PDA

View Full Version : alcohol

colfman20
09-18-2007, 02:32 AM
so ive been trying to cut .... how bad is it if i drink once a week and add the calories...?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
09-18-2007, 02:56 AM
Moderation is fine and once a week is not going to kill you. Just don't overdo it. How much are you drinking when you do drink?

colfman20
09-18-2007, 04:46 AM
i dont have a drinkin prob what so ever i just turned 21 and i live downtown memphis so its just an age thing yano but i know i can cut it to once a week and i would only drink that night tonight i drank but i didnt exceed my calorie target which is another >? how many cals should i cut when i cut? i took my weight multiplied it by 12 and subtracted 20%?

theravingphycho
09-18-2007, 04:58 AM
alcohol blunts lipolysis (fat loss) a few drinks will be ok but your progress will not be as quick as if you knocked it on the head. Alcohol carries 7 cals per gram :)

Also dont get too bogged down on figures just decrease your portion sizes on your meals till your weight goes down, if it goes down too quickly up your meal sizes.

mikey4402
09-18-2007, 08:00 AM
your 21 go ahead and drink!

...with moderation

Teutates
09-18-2007, 11:04 AM
from <link> (http://www.stopaddiction.com/alcoholism/alcoholism-symptoms/alcohol-metabolism)

Although alcohol has a relatively high caloric value, 7.1 Calories per gram (as a point of reference, 1 gram of carbohydrate contains 4.5 Calories, and 1 gram of fat contains 9 Calories), alcohol consumption does not necessarily result in increased body weight. An analysis of data collected from the first National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES I) found that although drinkers had significantly higher intakes of total calories than nondrinkers, drinkers were not more obese than nondrinkers. In fact, women drinkers had significantly lower body weight than nondrinkers. As alcohol intake among men increased, their body weight decreased. An analysis of data from the second National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES II) and other large national studies found similar results for women, although the relationship between drinking and body weight for men isinconsistent. Although moderate doses of alcohol added to the diets of lean men and women do not seem to lead to weight gain, some studies have reported weight gain when alcohol is added to the diets of overweight persons.

When chronic heavy drinkers substitute alcohol for carbohydrates in their diets, they lose weight and weigh less than their nondrinking counterparts. Furthermore, when chronic heavy drinkers add alcohol to an otherwise normal diet, they do not gain weight.

Interesting article, but I vote in moderation. Personally I love beer and wine, but I have vowed to limit myself to once a week, and even then in moderation.

Cirino83
09-18-2007, 12:31 PM
your 21. unless you are training to step on stage soon, go out and enjoy life. drink, have fun, have sex with girls (if that's your thing). If your that worried about the diet then drink bicardi/diet coke. I'm not saying drink every night, but drinking on the weekends certainly won't be too detrimental.

korexite
09-20-2007, 02:17 PM
alcohol blunts lipolysis, increases estrogen and inhibits protein synthesis. one drink is not considered detrimental.

I reccomend taking sesapure with alcohol, increases metabolism of harmful metabolites and mediates some of the metabolic impacts. Especially when over indulging.