PDA

View Full Version : Cravings

BigCorey75
09-16-2007, 07:33 PM
How do you guys handle cravings?

i mean i used to have a major vice which was alcohol, but now i havent had a drink in over a month and i think im good at handling that one. But now since ive stopped drinking i now get sugar cravings. When im working out these are easily handled. I just crack open a diet soda have a few sips and the cravings go away.

now this week i took a week off to let my back heal up a bit and what i normally do is dont count carbs and such but i just make sure i dont eat as much, but for like the last three or four days ive been having killer sugar cravings. im not gonna lie i gave into them at times, more than i want.

I want to know is there anything i can do top ward off these cravings or is it just something i will have to enact will power and deny myself these until these cravings leave and juts over come it or is there a few things you all can reccommend to help with this??

thanks in advance

WBBIRL
09-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Ha I have those same cravings, but not just for sugar. I crave EVERYTHING at random odd times.

I just feel like I want to hit that fridge like its a 120 pound RB coming through a gap in the O line.

VikingWarlord
09-16-2007, 07:40 PM
I can usually kill sugar cravings with an apple or a banana. If that doesn't work, green tea with honey will do it. It's a pretty small amount of sugar as compared to a candy bar or something.

mikey4402
09-16-2007, 07:58 PM
make some homemade protein bars. they help me when i want someting sweet. http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=27852&highlight=mikey%27s (halfway down i have a recipe)
Drinking water sometimes helps as well.

Bikkstah
09-16-2007, 07:59 PM
Willpower.

Or caffeine.

syntekz
09-16-2007, 08:56 PM
Did you go out and buy food that you gave it to your cravings with or were they already in the house?

I actually ask my family to keep certain things out of the house or I will even bring foods in to work if we have left overs that I don't want to eat myself.

RhodeHouse
09-16-2007, 09:11 PM
Get your protein up. High protein will curb sugar cravings.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
09-16-2007, 09:29 PM
Protein also takes the most calories to metabolize, so high protein is great for cutting.

Sumorai
09-16-2007, 10:23 PM
Hi, I'm not exactly the best person to tell you how to deal with cravings(I am rather fat, afterall) but here is a quote that I found a while ago and I really like it. You may find it helpful.

If you listen to and you do what and when evil wants you to do, evil owns you. If you say for evil ok Iíll do it, "just let me have 5 minutes before doing it" you are still his friend, but he does not own you.

-Naftali Tzvi Labin of Ziditshov, the Zidichover Rebbe

Built
09-17-2007, 02:47 AM
Try increasing your fats. Also, you can puree cottage cheese with a little cocoa and some splenda (http://builtblog.wikidbody.com/2007/05/02/cottage-cheese-goo/)and it kinda tastes like cheesecake - but it's mostly just protein.

Built
09-17-2007, 02:50 AM
http://builtblog.wikidbody.com/2007/04/30/chocolate-soft-serve-protein-ice-cream/

I do something similar. The addition of gelatine makes it really satisfying, too.

BigCorey75
09-17-2007, 11:06 PM
hmmm good tips guys, keep'em coming

Stumprrp
09-17-2007, 11:57 PM
i wish this stuff worked for me, when i hit the cottege cheese i end up eating the whole tub =(