PDA

View Full Version : My first experience with Nitrean..

Scatr036
09-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Everyone was raving about how good Nitrean tasted, so i decided to order some and try it out. I got a tub of chocolate and, in short, i was greatly dissappointed with the taste. It has a funny after taste when mixed with water. I have yet to try it with milk. Maybe that would make a difference? As it is now it is a chore just to get it down. I much prefer GNC's chocolate whey as far as taste goes. Could it be i just got a bad batch?

Chris255
09-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Try milk then get back to us. And sounds like you need to add more fluid.

chris mason
09-12-2007, 07:28 PM
It is possible you got a bad batch, yes, but that is quite rare. As you stated, most people really love the taste, but you have to realize that taste is subjective and there is nothing in this world that is universally liked as far as taste goes. Give it a few tries and see if it grows on you.

Scatr036
09-12-2007, 08:12 PM
i was just taken back when i made my first shake. It really doesn't taste like chocolate at all to me. It starts off alright but as soon as I swallow, i get a very strong aftertaste and i cant quite seem to pinpoint what it is. I accept the possibility that the results are relative to my preferences, but i just cant seem to get over the fact that my taste is that far off from everybody elses. I've read many threads that put Nitrean on a pedestal in comparison to other blends. Chris, I hope your not taking this as a bash to your product. I guess i am just trying to figure out what this after taste is? Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?

chris mason
09-12-2007, 08:34 PM
i was just taken back when i made my first shake. It really doesn't taste like chocolate at all to me. It starts off alright but as soon as I swallow, i get a very strong aftertaste and i cant quite seem to pinpoint what it is. I accept the possibility that the results are relative to my preferences, but i just cant seem to get over the fact that my taste is that far off from everybody elses. I've read many threads that put Nitrean on a pedestal in comparison to other blends. Chris, I hope your not taking this as a bash to your product. I guess i am just trying to figure out what this after taste is? Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?

Tell you what, shoot me a PM with your real name and I can send you another jug to see if it is the product or a possible problem with your specific jug. As I said, it is possible. I don't take this as a bash althought I do wish you had contacted us via email or PM rather than on the forum. One more thing, we have had some people not initially like the flavoring and then decided they reall do like it after a bit of use. The flavor is unique, no doubt.

Scatr036
09-12-2007, 08:56 PM
I PM'ed you. I'm sorry if you view this as bad rep for your product. Not at all. Just seeing if the WBB community experienced anything like me or if they could help me pinpoint the aftertaste that i am experiencing.

phatmike
09-13-2007, 05:17 PM
In my experience, the flavor is affected greatly by the amount of liquid you use (especially when using water). I tend to mix each scoop of Nitrean with only 6-7 ounces of water as opposed to the 8-10 ounces it says on the bottle.

See if it helps!

malkore
09-18-2007, 04:52 PM
i'll agree nitrean chocolate isn't as overpoweringly chocolatey as other brands...and that's one reason I like it.

it reminds me of Yoohoo! in a way...and I like the taste of that too!

DaBizzle
09-26-2007, 02:54 AM
i got this same reaction to when i tried this. I just received my nitrean monday. Opticen tastes awesome in water, but the nitrean.... eh.... it was bareable. Ill try using less water see if that helps it out. Should i put the nitrean in first or the water first then stir?

chris mason
09-26-2007, 05:44 AM
i got this same reaction to when i tried this. I just received my nitrean monday. Opticen tastes awesome in water, but the nitrean.... eh.... it was bareable. Ill try using less water see if that helps it out. Should i put the nitrean in first or the water first then stir?

Water first. Use a bit less water as well if you wish to strengthen the flavoring.

Chris

chris mason
09-26-2007, 05:44 AM
In my experience, the flavor is affected greatly by the amount of liquid you use (especially when using water). I tend to mix each scoop of Nitrean with only 6-7 ounces of water as opposed to the 8-10 ounces it says on the bottle.

See if it helps!

Yep. We probably should revise the label. 8-10 oz. is good for 2 scoops, but the flavor is a bit dilute with that much water and only 1 scoop.

ray34iyf
09-26-2007, 11:58 AM
What Chris said is correct. When I first tried Nitrean I didn't like the taste. It just tasted odd to me, but after a while I starting loving it. Now that I went back to a different brand to save money I can't stand to stomach down this new crap. Nitrean is quality stuff.

Twan
09-27-2007, 10:22 PM
Mix it with whole milk, it takes like a freaking milk shake.

Detard
09-28-2007, 05:06 PM
I had the same feeling but with the vanilla. It tastes OK but the ON 100% whey is amazing. Maybe it was a bad batch as mine had little clumps in it and didnt mix very well, but that is my experience.

chris mason
09-28-2007, 05:32 PM
I had the same feeling but with the vanilla. It tastes OK but the ON 100% whey is amazing. Maybe it was a bad batch as mine had little clumps in it and didnt mix very well, but that is my experience.

Taste is definitely subjective. In this month's Men's Health magazine they mentioned Nitrean as the best tasting vanilla they have ever tried. Check it out!

ernburn
09-28-2007, 06:45 PM
i'll agree nitrean chocolate isn't as overpoweringly chocolatey as other brands...and that's one reason I like it.

it reminds me of Yoohoo! in a way...and I like the taste of that too!

Yoohoo! I love that stuff i need to get a whole case of nitrean then