PDA

View Full Version : Ok....apparently my last pics were too vulgar. So i censored

OcSurfDude
09-14-2007, 07:04 PM
got off on the wrong foot with a mod for some reason ..anyway hope things are clarified now...

here i am.

23/ OC

best: maybe my abs
needs work: legs

any tips for legs would be appreciated, anything except squats
:bash: i hate doing them

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/9422/3541256ct0.jpg

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/3985/la531e9b97b84e26f45fb3fll6.jpg

Rock Steady
09-14-2007, 07:07 PM
I think you look great - what are you goals?

If you really wanted nice legs, you wouldn't care that you hate squats. Sorry.

OcSurfDude
09-14-2007, 07:22 PM
I think you look great - what are you goals?

If you really wanted nice legs, you wouldn't care that you hate squats. Sorry.

my goal...hmm well i think there are always areas for improvement but im pretty happy with how my upper body looks

i hate squats because i am not confident when peopl say that it cant hurt your back i think its very dmaging to the spine no matter how correctly you do it..
sombody prove me wrong pls, any scientific proof that it doesnt?

i do want to make my calves bigger too...much bigger
im ashamed to wear shorts hhaa

RBB
09-14-2007, 07:55 PM
there have been studies done on squats. run a google search and you'll find some. imo, you'll never build decent legs without them.

bill
09-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Also plenty of peeps on this site are squating and most share info on injuries. If your form is good, you probably in more danger picking up the morning paper.

sharkall2003
09-14-2007, 08:50 PM
Never been injured doing a squat, or a deadlift. Take it for what it's worth. You get injured from bad form, bad nutrition, overtraining, and not enough rest...and sometimes bad luck.

TWINSCREW
09-19-2007, 03:03 PM
good job brother,i was wondering what you do for an ab routine

Unholy
09-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Good base, your a bitch if you won't squat though.

VikingWarlord
09-19-2007, 08:00 PM
Not bad. Looks like you need to grow some wings though. Throw up some leg and back shots, let's see what you've got besides underwear ad muscles.

motoko013
09-19-2007, 08:05 PM

lol...that last part should be on a shirt...there are too many people that refuse to squat...i have no idea why, it's my favorite exercise...

phatmonky
09-19-2007, 08:34 PM
You have been doing a lot of bench and curls.

No offense, but while the low body fat is commendable, the rest is only a good base.

Get some back workouts in and start working legs. You obviously only care about looks and not strength (fine), so I'll say this - WOMEN NOTICE WHEN YOU HAVE CHICKEN LEGS.

Cards
09-19-2007, 10:26 PM
mm hmm I have to agree, woman like a v taper , ass and thighs, it's true.

Phenom
09-19-2007, 11:08 PM
here i am.

OMGZ BRAD PITT from teh FIGHT CLUB!!!111!!one!!!

method115
09-20-2007, 04:28 AM
Yea you look great but I'm wondering about your back. I would want to add a little size if I were you but thats just personal preference.

Fuzzy
09-20-2007, 05:12 AM
my goal...hmm well i think there are always areas for improvement but im pretty happy with how my upper body looks

i hate squats because i am not confident when peopl say that it cant hurt your back i think its very dmaging to the spine no matter how correctly you do it..

i do want to make my calves bigger too...much bigger
im ashamed to wear shorts hhaa

Um, 2 million years of human evolution and biomechanics might prove it.

How can the most natural basic motion your body can do be harmful if done properly?

i personally think you just need to toughen up.

But otherwise looking great!

tomv
09-20-2007, 06:03 AM

How can the most natural basic motion your body can do be harmful if done properly?

i personally think you just need to toughen up.

But otherwise looking great!

I'm with the Fuzz. Read up on some of Sensei's stuff that he's prescribed and also the words in his signature. It's a basic human movement, we have been designed to be able to pick **** up off the floor and lift stuff up using a similar motion.

Nice body though, very Men's Health model (that's a compliment).

MMEI
09-20-2007, 06:45 AM
Question--Natty?

Keith
09-20-2007, 10:33 AM
Question--Natty?

