PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: metal ipf v-type squatter users

Lones Green
09-11-2007, 09:06 AM
so i'm finally financially stable enough to get a good first squat suit. would this be a good choice for my first one? i hear lots of good things, and i have a wide stance. anyone that has any experience with this suit any input is helpful!!! thanks.

RhodeHouse
09-11-2007, 11:28 AM
Are you gonna lift in a single-ply fed? If not, get a double-ply Metal suit. Metal squat suits are awesome

TommyBoy
09-11-2007, 12:38 PM
Are you gonna lift in a single-ply fed? If not, get a double-ply Metal suit. Metal squat suits are awesome
If you're going single ply, then yes, get the v-type squatter. If you're going double ply, go for the pro squatter. I don't need to explain how good these suits are. If you squat wide, then get this suit! Now!

smokinHawk
09-11-2007, 02:34 PM
so how wide is wide? just wondering

deeder
09-11-2007, 11:13 PM
If you're only using it for squatting get the viking materiel!

Lones Green
09-12-2007, 04:40 AM
If you're only using it for squatting get the viking materiel!

im gonna try and use it for DL's too.

TommyBoy
09-12-2007, 12:59 PM
im gonna try and use it for DL's too.
Careful, it's much more suit than the regular v-type. I couldn't get to the bar with the viking v-type.

deeder
09-12-2007, 05:57 PM
Careful, it's much more suit than the regular v-type. I couldn't get to the bar with the viking v-type.

Have you been in the suit since?

Bako Lifter
09-12-2007, 06:01 PM
When I got my suit I had a RAW squat of ~295. It's been a little over a month and I hit 405 yesterday... probably like my 6th or 7th time in the suit.

And I'm a crappy squater and I don't have any experienced PLers to teach me stuff ;).

Lones Green
09-12-2007, 06:28 PM
i dont think i'm going to go with the viking material for my first suit.

TommyBoy
09-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Have you been in the suit since?
Yeah, did one session since that, and I could get to the bar, but it didn't allow my hips to get down properly. I'd probably pull in it once I work it in a few more times.

When I got my suit I had a RAW squat of ~295. It's been a little over a month and I hit 405 yesterday... probably like my 6th or 7th time in the suit.

And I'm a crappy squater and I don't have any experienced PLers to teach me stuff ;).
Damn fine progress you've made.

i dont think i'm going to go with the viking material for my first suit.
Good call, the regular v-type is still pretty f'n sick.

Lones Green
09-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Yeah, did one session since that, and I could get to the bar, but it didn't allow my hips to get down properly. I'd probably pull in it once I work it in a few more times.

Damn fine progress you've made.

Good call, the regular v-type is still pretty f'n sick.

thanks man, i'll let everyone know how it goes. a review on elitefts said he put 60 lbs on his squat the first time he tried it. not expecting this, but wow. is my best bet for sizing just to call in?

TommyBoy
09-12-2007, 06:36 PM
thanks man, i'll let everyone know how it goes. a review on elitefts said he put 60 lbs on his squat the first time he tried it. not expecting this, but wow. is my best bet for sizing just to call in?
Yeah, call Jim or Matt. They'll get the size right.

minotaur70
09-12-2007, 08:03 PM
I have used this suit- I thought it was really good- stacks of support- although I have heard its not everyones first choice for deadlifting since it can be tough to get into a good start position.

Detard
09-12-2007, 08:55 PM
Yeah, call Jim or Matt. They'll get the size right.

Where could I find Jim or Matts number? If your talking about wendler and his buddy then I guess I could find it on the EFS site.

TommyBoy
09-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Where could I find Jim or Matts number? If your talking about wendler and his buddy then I guess I could find it on the EFS site.
Yeah, Jim Wendler and Matt Bash. Call Elite and you'll more than likely get one of them.

RhodeHouse
09-12-2007, 11:04 PM
I'm pretty sure Matt doesn't work there anymore. Ask for Jim. Tell him RHodes sent you. He'll just make fun of me, but it might get you the right suit. I'm people that knows people.

Lones Green
09-13-2007, 04:42 AM
I'm pretty sure Matt doesn't work there anymore. Ask for Jim. Tell him RHodes sent you. He'll just make fun of me, but it might get you the right suit. I'm people that knows people.

haha will do, just to hear what he says.