PDA

View Full Version : 314lbs @18.9%BF

RhodeHouse
09-15-2007, 03:38 PM
I was alone in my shower with a daydream of Britney Spears getting ready to service me, and, the stupid bulking thread popped into my head. Needless to say my "daydream" was ruined by you skinny crybabies. (please get the sarcasm)

I started my weight gain at 292 and 18.5% BF. Now, I am 314@18.9% BF. Stay with me on this one. Especially you guys that pride yourself and live you weightlifting life by numbers. Get out your slide rules, calculators, percentage charts, and all the other $hit you use to waste your time, instaed of lifting.

Before I give you my findings, let me say that I'm SO embarrassed that I didn't figure this out earlier. But, in my defense, I'm just a dumb, fat powerlifter that doesn't read and gives bad advice. And, I wsn't very good in math class. That's no excuse, though.

As I reread some of the posts, it did confuse me a little bit - how did I only gain 1/10 of a % on my total bodyfat? How did I put on 22lbs of almost pure muscle? I couldn't quite put my finger on it. And, today, well, you heard about my shower scene.

Here's the question that pose to you numbers, calculators and % guys.

Is 18% of 292 and 18% of 314 the same number?

Let's do some basic math
18.5% of 292 = 54.2
18.9% of 314 = 59.346 (as of this morning)

If we look at the numbers, numbers guys, we can see that I gained about 5lbs of fat. Still, very impressive, if I do say so my damn self.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, for all of you guys that can't do basic math, and, all you guys that said this is "utterly impossible", and "...not even if I took Deca, test, d-bol...", and for those that called "BULL$HIT"...

SUCK IT!

Cirino83
09-15-2007, 03:41 PM
hahahahah

man if I was in the shower thinking about anyone (def not Britney though) I wouldn't care if 5 WBB people were in the bathroom tellin me I didn't do this and that. I'd worry about it after :)

Bako Lifter
09-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Woot!

RedSpikeyThing
09-15-2007, 04:08 PM
gaining 22 lbs and maintaining the same bodyfat is still impressive Rhodes, especially at your size. Congrats!

Teutates
09-15-2007, 04:35 PM
A bit less than 19% BF is fat? Posh I say. If you weigh that much and are that damn strong, let somebody tell you to your face that you are fat. ;) Anyway, isn't that pretty much average BF % for a guy? Non fat-ass american average (which is probably like 25%). Just think though, for an American, you are skinny.

Questor
09-15-2007, 04:43 PM
Rock on Rhodes.

I just got done with my own personal experience of a See Food Bulk, and it put on on some muscle, but I also got ugly fat.

:(

Works better for some than others, I guess.

... Not that I"m going to stop my bulk. LOL. By golly I'm going to keep at it. I'll deal with the belly later.

Shankerr
09-15-2007, 05:12 PM
I kill the sea good bulk... as long as I get enough protein in, anything else goes

redFury
09-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Very Impressive man! Gotta love the haters :p. On a serious note, rhodes... how much have your lifts changed in that time?

Stumprrp
09-15-2007, 10:47 PM
damn man, thats awesome! its now my bulk was when i went from 195 - 220, i put on about 5 lbs of fat and 20 of muscle.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
09-16-2007, 12:01 AM
I don't doubt you, considering that you squat baby elephants...and then eat them afterward.

Stumprrp
09-16-2007, 09:54 AM
the question is Sir Rhodes, what kind of food did you eat? chicken tuna and protien shakes? HAHA.

HahnB
09-16-2007, 09:59 AM
I don't think he seems to get it. All we were saying was that his method of weight gain is less than ideal for a body builder. His original claim was his body fat didn't increase at all, that's why people were calling him out.

pbal17
09-16-2007, 10:06 AM
thats very impressive and at 314 you must be the size of my kitchen

RhodeHouse
09-16-2007, 10:31 AM
I don't think he seems to get it. All we were saying was that his method of weight gain is less than ideal for a body builder. His original claim was his body fat didn't increase at all, that's why people were calling him out.