Are you seriously asking that question?

Seems to be some haters in here, but dude, you look awesome. You have a VERY good physique to start building off of. Keep it coming.

BFGUITAR
09-20-2007, 11:20 AM
Yeh, very lean but your back is seriously lagging, and so are your legs from what your telling me. Squats are more safe than a leg press, it is more natural to our body.

Babies squat why cant you?

Lumiel
09-20-2007, 12:10 PM
Building legs without squats is like trying to hike Mount Everest without oxygen tanks.... good luck.

Seriously, I hate squats too, but they really work your legs unlike anything else, they are the best overall exercise for your body and when performed with proper form are one of the safest things for your back and knees.

If you hate them, try walking lunges with weight - then give me a call about HATE!

I see you're in the O.C. I work out in the O.C. too. Where do you go?

RedSpikeyThing
09-20-2007, 12:20 PM

In all fairness, we haven't been squatting with hundredes of pounds on our backs for that long. Even then, it's only some people that do it

Phenom
09-20-2007, 01:22 PM
Seriously, I hate squats too, but they really work your legs unlike anything else

Personally I feel like my legs get worked harder by doing leg extensions. The pump is bigger and my quads feel more fatigued after extensions. However, I do squats too anyway, but that's just my two cents.

OP- Do squats

Lumiel
09-20-2007, 01:41 PM
Personally I feel like my legs get worked harder by doing leg extensions. The pump is bigger and my quads feel more fatigued after extensions. However, I do squats too anyway, but that's just my two cents.

OP- Do squats

Leg extensions are the "dumbbell kickbacks" of the legs. :-P

OcSurfDude
09-20-2007, 02:10 PM
Are you seriously asking that question?

Seems to be some haters in here, but dude, you look awesome. You have a VERY good physique to start building off of. Keep it coming.

thanks. definitely alot of bitterness coming from some members must be the roids

OcSurfDude
09-20-2007, 02:12 PM
mm hmm I have to agree, woman like a v taper , ass and thighs, it's true.

yeah well it hink both guys and girls like the v taper ass and thighs lol

OcSurfDude
09-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Not bad. Looks like you need to grow some wings though. Throw up some leg and back shots, let's see what you've got besides underwear ad muscles.

i did post leg shots but the mod removed them because i was in my underwear

djreef
09-20-2007, 03:04 PM
In all fairness, we haven't been squatting with hundredes of pounds on our backs for that long. Even then, it's only some people that do it

I guess your ancestors never carried a buffalo carcass 20 miles back to the cave.

DJ

Lumiel
09-20-2007, 03:07 PM

Bah... ain't nothing you can't see in department store ads in the Sunday paper. That just seems silly.

VikingWarlord
09-20-2007, 06:40 PM

Just throw on some gym shorts and pull them up. Seems to be what most everyone else does. Alternatively, you can just call them posing trunks like everyone else does. :D

Seriously though, it'd be good to see the back and legs (thighs and calves) when you can figure out how best to put them up. What you've shown looks really good, but that's only a small part of the whole.

phatmonky
09-21-2007, 06:09 AM
thanks. definitely alot of bitterness coming from some members must be the roids

Big words for someone that is afraid to squat :moon:

BBB
09-22-2007, 04:03 PM

LMFAO - so true.

smalls
09-22-2007, 06:40 PM
You look better than most of the people on this board, those that squat and those that dont.

Yes you sound like a wee bit like a ****** but why everyone has to hate on people who dont see things the same as them is a bit small minded.

I would like to see the back and legs since you are obviously at least concerned about making progress in those area's despite your lack of desire to squat.

