PDA

View Full Version : How often do you weight yourself...

cujo1
09-13-2007, 11:39 AM
When you cut or bulk how often do you weight yourself in a week. I mean ive recently started doing it every minute. In the morning when i wake up and shortly after i eat and the fluctuations are killing me. I mean when i wake up my weight is 72.8kg after i eat its 73.4kg. Which is more accurate and how can i avoid this obsessive behaviour

Built
09-13-2007, 11:40 AM
First thing in the AM, naked, empty and unfed.

That's it. Fluctuations happen due to diet, sodium, and the positions of Saturn and Venus. Monitor trends.

Teutates
09-13-2007, 11:44 AM
I weigh myself every day of the week in the moring after I piss but before I eat, and naked. Then at the end of the week I calculate the average and I consider it my "final weight".

1ManRiot
09-13-2007, 11:45 AM
I don't. I use the mirror.

cujo1
09-13-2007, 11:45 AM
so after basically going to the toilet just weight urself naked on an empty stomach in the morning if not naked can u weight yourself in the same clothes?

1ManRiot
09-13-2007, 11:52 AM
so after basically going to the toilet just weight urself naked on an empty stomach in the morning if not naked can u weight yourself in the same clothes?
That is fine. It doesn't matter what the conditions are, so long as they remain constant. (IE, you wear the same clothes, do it at the same time, do it in the same fed state, etc).

cujo1
09-13-2007, 11:55 AM
cool thanks you guys

Cirino83
09-13-2007, 12:07 PM

Me2. Very rarely step on a scale.

Outshine
09-13-2007, 12:21 PM
Right after I wake up, once a week.

getfit
09-13-2007, 12:25 PM
Me2. Very rarely step on a scale.

The same.I haven't weighed myself in awhile.I tend to drop a few lbs in the summer.

mikey4402
09-13-2007, 01:06 PM

i agree. i dont care about lbs as long as im looking learner, which you can do in the mirror.

now if i was an MMA fighter it would be differnt

Brad263
09-13-2007, 01:14 PM
I am a little obsessed. I check way to often. But I am trying to cut back to once a week. the whole morning routine is when I try to but my scale sucks and its hard to tell how accurate it is. Half the time I weigh myself before a workout on the big expensive digital scale at the gym but like others have said its hard to tell because of meals and stuff like that.

growthrep
09-13-2007, 01:18 PM
Daily, first thing in the morning after taking a leak but before eating or drinking.

1ManRiot
09-13-2007, 01:18 PM
I am a little obsessed. I check way to often. But I am trying to cut back to once a week. the whole morning routine is when I try to but my scale sucks and its hard to tell how accurate it is. Half the time I weigh myself before a workout on the big expensive digital scale at the gym but like others have said its hard to tell because of meals and stuff like that.

True. Even with the exact same factors, you can still be out either way without really knowing why.

I once monitored my weight every day for 10 weeks, and although overall it was increasing, it would dip throughout the week and rise again at the weekend.

cujo1
09-13-2007, 02:29 PM
i usually gotta take a dump in the morning and then i weight myself this dont matter right?

Cirino83
09-13-2007, 02:31 PM
i usually gotta take a dump in the morning and then i weight myself this dont matter right?

could fluctuate your weight before/after.....depending on if you ate taco bell or not. :whazzup:

Teutates
09-13-2007, 03:56 PM
i agree. i dont care about lbs as long as im looking learner, which you can do in the mirror.

Some of us have weight goals that we are trying to meet though. Those weight goals are usually like losing 1-2 lbs a week or gaining 1 lb a week or something like that. We like to track our progress in more objective terms than "I look a eensy-weensy bit better in the mirror this week..."

Myself, I not only weigh myself, I measure various body parts and keep track of those too. Doing nothing but looking in a mirror may work if you don't care about those kinds of things, but if you are serious about fine tuning your bulk/cut cycle and optimizing your diet to meet your goals, then you really need to monitor your weight daily.

Teutates
09-13-2007, 03:58 PM
the whole morning routine is when I try to but my scale sucks and its hard to tell how accurate it is.

True, this is why I calculate the average of a week. The degree of fluctuation may vary every week, but at least there is more consistancy with an mean of some sort.

cujo1
09-13-2007, 04:28 PM
so weight myself before the dump?

Cirino83
09-13-2007, 04:32 PM

hahahahahahahahahhahaha

I don't know why but I found this hilarious.

KingWilder
09-13-2007, 04:33 PM
first thing in the morning, once a week

Teutates
09-13-2007, 04:41 PM

I would weigh myself after the dump, lol.

ShockBoxer
09-13-2007, 05:16 PM
I weigh myself every time I go to the gym. Sometimes it's up, sometimes it's down, but at least it's something. The mirror is no good to me: I still see my 200 pound self staring back at me. As far as I can tell I haven't lost any fat at all since then. My friends and family and fiancee emphatically disagree.

Chris255
09-13-2007, 05:46 PM
First thing in the AM, naked, empty and unfed.

That's it. Fluctuations happen due to diet, sodium, and the positions of Saturn and Venus. Monitor trends.

Same here.

RhodeHouse
09-13-2007, 06:23 PM
Dude, when you're gaining weight, do it after you eat and drink at least 32oz of Gatorade. Try to chug the Gatorade and immediately jump on the scale. If you think you're gonna be light, throw on a pair of Timberlands and a heavy flannel-type shirtas well. All the oz's count. It's the PL mentality, but it makes you feel good to see the scale going up.

cphafner
09-13-2007, 06:39 PM
I have never weight myself. I weigh myself a couple times a week. The mirror is more accurate to me.

live2lift
09-13-2007, 06:49 PM
I weigh a few times a week. Doesnt really matter when i weigh as long as its the same time every day. I just use that number as a guide to see if I lost or gained. But first thing in morning after emptying your bladder is your most accurate weight.

eddie500
09-14-2007, 01:35 PM
I used to be obsessed with weighing myself also, I was probably weighing myself 10+ times a day, with some days 20+ times.
I was playing like a game with myself to keep me motivated to keep gaining weight. I would try to always beat my max weight on the scale.