PDA

View Full Version : What To Eat At Work?

TwilightArchon
09-18-2007, 02:54 PM
I work at a retail grocery and I was wondering if anyone has some quick meal ideas? I usually work 4-5 hours and get a 15 minute break and for the past year all I've been eating is natural packaged chicken, which is fine but it's kinda pricey at like almost $4. Is this the way to go or should I just pick something else? I know this is a stupid question since I work there haha but 75% of the store is just chemically enhanced food with ridiculous fat and/or sodium content.

Lones Green
09-18-2007, 03:01 PM
make the amazing protein bars, you can find em in the recipe section. eat one of those with some milk and thats a good amount of cals.

Jinkies
09-18-2007, 04:41 PM
The new whey liquid protein shots are really good, 42 grams in like 2 seconds and its in a conveniant tube

WORLD
09-18-2007, 05:24 PM
Cook every night or every other night. Spagetti is good. Dude you have a whole lot of options, look up some recipes. Package it in tupperware and warm it up every few hours when you can eat. I'm assuming your work has a microwave? Eat real food.

HahnB
09-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Another vote for pasta/macaroni. So good.

VikingWarlord
09-18-2007, 05:59 PM
I work at a retail grocery and I was wondering if anyone has some quick meal ideas? I usually work 4-5 hours and get a 15 minute break and for the past year all I've been eating is natural packaged chicken, which is fine but it's kinda pricey at like almost $4. Is this the way to go or should I just pick something else? I know this is a stupid question since I work there haha but 75% of the store is just chemically enhanced food with ridiculous fat and/or sodium content.

Buy real food, make a bunch ahead of time, buy yourself a cooler, and eat whatever you like. I tend to cook 3 days worth of meals at once so it becomes a bunch of easy meals.

The new whey liquid protein shots are really good, 42 grams in like 2 seconds and its in a conveniant tube

Hey, what a coincidence. I happen to have protein shots available in a convenient tube also.

WORLD
09-18-2007, 06:07 PM
I have a magic pill that contains 2,500 cals.

syntekz
09-18-2007, 07:31 PM
I imagine the store you work at has a fridge in the break room?

I bake a few pounds of chicken a couple times per week (both breasts and chicken sausage). I measure out chicken into 4 ounce portions and bag it up, so it sits just waiting for me to put into my lunch bag and bring in to work.

I also package cottage cheese in small 1 cup Rubbermaid containers and I measure out servings of peanuts and bag them to do the same as the above.

I bought a simple kitchen scale for like $5 from Meijer, it will measure up to 16 ounces I believe.

I also carry protein bars with me to work each day... I don't add that much variety while I'm at work - but I keep satisfied. You have plenty of options; I think the #1 thing to do is prepare ahead of time though.

Bikkstah
09-18-2007, 07:45 PM
If you got a fridge and a microwave in your break room, the possibilities are endless.

getfit
09-19-2007, 04:21 AM
If you got a fridge and a microwave in your break room, the possibilities are endless.

YES! and we do.I'm blesssed :D

AKMass
09-19-2007, 06:56 AM
My work has a fridge and microwave too, but they don't get used b/c I eat hard-boiled eggs, almonds, and a sandwich at work. None of these require a microwave nor a refrigerator.

TwilightArchon
09-19-2007, 01:08 PM
Ty to everyone who posted =D I got some pretty good ideas now. Those amazing protein bars are delicious and I'll prolly start making pasta cause that's pretty easy and good. Any other ideas?

brihead301
09-19-2007, 02:16 PM
Buy real food, make a bunch ahead of time, buy yourself a cooler, and eat whatever you like. I tend to cook 3 days worth of meals at once so it becomes a bunch of easy meals.

Hey, what a coincidence. I happen to have protein shots available in a convenient tube also.

Lol.

Aside from the other ideas. I make tuna sandwiches or chicken salad sandwiches. Wawa honey roasted peanuts are good too. I usually eat a tuna sandwich and 1/2 bag of the peanuts in the morning, then I'll eat the same thing in the afternoon. We order out everyday for lunch so I get a chicken sandwich then.

Brad263
09-19-2007, 02:39 PM
I make shakes for work. I take the 20 oz gatorade bottles because of the wide mouth you can pour from a blender. For a AM shake I throw in a cup of milk, scoop of Nitrean, a yogurt, and about 2 TBSP of Jelly to add more flavor. And for a afternoon snack I take 2 cups milk, a big spoon scoop probably about 4 tbsp of PB, about 2 tbps of chocolate syrup, and a tbsp olive oil. Both are quick and easy to drink and I just throw them in a little lunch box with a ice pack and they are fine. On a bulk it helps add about 1200 calories to my diet a day. Then I just eat the typical 3 meals a day. I am going to try the awesome bars for my afternoon snack though. As my pm shake is getting very old. The AM shake is great and tastes like a smoothie so it isn't getting old at all.

xstalkrx
09-19-2007, 06:40 PM
MAKE BIG ASS BURRITOS!

Get like 8 xtra large tortillas from the store...get a pound of lean hamburger meat...cheese...rice....jalapenos...onions...etc...

go home and cook up all the ingredients and roll up as many burritos as you can. Wrap them in saran wrap...then drop all of them in a freezer bag. Put them in the freezer.

everyday before work...take 1 of them to work with you so you can have something as an extra meal. just microwave for like 2-3 minutes.

worked wonders for me as i was trying to gain weight.

brihead301
09-19-2007, 08:02 PM
MAKE BIG ASS BURRITOS!

Get like 8 xtra large tortillas from the store...get a pound of lean hamburger meat...cheese...rice....jalapenos...onions...etc...

go home and cook up all the ingredients and roll up as many burritos as you can. Wrap them in saran wrap...then drop all of them in a freezer bag. Put them in the freezer.

everyday before work...take 1 of them to work with you so you can have something as an extra meal. just microwave for like 2-3 minutes.

worked wonders for me as i was trying to gain weight.

I'm definately going to try that. I love burritos.