PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Metal sizing

Franco
09-15-2007, 03:21 AM
I've recently ordered the Ace Pro Metal Briefs and the V-Type IPF Squatter directly from Metal based upon their sizing chart on the gometal.com page. The team over there have been extremely helpful and even though I've now given my stats the sizing still seems to be a tad off.

I've already returned the briefs once as they haven't fitted me, but even the new pair won't fit properly and that's using the suit slippers.

With the V-type I ordered a size 50 and not even this comes up all the way on me. I've had a few people assist me and I can only get one of the straps onto my delts and the other...well let's just say it won't even come up.

Has anyone else had issues with the sizing?

Could you list your weight and the size that has given you the best fit?

For reference I'm around 195 at 5" 5.

Thanks

jtteg_x
09-15-2007, 03:37 AM
ill chime in here and say metal sizing isnt right for me neither.

im 200lb at 5'7" with fairly large thighs (where most of my weight is). i wore the metal ipf squat suit in size 50 which fit snug like a meet/regular fit on the thighs but the straps were too loose on me. i exchanged for a size 48 in the same suit. now, it wont go up my thighs and way tighter for 1 size down.

from now on, im sticking with titan for single ply gear. if i need double, their squat and deadlift suits have adjustable straps which i would love.

Bako Lifter
09-15-2007, 12:28 PM
I'm in a size 48. I'm 170 lbs and 5'7". Quads are about 24 inches at the widest point.

I can get into it by myself in like 2 minutes and the straps fit perfectly.

deeder
09-15-2007, 01:28 PM
ill chime in here and say metal sizing isnt right for me neither.

im 200lb at 5'7" with fairly large thighs (where most of my weight is). i wore the metal ipf squat suit in size 50 which fit snug like a meet/regular fit on the thighs but the straps were too loose on me. i exchanged for a size 48 in the same suit. now, it wont go up my thighs and way tighter for 1 size down.

from now on, im sticking with titan for single ply gear. if i need double, their squat and deadlift suits have adjustable straps which i would love.

48 is two sizes less than 50. And yes... You can get a 49. Or you could get a 49.5 or a 48.5 or any other number of customizations (for only 10$ more I believe).

I've had no problem with my metal suits so far.

RhodeHouse
09-15-2007, 03:45 PM
Go a size up and you'll have to have the straps adjusted. Welcome to fitting PL gear

jtteg_x
09-15-2007, 07:37 PM
48 is two sizes less than 50. And yes... You can get a 49. Or you could get a 49.5 or a 48.5 or any other number of customizations (for only 10$ more I believe).

I've had no problem with my metal suits so far.

i order thru elitefts. they have that option available?

WillKuenzel
09-15-2007, 07:57 PM
You boys are in a 48 and 50? I'm 5'10" 230lbs and I'm in a 50 in a Pro Squatter and it's loose.

I'll wear some spandex Underarmour underneath it all for training. Makes it really easy for getting the suit up. Or baby powder. Suit slippers can help but it's always easier with the spandex undies. Hanging from the rack helps.

Chris Rodgers
09-17-2007, 03:58 PM
What size Ace briefs did you get? I wear a size 40, that I can get on easily by myself. I bought a size 38, but they were just too damn tight.

I squeezed myself into a size 46 IPF Metal Squatter the other day. I had to cut the leg openings slightly to get them up the last few inches. That's about as tight as I would ever wear a suit. The straps weren't crazy tight, but the legs were!

You can always get an oversized suit and have it pinched down to size. Lucky for me a few training partners went out and got sewing machines to do this. Or you can bring it to a shoemaker and let them know what you need done.

TommyBoy
09-17-2007, 04:35 PM
I had the opposite problem at first. I ordered a size 58 viking briefs, and they were big enough for 2 people. I sent it back for a 56 and that was perfect. I think it also comes down to personal preference; some like their suits tighter than others.

Franco
09-18-2007, 03:36 AM
I initially ordered the size 38, though there was no chance of this fitting me. I sent that back to Metal in Finland and they sent me 40, which was still far to small. I've asked them to now send me a 44 and see how that fits me.

I was going to order a size 44 brief as I feel that 42 would still be to small.

In regards to the suit, I can't see a size 52 fitting either.

Franco
10-20-2007, 06:53 AM
I finally received the size 54 suit today and that fits perfectly.

Chubrock
10-20-2007, 07:05 AM
I picked up a pair of Metal Briefs. I'm somewhat tall and small, so I went with the 36. It was at the bottom of the recommended size as far as the sizing chart. It wouldn't even come close to getting to my ass. I tried for 20 minutes and couldn't get the top to my ass. Returned it for a 38, which was better but I still couldn't get it any higher than halfway up my hips. I just picked up a 40 and it seems to be what I need. I tried it on with some boxers and after struggling I was able to get it all but the last couple of inches. Once I put on some spandex I should be able to slide in it. My hips just seem to be too wide for anything smaller. Hopefully the legs will fit decently.

Guido
10-22-2007, 11:08 AM
I just got a Metal IPF V-Type Squatter in a size 50 and it fit fine. The legs are pretty tight and the straps are too tight for me to get on without help, but it fits perfectly. Everybody carries their weight a little differently which is why it's going to vary. If you want something that fits perfectly, you have to be willing to pay for a customized suit or a tailor, IMHO.

Lones Green
10-22-2007, 05:39 PM
I just got a Metal IPF V-Type Squatter in a size 50 and it fit fine. The legs are pretty tight and the straps are too tight for me to get on without help, but it fits perfectly. Everybody carries their weight a little differently which is why it's going to vary. If you want something that fits perfectly, you have to be willing to pay for a customized suit or a tailor, IMHO.

good call guido. i just got my size 58 v-type squatter, and i tried getting it on for 15 minutes today. the bottom half of the suit fits tight with a lot of work, but only one strap goes over my delt. i'm gonna try one more time tonight, but i might have to send back and get a 60. the problem is i'm 6'2. tommy wears a 58 in the same suit and he weighs 30 lbs more than me.