PDA

View Full Version : Fuzzy's 352 squat, 352 RDL, and flawless power clean form. :d

Fuzzy
09-14-2007, 10:39 PM
Enjoy!

squats, 330 and 352.

On_uK3KNsZE

RDL, 308x3, 352x1 (yes, last reps got messy, single was good!)

ViMG0nFpI0Q

power cleans, 132x3 (plus a press), 185x2 (no chalk sucks anus!)

QPJ1Ad2Sy9w

cphafner
09-14-2007, 10:44 PM
are you being spotted by male cheerleaders?

samj
09-15-2007, 05:24 AM
are you being spotted by male cheerleaders?

looks like it or hockey lol

chris mason
09-15-2007, 05:38 AM
Fuzzy, your RDL's are not being performed correctly. You are using quad drive and that is not the point of the movement.

I am also a bit concerned about your knees with the way you are bouncing at the bottom of the squat. I think you would be better served to lighten the load and control the movement better at the bottom. If you take this advice you will thank me later.

The above said, you are a strong kid! Good work!

samj
09-15-2007, 06:03 AM
Fuzzy, your RDL's are not being performed correctly. You are using quad drive and that is not the point of the movement.

Is that because his stance is too narrow chris?

Fuzzy
09-15-2007, 06:48 AM

I am also a bit concerned about your knees with the way you are bouncing at the bottom of the squat. I think you would be better served to lighten the load and control the movement better at the bottom. If you take this advice you will thank me later.

The above said, you are a strong kid! Good work!

Chris, I know about the drive, form just went to **** after the first one. So I made up for it with the good single :d I have no excuse.

Also, I appreciate your concern about the bounce, but you will be hard pressed to find an olympic weightlifter who doesnt bounce out of squats.

Ive actually been trying to practice my bouncing technique. Remember, Im getting massages almost daily, especially legs and knees. I am being conditioned to train heavy often, and lift like this on a day to day basis. I am very well looked after and have my recovery and therapy down to the T... well I dont, coach does.

We can do stupid unhealthy things and get away with it for a very very long time ;) Infact, how many top level Oly guys have major knee issues?

Thanks for dropping by.

Chubrock
09-15-2007, 07:05 AM
Those were some nice numbers. I'm going to have to agree with Chris about tightening up at the bottom. You're getting a lot of sway inward and outward with your knees, which to me indicates that you're not staying tight at the bottom. I think you'd be better served, if not just for larger numbers, in focusing on staying tight at the bottom and trying to control the knee sway.

chris mason
09-15-2007, 07:41 AM
Chris, I know about the drive, form just went to **** after the first one. So I made up for it with the good single :d I have no excuse.

Also, I appreciate your concern about the bounce, but you will be hard pressed to find an olympic weightlifter who doesnt bounce out of squats.

Ive actually been trying to practice my bouncing technique. Remember, Im getting massages almost daily, especially legs and knees. I am being conditioned to train heavy often, and lift like this on a day to day basis. I am very well looked after and have my recovery and therapy down to the T... well I dont, coach does.

We can do stupid unhealthy things and get away with it for a very very long time ;) Infact, how many top level Oly guys have major knee issues?

Thanks for dropping by.

If you have an Olympic coach working with you I am less concerned. You are correct that Olympic lifters often rebound out of a rock bottom squat. My concern is your age and if you properly conditioned yourself for it.

Just be careful, I thought I was indestructible when I was young as well.

Fuzzy
09-15-2007, 08:23 AM
Ive taken that onboard. However, compare that squat to my form a month or so ago...

ISH6b0dNTY4

bill
09-15-2007, 10:57 AM
Are you still 15 y/o, H.S. football coaches would be all over to play ball. Not sure what Olympic lifters do, but the knee movement inward would concern me more than the bounce. Do O lifters wrap the knees?

ZenMonkey
09-15-2007, 11:53 AM
you're an f 'n machine bro

Detard
09-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Good work fuzzy. Strong lifting.

Lones Green
09-15-2007, 01:33 PM
wow, you are a monster.

redFury
09-15-2007, 01:50 PM
Nice work Fuzzy! Cleans look great... hard to believe you're 15... you look almost 20! ;)

Fuzzy
09-15-2007, 07:26 PM
Thanks guys!!!

