PDA

View Full Version : Using a George Foreman to Bake Chicken Breasts?

John04Civic
09-19-2007, 11:06 AM
I spend a lot of time cooking chicken breasts (boneless / skinless of course) in the oven. I have to usually cook it for an hour if I pull it straight out of the freezer so it doesn't taste like it is undercooked.

If I put it in the Foreman grill is it going to deter it nutritionally? Would I need to thaw them in the microwave first?

Gunshow
09-19-2007, 11:26 AM
i use my george foreman for everything, especially chicken breasts..

John04Civic
09-19-2007, 11:27 AM
i use my george foreman for everything, especially chicken breasts..
Do you thaw the breasts first or just toss them right in?

HahnB
09-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Don't cook them frozen, that's why it's taken an hour. If you want to ruin a good piece of meat, use a george foreman grill. Take them out of the freezer ahead of time, even broiling them will make them taste better than a foreman will. Cook on an open flame if you can.

John04Civic
09-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Don't cook them frozen, that's why it's taken an hour. If you want to ruin a good piece of meat, use a george foreman grill. Take them out of the freezer ahead of time, even broiling them will make them taste better than a foreman will. Cook on an open flame if you can.
Why do you say Foreman ruins the meat? Just curious.

Gunshow
09-19-2007, 12:37 PM
I usually just throw em on frozen it only takes about 10 minutes to cook, i don't see how it ruins the meat, i cook burgers, chicken, steak, wraps, sandwiches, bacon, sausage and some other stuff on my george foreman, and it always tastes great lol. Obviously if you BBq it on an open flame its going to be BETTER but i dont think a george foreman ruins anything it sure beats frying it or baking it.

John04Civic
09-19-2007, 01:31 PM
I usually just throw em on frozen it only takes about 10 minutes to cook, i don't see how it ruins the meat, i cook burgers, chicken, steak, wraps, sandwiches, bacon, sausage and some other stuff on my george foreman, and it always tastes great lol. Obviously if you BBq it on an open flame its going to be BETTER but i dont think a george foreman ruins anything it sure beats frying it or baking it.
I'm going to try that tonight then.. Thanks man :)

sharkall2003
09-19-2007, 02:37 PM
Steak cooks like **** on a Foreman grill, but chicken is just cheap meat, so I throw it in there. I also throw hamburgers in there too.

Gunshow
09-19-2007, 02:39 PM
yeah steak isn't the best on it lol, but everything else is pretty good. I've even cooked chicken fingers, chicken burgers and wings on it before, all turned out good.

Guido
09-19-2007, 02:57 PM
I always thought that chicken came out kind of dry on the Foreman. Cooking on it is fine but there are other ways that will make it taste better.

VikingWarlord
09-19-2007, 04:28 PM
I always thought that chicken came out kind of dry on the Foreman. Cooking on it is fine but there are other ways that will make it taste better.

A tip from your friendly Kitchen Warlord: Brine the chicken first and it won't dry out.

leetuck
09-19-2007, 06:31 PM
I generally bang the frozen breasts in the microwave for 4 mins on full power to soften them up then put them in the oven for 35 mins... always taste nice n moist :)

malkore
09-20-2007, 11:23 AM
Steak cooks like **** on a Foreman grill, but chicken is just cheap meat, so I throw it in there. I also throw hamburgers in there too.

I dunno, I pay $6 a pound for 'smart chicken' that isn't injected with broth...not exactly 'cheap meat' compared to round or flank steak ;)

i agree tho, all steaks on the foreman taste like they were done on a griddle, not a grill.

Decker87
09-20-2007, 11:34 AM
I love george foremans. They are much better than pan frying or backing according to me. It doesn't really have a nutritional impact on the food.

sharkall2003
09-20-2007, 05:51 PM
I dunno, I pay $6 a pound for 'smart chicken' that isn't injected with broth...not exactly 'cheap meat' compared to round or flank steak ;)

i agree tho, all steaks on the foreman taste like they were done on a griddle, not a grill.

And I purchase regular chicken breasts that are frozen for 2.50/lb.