PDA

View Full Version : alright....Stretch MArks!?

kevind345
09-12-2007, 06:33 PM
I have been reading and doing research to start my bulk, and im all ready to go I have even been lifting a few times to get my muscles prepped.....but im reading everywhere that once you get stretch marks you cant get rid of them....I DONT CARE what anyone says on here about "battle scars and w/e" i DEFF do not want stretch marks....i weight 157 (im 5 9.5) and want to bulk to about 180-185 then cut....will i get stretch marks???? or better yet how can you bulk and prevent stretch marks??? could i bulk real slow, or just never put on more than 15-20 lbs at a time.......my one roomate lifts and he started freshman year when he was pretty skinny and hes like 5'7 175-180 maybe 11% BF and he dosent have any stretch marks.....? maybe he bulked slow idno??? let me what you guys know about this please....thanks

Chris255
09-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Lotion everyday will help with strech marks.

kevind345
09-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Lotion everyday will help with strech marks.

I dont want to help, i dont want to get them at all....will this work?

Chris255
09-12-2007, 06:40 PM
I dont want to help, i dont want to get them at all....will this work?

I meant help in a good way. But it depends on the rate that you grow, you might get them, you might not.

Teutates
09-12-2007, 08:15 PM
I got em from back years ago when I was in the marines. I weighed 185 when I went into basic, and came out at 155. In three months (12 weeks).

I hate em, but didn't have the luxury of knowing what they were, let alone being able to prevent them. Good luck!

nhlfan
09-12-2007, 08:25 PM
I put on 40 pounds and didn't get any. some people put on half that and end up with them. I didn't use any creams or lotions either.

do a steady bulk over the course of a few months, and use some cream if you're really worried about it.

ADT
09-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Paradise Gold Cocoa Butter Premium Cream

http://www.walgreens.com/dbimagecache/260396.jpg

Some bodybuilders swear by this.

Some bodybuilders swear this doesn't work.

Which kind of bodybuilder will you be?

Best,
ADT

RhodeHouse
09-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Dude, don't call them stretch marks. They're progress reports.

AiCPearlJamWeen
09-14-2007, 11:34 AM
I got them from growing 5 inches in a year (when I went through puberty) and they suck. They led to a lot of being picked on throughout school. I hate them.

RCASEYH
09-14-2007, 11:53 AM
Don't want stretch marks? Maintain your current size best as you can. :) That's the sad truth.

It is mostly genetic how your body (skin) will cope with the stress aging and being stretched. Aside from keeping yourself hydrated, staying away from UV light, trying some of the over-the-counter products with cocoa butter and not bulking/cutting too quickly or to any huge extremes, the elasticity of a person's skin depends a lot on their genetic make-up.

If you end up with them and hate them sooooo much you feel the need to get rid of them, there are certain medical procedures which will eliminate or lessen their appearance.

But as others may have already said on the site ... you should look at them proudly as a result of all the hard work you are putting into getting your physique the way you want it.

OcSurfDude
09-14-2007, 05:43 PM
tanning will exacerbate the prob