PDA

View Full Version : Help me with nutrition?

Daddy
09-14-2007, 07:58 PM
I'm 14 115 pounds. I want to gain muscle. How much whey protein should I even take per day. Also, Should I even take protein since im 14?

cphafner
09-14-2007, 08:05 PM
you need to eat. It's a simple equation. Take a look at the stickies. Then come back with more specific questions.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=99119

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
09-14-2007, 11:09 PM
You don't "take" protein. Protein powder is food. Do you need to be taking food at 14? I think you'll be okay. :thumbup:

Like cphafner said, read the stickies and when you have more specific questions come back and make another thread. There is a lot of information to be learned just from reading the stickies and you'll learn quite a bit. So...start reading...then come back.

Daddy
09-16-2007, 03:10 PM
No that isn't ithe question. Should I take Whey Protein??? It says on the back of EAS protein bag that I bought that you shouldn't take whey protein if your under 18.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
09-16-2007, 04:14 PM
If the EAS bag says that, then there must be an ingredient in there that requires them to say that. Whey comes from milk. There should be no issue with you eating whey just like there shouldn't be an issue with you drinking milk. As for how much protein you need, you should be getting in 1 gram of protein per pound of LBM, or if you're too lazy to calculate LBM, then you can use 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight.

VikingWarlord
09-16-2007, 04:58 PM
As for how much protein you need, you should be getting in 1 gram of protein per pound of LBM, or if you're too lazy to calculate LBM, then you can use 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight.

For someone that small, the difference is probably small enough it doesn't really matter. Go with a minimum of 1g/lb of bodyweight. You don't really need whey at this stage, it's just throwing money away, and I'll show you why.

For example, 20 oz tuna has around 130g protein, 20 oz chicken breast will have about 115g protein, 16 oz of cod, tilapia, pollack, or any other whitefish will have between 80-90g. Your requirement is so low that it's easier (and cheaper) to get your protein just from eating more meat.

I'm also amused as all hell that a 14 year old is going by the name Daddy.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
09-16-2007, 08:28 PM
For someone that small, the difference is probably small enough it doesn't really matter.Yeah, you're right. But then the difference between those two calculations isn't really that much anyway at his weight.

I'm also amused as all hell that a 14 year old is going by the name Daddy.You always state what I'm thinking. :thumbup: