PDA

View Full Version : will i gain?

fishfinger
09-16-2007, 01:08 PM
hi guys

can you help me out? i began training 6 months ago and im starting to get into it

can you look over my diet and let me know if its ok for bulking up and adding as much muscle as poss? i have been reading around different places and come up with this diet for me to use

i am 20 and weigh about 160lbs

8am wake, 1 apple, 4 wholemeal toast 6 egg whites and 2 eggs, fried
10am basmati rice & chicken, a cup full of mixed veg
12pm basmati rice & chicken, a cup full of mixed veg
2pm before gym: basmati rice & chicken
3pm train
4pm 40g whey concentrate, 40g dextrose, 40g maltodextrin
5pm 6 egg whites and 2 eggs, fried, on wholemeal bread, cup of veg
8pm 200g mince beef with basmati rice again

RhodeHouse
09-16-2007, 01:21 PM
It looks fine. Others will give you more detailed advice. My advice to ANYONE gaining weight is to eat. If you ever get hungry, you're not eating enough.

As for your choices, they look fine. Get some variety. After 2-3 days, you're never gonna want to eat chicken again.

Beef
Peanut Butter
Milk
Pork

RedSpikeyThing
09-16-2007, 01:37 PM
My advice to ANYONE gaining weight is to eat. If you ever get hungry, you're not eating enough.

very true

VikingWarlord
09-16-2007, 01:58 PM
Looks good for the most part, but you will want to change it up as RhodeHouse said.

Out of curiosity, any reason you're going with Basmati rice? I know that around here, that stuff's pretty expensive as compared to regular long grain rice.

When you actually start, measure what you're eating and track it. The standard is FitDay (www.fitday.com). That way, you can get some numbers to work with. If you don't gain or gain too fast, you can actually see which way to adjust it.

The only thing I'd suggest is make sure your post workout drink is taken within 45 minutes of the end of your session. The composition of it looks good, though you probably don't actually need 40g of protein right then. Won't make that much of a difference overall except when having to buy more whey.

1ManRiot
09-17-2007, 01:39 PM
Looks alright that mate, main thing I would add is to eat fresh fish and/or supplement with fish oils so to bump your ω3 intake.

Peanut Butter
Useful for increasing fat intake, but not a staple item by any stretch of the imagination.

RedSpikeyThing
09-17-2007, 02:02 PM
Useful for increasing fat intake, but not a staple item by any stretch of the imagination.

why not?

1ManRiot
09-17-2007, 02:09 PM
^ Very rich in omega 9, not needed.

Source fats from red meat, olive oil, fish, maybe flax, coconut oil, so on.

Don't get me wrong, it has its place and I like the stuff, but it isn't needed.

1ManRiot
09-17-2007, 02:33 PM
n6 to n3 is 33:1!! Thats a hell of a lot of fish oil to knock it back in kilter!
http://www.manitobaharvest.com/images/upload/comparison-of-fats.gif

RedSpikeyThing
09-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Don't get me wrong, it has its place and I like the stuff, but it isn't needed.
Not needed, right. Good on a bulk? Hell yeah