HeavyBomber
09-15-2007, 07:32 PM
You're right dude, your power cleans are impressive. I wish I had been coached when I was young. You are going to be amazing when you get older. The olympic lifting program that you are involved with, do you have any that will qualify for international competition? I really think you could in the future. What's the story there?

chris mason
09-15-2007, 07:36 PM
Hey, just to clarify, I think you are a strength monster for your age!

Fuzzy
09-15-2007, 07:47 PM
You're right dude, your power cleans are impressive. I wish I had been coached when I was young. You are going to be amazing when you get older. The olympic lifting program that you are involved with, do you have any that will qualify for international competition? I really think you could in the future. What's the story there?

Thanks freakshow! See what i mean about the pull and catch? Much easier for you to see it. Im very proud of my technique, lol./

Well, i hope Ill be amazing to! Yes, we have 2 commonwealth champions at my gym (one in the 85s, other in the 105+@140kg bw) and both of them have done reasoably well at the olympic level.

Just gotta remember HB.... its gonna be hell playin catch up with roided Iranis and Russians.

As for potential international athletes, Im a heavyweight for life, wont go into thr supers so thats th 105s covered, a guy in the 69's, guy in the 77's, and 2 flyweights. Oh, and a massive kid whos gonna make a crazy super. We got a sick youth program going. Were still avery small state and gym though...

Fuzzy
09-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Hey, just to clarify, I think you are a strength monster for your age!

Thanks Chris.

Is there anyway I could get a cheaper sample order from AtLarge? Right now Im tossing it up between (in order of price) Biotest, Redbak (Aus), AtLarge and Gen-Tec (Aus)

Coach wants me to decide between you guys and Gen-tec. I honestly cant tell and am probably gonna bsse it on taste. heheh

RBB
09-15-2007, 10:13 PM
nice squatting there, fuzzy. i've gotta agree with chris on bouncing out of the hole, but i don't know **** about olympic lifting. do they actually teach you that as part of the technique? just be careful, and keep up the good work.

TwiloMike
09-15-2007, 10:38 PM
Most excellent work, young Fuzzy. :bow:

Fuzzy
09-16-2007, 12:47 AM
nice squatting there, fuzzy. i've gotta agree with chris on bouncing out of the hole, but i don't know **** about olympic lifting. do they actually teach you that as part of the technique? just be careful, and keep up the good work.

Yes, we get taught. I do admit I am not as controlled as I should be, but hey! Im working on it. You can always imrpove form on everything, from curls to snatches.

What is harder is learning to cheat safely and correctly.

and thanks man, mucho appreciated You to Twilo

-Superman-
09-16-2007, 02:32 AM
Come to the US and play football! Do you want to be rich or do you want to row? :D

Fuzzy
09-16-2007, 07:05 AM
You think I could go far in the sport.

I have very little understanding of it...

Money isnt a concern, Im content that I will probasbly live with my parents for a very long time as I train for the Olympics.

All the money in the world wouldent be worth one secons on the platform or medal podium

-Superman-
09-16-2007, 08:28 AM
You think I could go far in the sport.

I have very little understanding of it...

Money isnt a concern, Im content that I will probasbly live with my parents for a very long time as I train for the Olympics.

All the money in the world wouldent be worth one secons on the platform or medal podium

Dude, if you played HS football in the United States, you would be stronger and more built than like 90% of the players. I graduated from a high school that won the State Championship 2 years in a row and many people weren't not your size. I mean you are already stronger and bigger than most of us at this site, and most of us don't represent the average high school football player. For position that is a tough one. You could probably pick many positions from RB to lineman. I would look into it if I were you - seriously.

:thumbup:

crackerjack
09-16-2007, 09:01 AM
Ya, bro. You have fullback written all over you.