No, I didn't claim my bodyfat didn't increase. I said the % only went up 1/10. Big difference. I think I like the fact that you don't like me or the way I get things done. I feel like a celebrity of sorts. You're like my Star magazine.

As far as my lifts going up in that time, I haven't really tested my 1RM on any lifts, so I'm not sure. I know I feel great when I squat. It's gonna hurt my DL because I'll have trouble getting down to the bar and getting my hips set. It should help my bench a whole lot.

My biggest struggle right now is dealing with feeling lethargic. It'll take me a month or so to get used to carrying all the weight. I just want to lay down and close my eyes all the time. I don't think I'll be trying to put on much more. My squat suit is TIGHT! Or, I'm fat. I like to think it's the suit, not me.

Read the Bulking thread that started all this to see what I ate 95% of the time.

TommyBoy
09-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Rhodes, you're my hero.

RhodeHouse
09-16-2007, 11:31 AM
TommyBoy - you're mine

VikingWarlord
09-16-2007, 12:27 PM
Sounds like a good deal. Good work.

smalls
09-16-2007, 04:51 PM
Rhodes have you ever had your bodyfat tested with a dexa, bodpod or hydrostatic weighing method.

I think motivating people that they can go above and beyond their expectations and expecially beyond others is great, so in that your very helpfull to the youngsters here. And I dont think your lying, I just dont think you understand the fact that, undigested food, water and glycogen dont get well accounted for in a skinfold test, and that heavily muscled people already dont fit into the equations. The highest I have ever been calipered was 11.7%, multiple occasions multiple people. But I certainly didnt beleive it just because they pinched me at that.

Your an extremely strong individual. But I honestly think your ability to lift heavy weights matches your internal demand for attention and drama.

I'll agree with you in 3 more posts bro, lol. Your a good guy dont get me wrong, i'm just not gonna kiss ass when I disagree like the rest of the followers.

RhodeHouse
09-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Smalls - think what you will about me and my "need for drama". Some look at it as arrogance and close-mindedness. It's simply the fact that I know I'm right. Nothing more, nothing less.

I haven't done hydrostatic since college. I don't care if I'm higher or lower. Based on the info I do have, I didn't gain much, and that's what's really important.

Holto
09-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Get out your slide rules, calculators, percentage charts, and all the other $hit you use to waste your time

I think this is what bothers me the most about your immature antics.

Do you really think we don't spend enough time in the gym?

Do you really think you train harder than us?

Does having the intellectual capacity to learn about the body preclude us from being absolutely hardcore lifters?

When we're done lifting for the day and were waiting for some food to cook, we are so dedicated to our bodies that we spend that time learning how it functions so we can perform and gain even better.

RhodeHouse
09-16-2007, 07:52 PM
I think this is what bothers me the most about your immature antics.

Do you really think we don't spend enough time in the gym?

Do you really think you train harder than us?

Does having the intellectual capacity to learn about the body preclude us from being absolutely hardcore lifters?

When we're done lifting for the day and were waiting for some food to cook, we are so dedicated to our bodies that we spend that time learning how it functions so we can perform and gain even better.

Stop crying! I know you work hard. I don't train harder. I'm smarter. It's that simple. Immature antics or not. I know how to get the job done. Simple as that.

Your last sentence sums up most of your problems. Paralysis by analysis. For any further questions or comments, read the last line of my original post.

smalls
09-16-2007, 09:24 PM
I haven't done hydrostatic since college. I don't care if I'm higher or lower. Based on the info I do have, I didn't gain much, and that's what's really important.

This I completely agree with. The thing is, that's not what this post is about. YOUR the one who did the math to show how right you were. Then you admit your measurment techniques could be off but you dont care.

We can both agree that making progress in your own goals is what's important. Insulting people simply because they pride themselves in making progress in realms other than lifting weights is where we differ.

