PDA

View Full Version : How low do you keep your carbs.

cujo1
09-18-2007, 01:07 PM
We've all heard of the benefits of low carbs etc low huger etc just wondering what do you limit your carb consumption to a day for me its about 80g at most.

smalls
09-18-2007, 01:17 PM
It's going to depend highly on individual size, and dieting styles. I dieted on that low of carbs when I was 160. Since then I have realized I have to reason to go extremely low. My last diet I varied from 150-300g a day, Carb up/cheat days were obviously much much higher. I bet I got 80 g of carbs from steamed veggies alone on my last diet, not to mention my PWO cereal, oatmeal in the morning, fruit and milk throughout the day. Usually the day after a cheat day I would get almost no carbs, simply no desire and certainly no need.

sharkall2003
09-18-2007, 01:21 PM
I've limited it to 27 carbs and set a PR in the gym. However, moral was fairly low. For three months it was below 100. Now it's 100-150 carbs. But, I'm trying to stay at my weight that I"m at right now.

cujo1
09-18-2007, 01:24 PM
woah did how do you manage to get it that low. 27 carbs is nothing and doesnt other food you eat contain carbs hence causing the final value to exceed 27g. Anyway i hope 70-80g of carbs is enough for me to cut weight.

sharkall2003
09-18-2007, 01:27 PM
woah did how do you manage to get it that low. 27 carbs is nothing and doesnt other food you eat contain carbs hence causing the final value to exceed 27g. Anyway i hope 70-80g of carbs is enough for me to cut weight.

Once slice of toast, a little carbs from whey protein, and the rest was chicken and water. That's not the right way to diet, though. You need a lot more food than just that.

Built
09-18-2007, 01:29 PM
Why do you think it's the carbs that let you cut weight?

Just set targets for your calories and use whatever strategy works to suppress hunger while you do it. Lowering carb consumption is just one of them.

Unreal
09-18-2007, 01:49 PM
100-150g a day is normally what I'm hitting when cutting.

KingWilder
09-18-2007, 03:02 PM
hmm I'd have to say that right now I'm limiting myself to like 400g

pretty damn low :(

theravingphycho
09-20-2007, 01:09 AM
Why do you think it's the carbs that let you cut weight?

Just set targets for your calories and use whatever strategy works to suppress hunger while you do it. Lowering carb consumption is just one of them.

^^^This girl talks sense^^^

Cutting is about a calorie deficit, carbs are your friend not your enemy. You will start to burn fat when glycogen is slightly depleted not emtpy. Carbs preserve muscle and influence thyroid levels as well

I cut on 400g of carbs every day and still am. My energy output is high, i do 1 hour of high intensity cardio and have an active job

Burn more calories that you consume. Until you get down to 10% there isnt really any need for a special protocol IMO.

Besides drop carbs too low and you may go into ketosis which you may want, you may not. Carbs influence leptin levels as well, if these drop due to low carbs fat burning is hindered. This is why i favour carb cycling over keto diets (unless youre insulin resistant which is another story)

1ManRiot
09-20-2007, 12:54 PM
We've all heard of the benefits of low carbs etc low huger etc just wondering what do you limit your carb consumption to a day for me its about 80g at most.
Why?

I'm lucky in that I'm a carb monster, my carb intake is massive compared to some. 600g+ on my current bulk.

WORLD
09-20-2007, 12:55 PM
I dont limit my carbs. I limit and set goals for my calorie consumption. Simple sugars I do limit.

getb1g
09-20-2007, 01:30 PM
I try to hit atleat 200 daily.