PDA

View Full Version : Chubs In All His Smallness

Chubrock
09-17-2007, 07:25 PM
Hadn't posted anything new lately. Strung a couple of clips from the last two workouts together. I'm small, and white. Be warned. You also might not want to cut the volume up too high. I didn't mute any of the music.

As far as the clips go. The first two are 225 pulls. Working on ironing out my form. As you can see my legs are pretty long compared to my Trex arms. Any input is appreciated, as long as you know what you're talking about. If you spend the majority of your time curling, don't bother. The other clips include 105lbs One Arm DB Rows (weight of handle not included), 225lbs x 4 BP and some 105lbs strict OH pressing. There's a variety of clips showing my weak lifts, and some of my even weaker lifts.

Oh yea, on the benching clip; I know my hips get loose and start moving around. Isaac, if you see this, I know I'm folding under like you told me not to. Not sure if it's the fact that I unracked it by myself off that high ass rack, and didn't feel stable or what, but I'm working on it.

oYICLOs9nTo

cphafner
09-17-2007, 07:31 PM
I'm glad you kept your shirt on at the meet! :clown:

Bench form looks great (but what do I know).

Chubrock
09-17-2007, 07:43 PM
Hahaha, I'm at the beach man, whatcha expect?

Herandi
09-18-2007, 02:26 AM
nice setup you got there!

getfit
09-18-2007, 03:14 AM
nice setup you got there!

I agree.Looking good Chubs.

Chubrock
09-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Thank ya. The setup that I was benching off blows. I don't have near the equipment down here at school that I do back home. The bench isn't very stable so it gets difficult to stay tight when I bench.

pbal17
09-18-2007, 01:57 PM
story of the year, haha that was a good cd. good lifting also

Bako Lifter
09-18-2007, 04:59 PM
You don't wait down there that long on heavy pulls do you?

Nice job tucking the elbows on the bench. You should probably try and pinch the shoulders back more, and instead of pressing out of the rack, pull it out forward. When you press it out your arch pretty much goes away and all of your tightness disapears.

Chubrock
09-18-2007, 07:07 PM
You don't wait down there that long on heavy pulls do you?

Nice job tucking the elbows on the bench. You should probably try and pinch the shoulders back more, and instead of pressing out of the rack, pull it out forward. When you press it out your arch pretty much goes away and all of your tightness disapears.

I usually lift with a spotter, so I don't normally unrack anything myself. As for the benching, I wasn't really trying to tuck the elbows. As a raw lifter, thanks to Isaac, I'm finding that I'm stronger if I keep my elbows, wrists and forearms inline. The pulling was definitely not like I'd like to have it. I don't want to spend much time down at the bottom but I wanted the camera to pick up all the different movements I was having and see if there was any point where I kept a good arch.

Blade55
09-18-2007, 07:36 PM
Do you have gyno? :confused:

Chubrock
09-18-2007, 07:39 PM
I'm sure I do have some. I used to be really fat. I also have a fairly thick chest (bone to bone) so it makes it come off worse.

Blade55
09-19-2007, 02:34 PM
Hmm, you would think that would have been lost on a good cut eating a very clean diet?

Chubrock
09-19-2007, 03:31 PM
If it's true Gyno, it isn't going anywhere without surgery. I've cut down decently in the past and it didn't go completely away. I'm not worried with cutting down right now so I'm not going worry with it until I hit some low bf and it's still hanging around.

Blade55
09-20-2007, 06:41 PM
If it's not gyno, I'm sure if you do that UD2.0 cut everyone is talking about it'll be gone. :p

Chubrock
09-20-2007, 06:54 PM
I've done UD2.0 in the past. Didn't follow it long enough to hit single digit bf. Not worried about it right now.

Patz
09-23-2007, 09:11 AM
Doing rows with a cinder block is a great idea. That's one more thing I can check off my list to complete my own setup, if I can ever get a place to set it all back up again..lol

Good lifts, overall.

FighterInSnatch
09-23-2007, 09:31 AM
You are one lean machine my friend. Good job on the lifts you look hardcore.:)

Chubrock
09-23-2007, 09:43 AM
EL- Haha thanks man. I've got to make due with what I've got.

