PDA

View Full Version : Should I eat fats?

Daddy
09-14-2007, 10:04 PM
Should I eat bad fats like junk food once in a while or should I avoid bad fats?

cujo1
09-14-2007, 10:10 PM
i think most of the time you should avoid bad fats but once in a while is ok like say once a week if you have cheat days.Most of your fat should be good ie from natty pb, nuts etc. Most of mine comes from natural peanut butter. And remember you should get atleast 0.5g of fat per LBM

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
09-14-2007, 11:06 PM
Moderation.

1ManRiot
09-15-2007, 04:00 AM
Should I eat fats?
Yes

Should I eat bad fats like junk food once in a while
As above, moderation.

should I avoid bad fats?
Yes. But a "bad" fat is only a fat that has been damaged through cooking/processing/oxidisation.

Teutates
09-15-2007, 04:40 PM
I'm with the solitary rioter. Moderation on the junk food. Fats, heck yeah. Natty PB, Olive Oil, unsat. fat, Fish oil, etc. Eat it up. Fat intake and Testosterone levels have a pretty direct correlation. I suggest 20-25% fat on a normal diet. (The good fat)

If you can knock out ALL fast food (saturated) fat and implement all healthy fats such as with Flax oil, fish oil, olive oil, natty PB, etc and you get as high as 30%, go for it. It isn't going to hurt and it might help your lifts (lots of the Vitamin T that way).

RhodeHouse
09-15-2007, 04:56 PM
The best way to increase your test levels is to take test.

1ManRiot
09-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Saturated fats from animal sources are fine too, again though, moderation is key.

The best way to increase your test levels is to take test.
Like a maths test perhaps? Or a driving test?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
09-16-2007, 12:07 AM
The best way to increase your test levels is to take test.That's great and all, but I don't think that's what the OP wants to do.

theravingphycho
09-16-2007, 05:00 AM
Should I eat bad fats like junk food once in a while or should I avoid bad fats?

I would limit comnsumption of transfat and damaged fat in my diet. Source your fats from good sources like EV Olive Oil, Flax products (cold pressed), Walnuts, Sunflower seeds, Whole eggs, Steak, Oily fish etc

Make sure you have a good balance of O3 and O6 and have some red meat as well as cholesterol is the precursor to test production

Where do you currently source your dietary fats from?