BBB
09-22-2007, 07:29 PM
Smalls is right, we're narrow minded squat elitists. Pay no attention to us. You're abs are awesome. You can make your legs grow many other ways. I know someone who couldn't squat for year b.c. of his knees and his legs were massive and beautiful. There ARE other ways. ;)

KobeWillVindic8
09-23-2007, 12:43 AM
haha this guy has a physique better than 90% of the people on this forum, and all i see is nitpicking. probably because he can look like this even without squatting, etc.

all i can say is you are very gifted genetically, and you would look that much better if u actually DID start doing squats and other fundamental movements. great abs.

smalls
09-23-2007, 01:27 AM
Smalls is right, we're narrow minded squat elitists. Pay no attention to us. You're abs are awesome. You can make your legs grow many other ways. I know someone who couldn't squat for year b.c. of his knees and his legs were massive and beautiful. There ARE other ways. ;)

Hey I never said it was easy or beneficial to NOT be a squat elitists, especially when people at the gym suck so bad, lol.

haha this guy has a physique better than 90% of the people on this forum, and all i see is nitpicking. probably because he can look like this even without squatting, etc.

all i can say is you are very gifted genetically, and you would look that much better if u actually DID start doing squats and other fundamental movements. great abs.

I agree with this. Squating isnt necassary, but squat for hells sake. You have potential, use it.

phatmonky
09-23-2007, 09:56 AM
Yes you sound like a wee bit like a ****** but why everyone has to hate on people who dont see things the same as them is a bit small minded.

I think his big problem is that he came onto a board that pushes for either a proper physique (which means legs) or actual strength (which means legs). He pissed off the pretty and the strong crowd.

Then there's this crap:

Oh yeah, let me just prove to you a negative! He's got some silly ass idea that no one can help with.
Prove to me that doing curls doesn't make you gay!! Show me the scientific report where someone proved that!
You can't because you have to prove a postive, which means, the OP needs to show a report that squatting DOES cause back problems or just get over and squat.

Telling him to not squat is like telling him to build up his chest with a machine and never touch dumbells or barbells. I'll argue that squatting is better for looks and strength than the alternatives alone.

HahnB
09-23-2007, 10:43 AM
Telling him to not squat is like telling him to build up his chest with a machine and never touch dumbells or barbells.

Just for ****s and giggles, no orthopedic surgeon has ever told me that dumbells or barbells are bad for performing chest exercises. However, 2 of them told me squats were bad for your knees. I'm not saying they're right, but they seem to have enough of a body of evidence to believe that after practicing for almost 30 years each.

The OP looks great.

McIrish
09-23-2007, 02:46 PM
OP - damn man, you got some solid genetics on you (and hard work, I'm not bagging on you here!). Get a back shot up and keep up the hard work.

Oh, and since NOBODY has said it yet (what the hell guys, how'd you all drop the ball on this one? :)).... GO GAIN 50 lbs! :)

Phenom
09-23-2007, 03:31 PM

Ummm, nobody said you can't get pretty abs if you don't squat. :scratch:

phatmonky
09-23-2007, 09:01 PM
Just for ****s and giggles, no orthopedic surgeon has ever told me that dumbells or barbells are bad for performing chest exercises. However, 2 of them told me squats were bad for your knees. I'm not saying they're right, but they seem to have enough of a body of evidence to believe that after practicing for almost 30 years each.

I hear you on the ****s and giggles, so I'll just post this and let things fall where they may....
http://www.exrx.net/ExInfo/Squats.html

P.S. I love your protein bar recipe

DoUgL@S
09-24-2007, 07:09 PM

It's probably the fact that you look better than me with my shirt off, but I digress.

If you want to build muscle efficiently, use movements that activate the most muscles. For leg development there is probably no other exercise that does this better than squats.

If you don't like them that's cool, to each his own. /EndRoidRage

BFGUITAR
09-25-2007, 03:23 PM
While squats arent needed for looks are they truly needed for strength? Im leaning towards a yes.

So why not be strong and look good?

Noxon
10-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Your physique is a great start, but I would really suggest doing heavy weighted pull-ups. That should help round out your upper body, particularly your lats which are nonexistent at this point. If you had a nice v-taper going and started squatting, you'd seriously be looking sick. Right now you're looking sick for an Abercrombie & Fitch ad, which isn't exactly an insult, although some around here would say it is.

And squats, of course, but no need to pile on.

hulkinout
10-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Since your legs need work, post a non-undie leg shot. Upper body looks great, though.