Fighter- If lean=skinny, then you sir are correct lol. Thanks.

muddyz
10-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Sorry if this sound like a silly question (i'm a beginner); Why do you curve your back that much on the bench press?

WBBIRL
10-01-2007, 01:21 PM
Sorry if this sound like a silly question (i'm a beginner); Why do you curve your back that much on the bench press?

Thats called an arch and its a very legal way to "cheat" on a benchpress.

Most of the skinner people do it to level the playing field with the heavier lifters who don't have an arch but wrather a mound (like I do) to help with the ROM. The smarter big boys use it as well, to get the best of both worlds. A shorter range of motion allows for a bigger lift, and the shortest distance between two points is a straight line.

Barcelona
10-02-2007, 01:18 AM
Do you have gyno? :confused:

whats that?

SW
10-02-2007, 08:51 PM
whats that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gynecomastia

Your form, for the most part, is great. You are pretty lean almost everywhere.
But, as a friend man, you getting set for deadlifting makes me want to poke my eyes out with a fork.

Then again, I'm not known for my patience.

ngrova
10-06-2007, 02:50 PM
please, please stop bending your back that much when you bench. it does alter the muscles you use while benching to help you get a few more pounds out of it, but it jacks the chances of you getting hurt through the roof.

Chubrock
10-07-2007, 08:30 PM
please, please stop bending your back that much when you bench. it does alter the muscles you use while benching to help you get a few more pounds out of it, but it jacks the chances of you getting hurt through the roof.

Terrible first post.

redFury
10-07-2007, 09:09 PM

This is not correct. :D

1mmort4l
10-07-2007, 09:22 PM

lol, great first post.. :hump: ^^ :newbie:

Bench looked alright Chub. good job. Speed seems to be a possible weakness there though. Do you do much speed work?

deeder
10-08-2007, 12:14 AM
You should get a video of your deadlift from the front if possible. I think that stance is too wide for your flexibility and that's why you're having trouble sitting back and keeping your back arched.

Try a slightly narrower stance for a few reps and see how it feels..

Chubrock
10-08-2007, 06:29 AM
You should get a video of your deadlift from the front if possible. I think that stance is too wide for your flexibility and that's why you're having trouble sitting back and keeping your back arched.

Try a slightly narrower stance for a few reps and see how it feels..

I toyed with that for a couple of sessions but I've gone back to the wider pulling, mainly for one reason. If I alter my form to match my flexibility, I'm never going to get any more flexible. I'll just keep altering everything else around in order to progress. Instead, I'm really starting to focus on my flexibility so we'll see how things go.

deeder
10-08-2007, 11:11 AM
I toyed with that for a couple of sessions but I've gone back to the wider pulling, mainly for one reason. If I alter my form to match my flexibility, I'm never going to get any more flexible. I'll just keep altering everything else around in order to progress. Instead, I'm really starting to focus on my flexibility so we'll see how things go.

I disagree... Bringing your feet back in and slowly working your way back out to your wide stance over a month or two will be MUCH better for your flexibility IMO. As it is right now you are not in a great position and your hips are coming up really fast. You need to learn to really sit back into it and "squeeze" the bar off the floor rather than yank it.. If that makes any sense...

Chubrock
10-08-2007, 11:24 AM
I disagree... Bringing your feet back in and slowly working your way back out to your wide stance over a month or two will be MUCH better for your flexibility IMO. As it is right now you are not in a great position and your hips are coming up really fast. You need to learn to really sit back into it and "squeeze" the bar off the floor rather than yank it.. If that makes any sense...

I definitely agree on the squeezing the bar off the floor. There are some other things that I've been neglecting as well.

RhodeHouse
10-08-2007, 02:43 PM
Bench - set-up is ok. Keep your hips up thru the whole lift. That's a function of flexing your glutes and driving your feet into the ground.

Get the bar down faster
Keep your head on the bench
When you press, you need to really drive the feet into the ground

EAT SOMETHING!

Chubrock
10-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Bench - set-up is ok. Keep your hips up thru the whole lift. That's a function of flexing your glutes and driving your feet into the ground.

Get the bar down faster
Keep your head on the bench
When you press, you need to really drive the feet into the ground

EAT SOMETHING!

Appreciate it Rhodes, and I'm definitely working on the last statement.