PDA

View Full Version : my pathetic squat

curaja_kupo
09-19-2007, 10:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGWIOo47iPA

here is what I'm going to say

- I need to go deeper. According to squat rx, this is not even a full squat!

-I need to go back and do 10 pounds on each side and do a Full squat!!

- I am ashamed of this video''

- in one FRAME you can tell how far I'm going down

It took a few tries to make a decent video btw. The guy who is spotting/ taking this didn't do too good. Oh, and I squated the day before too.

I need a better video take, but I like squats and I am ashamed of this video

Cirino83
09-19-2007, 10:50 AM
the depth looked fine.

dont worry about how much weight your doing.

curaja_kupo
09-19-2007, 11:01 AM
I'm not worried about how much wieght I'm doing. I'm worried about the depth

I've been working on this for like a month. I started at the bar. I have had big dudes with huge legs check me out(my form) and they say the depth is good...
Lol, I dunno according to squat rax that is not even a parellel squat!!

I watched one and two. I don't have trouble coming out of the hole(the good morning thing), but I feel the depth is not deep enough. It could just be me being paranoid though

North
09-19-2007, 11:22 AM
If your worried about depth throw really light weight on the bar and go ATF. Then just add 5 lbs every time you squat.

curaja_kupo
09-19-2007, 11:26 AM
That is what I'm talking about. How light should I go to start ATF? 5 pounds or 10 on each side or just the bar?

RedSpikeyThing
09-19-2007, 11:37 AM
Yeah it looked a little shallow to me, but it's tough to tell with that video.
You need to work on your explosion coming out of the hole. You should try doing box jumps to help generate power more quickly.

That is what I'm talking about. How light should I go to start ATF? 5 pounds or 10 on each side or just the bar?

As light as you need to. Try it without weight to see if you can even get down that far.

Herandi
09-19-2007, 12:02 PM
^^ yeah i know for me at the beginning my flexability was so bad i couldn't do ATF even just the bar. Keep working on it and up the weight slowly.

curaja_kupo
09-19-2007, 03:43 PM
I remember sesie saying something about going below parellel being risky. I probably misheard that though. I'm not even going parellel here though. What are box jumps?

I know what you mean by explosion out of the hole. I come up too slow if I understand correctly. I did the following before the video

10 reps of 15 pounds on each side
7 reps of 20 pounds on each side
5 reps of 25 pounds on eeach side(the guy screwed up the video
3 reps of 25 pounds on each side(the guy STILL screwed it up)
and then what you just saw

So, I was kinda tired at that point...
I still liked doing all that though. I did something similar the day before.
However, I want to be far away as possible as the guys who go down an inch or two and call it a squat. So, I'm gonna go work on ATF squats for 2-3 weeks then come back and post a video.

If I can't go atf to the floor without wieght at first, If I pratice I'll get it right? I think anyone can do it with enough effort regardless of genetics.

Con
09-19-2007, 05:29 PM
Too much. Try a 5x5, ramping the weights.

I have been doing that, and I feel form and improved greatly, while making some strength gains.

Also, check out Sensei Squat RX. I havent watched them all yet, but I believe there is something in there about flexibilty issues, which at first glance seems to be your problem.

RedSpikeyThing
09-19-2007, 05:54 PM
I remember sesie saying something about going below parellel being risky. I probably misheard that though. I'm not even going parellel here though. What are box jumps?

There are numerous debates about going to parallel. In a nutshell, it's ok to go to parallel if you don't bounce.

Box jumps are pretty straight forward: find something to jump onto, then jump on it. Here's a good example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQNPvk4uBoY

As you increase the height you're forced to generate more power, which should transfer over to your squat.

I assume you're new, so remember that you will get stronger by doing more squats.

Chubrock
09-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Too much. Try a 5x5, ramping the weights.

I have been doing that, and I feel form and improved greatly, while making some strength gains.

Also, check out Sensei Squat RX. I havent watched them all yet, but I believe there is something in there about flexibilty issues, which at first glance seems to be your problem.

You think six sets of squats is too much?

Con
09-19-2007, 07:55 PM
I think 3 sets of 10, followed by a a set of 7, a set of 5, a set of 3, and then w/e he was attempting the video is too much.

curaja_kupo
09-19-2007, 07:58 PM
To the guy who said sensies squat videos, I have watched a few. I didn't watch the good morning one because I feel that is not my problem.

To redspike

what is your personal opinion between parellel or below?? I assume Sensi does below parellel

RedSpikeyThing
09-19-2007, 08:09 PM
To redspike

what is your personal opinion between parellel or below?? I assume Sensi does below parellel

Depends on your goals. Big squat for powerlifting? Parallel. Big legs to look better naked? Below parallel.