PDA

View Full Version : Food tricks for those on a cut

growthrep
09-11-2007, 07:03 PM
I am starting this thread and will add to it as I find more tricks. These tricks are coming in handy. I've gone from 245 lbs to a current 202 and am picking up these helpful hints along the way. If they can make your life easier, so much the better. Feel free to add to the list.

1. Drink 8 glasses of cold water to burn an extra 200 calories.

2. Eat spicy food to raise metabolism for 3 hours (use hot sauce on almost all hot meals).

3. Drink green tea to raise metabolism.

4. Eat raw veggies to fill up and not blow caloric allowance for the day. Raw veggies like spinach, lettuce, carrots, cauliflower, celery, radishes, onions and broccoli, while not negative calorie foods (no such thing, despite fad diet claims), are almost negligible in terms of caloric content as the body uses a substantial number of calories to digest them.

5. Fill up on zero calorie drinks.

6. Buy and use zero calorie dressing to make raw veggies more delicious.

Built
09-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Increase protein, fibre and fat consumption and reduce carb consumption to better control appetite.

Save food to eat at night so you don't have to go to bed hungry.

getfit
09-11-2007, 07:13 PM
I don't agree with no 6 they are tasteless.Use balsamic and olive oil,salt

Con
09-11-2007, 07:22 PM
How credible are 1 and 2?

I read number two in Kevin Trudeau's book, but he's a little on the crazy side which made me disregard it comepletely.

getfit
09-11-2007, 07:24 PM
I don't like spicy food.I have heartburn for days.Not for me.

cphafner
09-11-2007, 07:26 PM
eat all your calories vs. drinking them.

Ms Dash is your friend.

growthrep
09-11-2007, 07:32 PM
How credible are 1 and 2?

I read number two in Kevin Trudeau's book, but he's a little on the crazy side which made me disregard it comepletely.

Who is Trudeau? Read these on several sites. I'll google Trudeau for fun.

Built, love that night time advice as that is when I am most hungry.

growthrep
09-11-2007, 07:33 PM
I don't agree with no 6 they are tasteless.Use balsamic and olive oil,salt

I've only ever tried one, just found out they exist. It's a zesty/sweet onion dressing and it's awesome. Bought it at a health food store in Kimball, MI.