RhodeHouse
09-16-2007, 10:32 PM
This I completely agree with. The thing is, that's not what this post is about. YOUR the one who did the math to show how right you were. Then you admit your measurment techniques could be off but you dont care.

We can both agree that making progress in your own goals is what's important. Insulting people simply because they pride themselves in making progress in realms other than lifting weights is where we differ.

I am right, though. I'm sure each pwerson on here measures their BF with what they have available. With what I have available, my math is correct.

I'm not insulting anyone and their goals. I believe that BBing is a tougher endevour than PLing. It may take more mental toughness to get under a weight that could kill you, but I would also argue, that it may take more toughness to cut for a show.

I posted my results and a handful of guys called BS on me. Told me it was impossible and all that ****. Well, it's possible if you put your mind to it. I took the time to do the math because I needed to see it for myself. What I don't get, is how a bunch of "small" people who want to get bigger, refuse to listen to someone that once "small". I started lifting at about 185lbs, 14 years ago. Now, I'm 314. I listened to the guys that looked like I do now, and it got me here. I realize that a BBer doesn't want to get fat. But, sometimes, you just gotta put your eating face on and get fat. The cut may suck, but you'll be left with a whole buttload of new muscle.

So, I'm not insulting anyone and their efforts or goals. Maybe I'll put some half-naked pictures on here so you guys can tell me how fat I am. I'll call you skinny and you can call me Fatty McButter Pants.

The whole point of the original post was to see if bulking is as easy as it seems. It is. And, there are many ways to do it. I will always say that GFH is the way to go. Cut the fat off later. That's the whole point of a "bulk". Losing fat is easier than gaining weight any day. You young guys should be psyched that you can still gain without resorting to crappy food and crazy heavy cream shakes.

You can agree or disagree with me. I know I'm right. Just like you know you're right.

Chubrock
09-16-2007, 11:08 PM
\ I'll call you skinny and you can call me Fatty McButter Pants.

Thought I was the only one that used this term. Oh yea..."one tubby, tubby, tubby, two tubby, tubby, tubby."

TommyBoy
09-16-2007, 11:15 PM
I will always say that GFH is the way to go.
Well f****n' said! You're still my hero.

GFH baby!!

<TommyBoy inhales a baconator>

smalls
09-17-2007, 12:50 AM
I am right, though. I'm sure each pwerson on here measures their BF with what they have available. With what I have available, my math is correct.

I'm not insulting anyone and their goals. I believe that BBing is a tougher endevour than PLing. It may take more mental toughness to get under a weight that could kill you, but I would also argue, that it may take more toughness to cut for a show.

I posted my results and a handful of guys called BS on me. Told me it was impossible and all that ****. Well, it's possible if you put your mind to it. I took the time to do the math because I needed to see it for myself. What I don't get, is how a bunch of "small" people who want to get bigger, refuse to listen to someone that once "small". I started lifting at about 185lbs, 14 years ago. Now, I'm 314. I listened to the guys that looked like I do now, and it got me here. I realize that a BBer doesn't want to get fat. But, sometimes, you just gotta put your eating face on and get fat. The cut may suck, but you'll be left with a whole buttload of new muscle.

So, I'm not insulting anyone and their efforts or goals. Maybe I'll put some half-naked pictures on here so you guys can tell me how fat I am. I'll call you skinny and you can call me Fatty McButter Pants.

The whole point of the original post was to see if bulking is as easy as it seems. It is. And, there are many ways to do it. I will always say that GFH is the way to go. Cut the fat off later. That's the whole point of a "bulk". Losing fat is easier than gaining weight any day. You young guys should be psyched that you can still gain without resorting to crappy food and crazy heavy cream shakes.

You can agree or disagree with me. I know I'm right. Just like you know you're right.

