PDA

View Full Version : best weight gain foods!!!

buhhda
03-07-2002, 12:31 PM
Iv'e been trying a new diet this training season and iv'e gotten bigger and noticed more results from it in 1 month compared to the end of my last season which was 8 months! so i thought i would share and ask what you all are taking to bulk up!!!

i'm about 160lbs right now up from 148lbs in jan. i'm 5"9 and have a 29" waist (small frame) the muscle is lookin good on me!!! :)

my goal is 175 by july 1st but at this rate i will hit it sooner!!! anyways ....here's the foods i eat to gain lean muscle mass (i don't use the bulk up fat and cut to muscle method)

ranked in order of effectiveness:

1. 100% natural peanut butter (2 tbsp per day)
2. 2% cottage cheese 2 servings per day
3. 50 grams soy protein/50 grams whey protein per day (total of 100)
4. 2 weightgain oatmeal muffins ( 15 grams soy protein per muffin , oatmeal, raisins, shredded coconut, and extra brown sugar)
5. 4 free range eggs per day
6. 4 slices 7 grain bread per day

These are what i try and have with my meals every day, i also eat tuna, chicken breasts, some pasta, and i throw in some fruits also like bananas and oranges with my shakes. I heard from a few people that soy protein is crap, but i was using all whey last season and it wasn't nearly as effective as the soy!!! i found that soy is excellent for gaining LEAN muscle mass and getting cut, but when i was taking all whey i seemed to look big but had no definition!!! could also be my workout too though.... i can get 2 kg's pure soy protien for 20 bucks here and it's 50 grams protein per scoop! i take some sort of dairy or meat product with it though ( i heard u need the amino acids in it to break down the soy protein?)

TreeTrunks
03-07-2002, 12:33 PM
best foods to gain? Same foods you'd use to cut except just eat more of it.

Manipul8r
03-07-2002, 01:36 PM
ICE CREAM!!! Excellent for gaining.. MILK is spectacular too..

Qea
03-07-2002, 03:02 PM
didn't know they made weight-gain muffin supplements :D

buhhda
03-07-2002, 04:27 PM
i made them muffins up! they work really good! if ya want the recipe i would be happy to tell ya!they taste so damn good too! great with breakfast or on the go!

Manipul8r
03-07-2002, 04:53 PM
lets hear it..

buhhda
03-07-2002, 08:16 PM
1/2 package oatmeal muffin mix, 1 cup water, 1 egg (beaten), 1/2 brown sugar, 1/4 cup shredded coconuts, 1/4 cup raisins, 2 scoops protein powder (i use pure soy but you can use anything!) , 1/8 cup skor bits, 1/8 cup white chocolate chips. makes 12 large muffins or 6 JUMBO ones! bake at 350 for 20 mins.

i top em off with vanilla coconut icing!!! these are the shiznit!!! :)

Qea
03-07-2002, 08:32 PM
sounds delish. you got the macro breakdown for those?

tony touch
03-08-2002, 10:28 AM
go ahead and eat tons of ice cream and see what happens. you'll bulk up and be a fat mess. people don't realize that bulking does not mean go out and eat absolutely everything and mostly crap (yes regular ice cream is crap for you). you should still try to maintain a conditioned look if you're a bodybuilder. if you're a hardgainer, than by all means mangiare. but i mean come on, these same people who go on these bulking rampages end up 2 months later askin how to get rid of the gut

buhhda
03-08-2002, 02:29 PM
tony touch your exactly right! some fats are good (eg. peanut butter) but ice cream is crap! sure u will gain weight but not the right kind and not where it counts!!! i'm so sick of this bulk up /cut down method i think it's retarted. i like to keep it simple, eat alot of good food, lift hard and lift heavy. it works wonders!!!

buhhda
03-08-2002, 02:31 PM
qea: sorry i don't have the macro on those. but i know fer sure they work! feels like a meal after having one! they are heavy! :D

TreeTrunks
03-08-2002, 02:34 PM
actually its ok to eat some ice cream like forzen yougert. Ice cream is not a high GI carb but a medium GI carb. All dairy products are low GI carbs except ice cream.

But don't depend on ice cream as a good carb source.

tony touch
03-10-2002, 02:01 PM
too much sugar and fat combined. carbs+dietary fat=fat mess

Adam
03-10-2002, 05:44 PM
Best weight gain meal - Kraft dinner and liter of milk

tony touch
03-10-2002, 07:56 PM
good fat meal