KevinStarke
09-16-2007, 10:56 AM
You're strength is really great especially for your age. The squat looked strong but you didn't look as tight as you could have been and your knee shakes in the whole made me a little uneasy. The RDL's weren't RDL's cause you were using leg drive but were still strong none the less, looked easy. Power clean form looked awesome.

gobbles
09-16-2007, 11:33 AM
I said it on BBig.com and I'll say it again fuzz, good stuff, but like said, watch that knee buddy

RhodeHouse
09-16-2007, 01:31 PM
1. Your hips are weak, that's why your knees come in.
2. Your RDL's are Deadlifts - the triple looked good. The single looked bad
3. You are strong - you are not indestructable, like you think. Be smart so you can enjoy a long lifting career

Fuzzy
09-16-2007, 04:22 PM
1. Your hips are weak, that's why your knees come in.
2. Your RDL's are Deadlifts - the triple looked good. The single looked bad
3. You are strong - you are not indestructable, like you think. Be smart so you can enjoy a long lifting career

1. Working on it!
2. I thought it was the other way around. I kept my legs much straighter o the single
3. Im 15, can you blame me? :p

Ok, my coach actually never told me to do max, just needed it, a few days ago I asked him if I ever would get to and he said 'when you become more stable mite let yo do a max double or something'

I did this because I just had to know, Ill be heading back to rock bottom weights and working form up again.

Thanks everyone!

KingJustin
09-16-2007, 04:38 PM
Your power clean form looked really awesome.

gobbles
09-16-2007, 04:39 PM
1. Working on it!
2. I thought it was the other way around. I kept my legs much straighter o the single
3. Im 15, can you blame me? :p

Ok, my coach actually never told me to do max, just needed it, a few days ago I asked him if I ever would get to and he said 'when you become more stable mite let yo do a max double or something'

I did this because I just had to know, Ill be heading back to rock bottom weights and working form up again.

Thanks everyone!

fuzz, with the o-lifting, what do you think your able to pull for a max?

tomv
09-16-2007, 10:25 PM
Nice music in the video man! Riot in Belgium - La Musique! Were you guys listening to Triple J or something? I didn't think they were played on anything else...

Solid power Clean form fuzzmeister, keep it up buttercup :D.

Invain
09-16-2007, 11:12 PM
When you win the 2020 olympics, make sure you give Wbb a shoutout!

You're the only 15 year old I'd ever say I'm scared of.

Fuzzy
09-17-2007, 04:04 AM
Haha, the master bulker scared of me? Thanks invain. I think I will, I reccomend this site to alot of people.. who knows, mite officially endorse it one day :P

KingJustin, Im very proud of my form :) Thanks.

Gobs, you mean deads? I have no idea, i think a clean 500lbs is doable (double overhand with straps) I ca tell yo however tha my strength has multiplied since starting O lifting.

Tommy thats not my usual gym, that my old gym.

Con
09-17-2007, 07:04 AM

Just watched the vid. Was curious as to how you know that?
Also, is quad involvement wanted in regular Deadlifts?

Stumprrp
09-17-2007, 09:33 AM
looking good fuzz, bit of discomfort on that squat but bottom line is it was ATF and you nailed it.

smalls
09-17-2007, 01:56 PM
You're strength is really great especially for your age. The squat looked strong but you didn't look as tight as you could have been and your knee shakes in the whole made me a little uneasy. The RDL's weren't RDL's cause you were using leg drive but were still strong none the less, looked easy. Power clean form looked awesome.

The knee coming in and the hip lateral movement was the first thing I noticed. Both movments seem to be there on most every rep right in the same place. Obviously not the worst thing, but it only takes one time. I would work on that. But obviously you are doing great, keep it up.

Con
09-17-2007, 01:59 PM
The knee coming in and the hip lateral movement was the first thing I noticed. Both movments seem to be there on most every rep right in the same place. Obviously not the worst thing, but it only takes one time. I would work on that. But obviously you are doing great, keep it up.

Im confused. In RDLS, are the knees supposed to stay at their original point?
What about in regular deadlifts?

Since you say he is using leg drive, are you also implying quad drive? Is quad involvement a sign of poor form with these movements?

smalls
09-17-2007, 02:14 PM
Sorry I was refering to the squats only.

But I believe the others who comment on the leg drive are saying just that, that he is turning it more into a more traditional deadlift by using too much quad involvement.

Fuzzy
09-17-2007, 04:19 PM
Ok... look at the RDL single compared to the triple, NO leg drive there.

Thanks smalls!!