Pretty good post overall. See every 4th post like you said, lol. I understand the idea of bulking past how fat you would ideally want to be in order to attain your goals. And most of the time your are great about not insulting others goals, but insulting others intelligence seems to be becoming an issue.

But I gotta disagree with "resorting to crappy food" especially these young kids on here just starting out, they have hardly any base to work with, pushin barely there own bodyweight talking about eating everything in sight cuz there PL'rs and dont give ****, give me a break. I call it laziness, period. And you have posted what you eat so I know you dont normally eat that bad, you just like to indulge when you need to. Which is fine, but 16 year olds livin off fast food cuz they think they have a time consuming schedule and after all, there powerlifters anyway? I've eaten 8400 cals consistantly without fail for months and my diet was still bodybuilder clean everyday, while attending college full time, working full time and applying to graduate school. And I dont talk about eating clean like it's magic, I have to because I have genetically piss poor cholesterol levels and my BP skyrockets unless I keep hold of my diet. So a bunch of kids throwing their health in harms way to push numbers in their local high school seems a bit much. Basically i'm saying I think it's sad that eating ****ty gets applauded because kids think getting up 315 means something. I think Dave Tate's recent realization is a good example. I'm 26 so him being 38 is a lot more real to me than some of these guys. I started at 140 and have been 251, I have vericosity's and impaired venous return due to being heavier than my body wanted to be (obviously genetics play a role in venous integrity, but the point remains the same). Sometimes I think people need to take a step back and look at the big picture, that's all.

And I realize you say your blood tests and all levels always come back great. Which I envy you for, but that doesnt mean others here arent going to have problems.

smokinHawk
09-17-2007, 07:01 AM
i dont care who you are but if you think Britney spears is hot, you need your eyes checked.

brihead301
09-17-2007, 07:17 AM
Hey man, you got any before and after pics? I'm interested in seeing this 18-day transformation. I don't agree nor disagree with your claim of gaining 22 lbs in 18 days, while only increasing your body fat by 1/10 of a %. While not very common among most people, nothing's impossible.

RhodeHouse
09-17-2007, 06:46 PM
Smalls - I agree with you whole-heartedly about the health issues. I always fail to include the fact that general health is huge. I truly believe that I get away with it because it's only for short periods of time. If it was a daily habit, I know it would catch up with me.

I agree about young kids as well. But, if they do read this site, or any other, they will always hear about eating "right" and staying away from fast food. My fast food pitch is geared toward the more advanced guy who may have a legitimate problem gaining weight. It's my last resort when I hit a plateau. I'm not very good about expressing it in that way.

Whoever asked for pictures - none. i wish I had thought of it before I gained the weight. I would be interested to see how much my physique changed. A co-worker said I looked like I was leaning out. I think he might be hitting on me. I feel I've eaten Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter dinner all at once. But, I can still see Capt. Winky, so that's reassuring. I'll probably get some picture from the contest. I'll post my fat ass in all it's bloated glory. Then you guys can have a field day on me.

drew
09-18-2007, 05:02 AM
It's just because u r on teh roidz.

GHEY!

live2lift
09-18-2007, 05:07 AM
But, I can still see Capt. Winky, so that's reassuring. I'll probably get some picture from the contest. I'll post my fat ass in all it's bloated glory. Then you guys can have a field day on me.

Sounds like a new bulking diet to me. "Eat till ya cant see Capt. Winky" diet.

Congrats on the gains though. Very impressive.

Holto
09-18-2007, 11:09 AM
Then you guys can have a field day on me.

We wouldn't have a field day on you because you are training & dieting to achieve your goals. You're not training to enhance your physique, you're training to enhance your strength.

Your goals are diametrically opposed to about 90% of the members here.

I think he might be hitting on me.

LOL...

redFury
09-18-2007, 11:33 AM
Rhodes... you are a crazy hardcore son of a gun, and I greatly appreciate it. Keep up the great stuff! :thumbup:

RhodeHouse
09-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Crazy - I buy. Hardcore? I appreciate that.