09-10-2007, 09:10 PM
i average about 1600-1800, i get about 150g of carbs, about 120g of protein or so, and about 50g of fat total.

DoUgL@S
09-10-2007, 10:43 PM
i average about 1600-1800, i get about 150g of carbs, about 120g of protein or so, and about 50g of fat total.

Your protein and fats seem kind of low to me. You are already eating very little for a 180 lb 22 year old young man. Truthfully you don't need to do cardio for weight loss. Lift heavy to prompt your body to maintain lean muscle mass and manipulate your diet.

What is a little gut, 15% bf or so?

DaBizzle
09-10-2007, 11:56 PM
ive never had a flat stomach in my lfie. I got lil love handles. Id say my BF is prolly close to 18%. i can show u a pic if u like from 2 weeks ago.

Built
09-11-2007, 12:14 AM
Macros please. This part is non-negotiable.

RhodeHouse
09-11-2007, 07:51 AM
Dude, you're not giving these guys any good info about your diet. IMO, at 22, you don't need to worry too much about diet. Based on what you've told us you eat, your diet sucks and it's inconsistent. I bet your workouts aren't very good, either. No offense, but you shouldn't have any trouble being in shape at 22. i know others will disagree with me, but, you're 22. It's easy to be in shape. One thing that no one has mentioned is alcohol consumption. If you're partying, there's your biggest problem.

DaBizzle
09-11-2007, 10:16 AM
i dont drink alcohol anymore.

RhodeHouse
09-11-2007, 10:29 AM
That's good. The rest of my previous post still holds true.

DaBizzle
09-11-2007, 11:02 AM
correct, but i think ive figured out from the posts what i need to adjust in my diet. I need to consume more protein, cut back on carbs a little bit, and try to get more fruits and veggies in my diet. I think once those changes are made ill be golden.

Built
09-11-2007, 11:12 AM
www.fitday.com (http://www.fitday.com)

Enter your food, post up your macros.

wiginator
09-11-2007, 11:49 AM
Please explain macro?

Built
09-11-2007, 11:52 AM
macronutrients. Protein, carb and fat grams, and total calories.

wiginator
09-11-2007, 11:55 AM
thanks sorry to barge in on thread and ask ? and also oj sucks or from my experience in wrestling it is a no no for weight id stick to water bro