PDA

View Full Version : Hot Oatmeal + Protein Powder??

David
03-07-2002, 04:17 PM
Hey, guys, i have a quick question about hot oatmeal and protein powder. Basically, what I would like to know is if mixing protein powder with hot oatmeal is alright, or would the hot temperature somehow destroy the protein in the protein powder?

Manipul8r
03-07-2002, 04:52 PM
I could never do it, I have tried but it always comes out like ****, as for the quality of the protein, i dont really know.. Someone here does though, i remem this being an issue once before..

the doc
03-07-2002, 05:08 PM
it is fine to heat your protein

Qea
03-07-2002, 05:12 PM
mix your protein powder into your oatmeal after you cook it

I've tried cooking them together either stovetop or thru the nuker and they both ended up tasting like @ss. trust me, it'll taste much different and better that way.

imho, if it's anything else other than chocolate flavour, it'll probably taste like @ss

bwala :hump:

David
03-07-2002, 06:02 PM
O.K., boys. thanks for replying.

I kinda thought that it would be O.K. to do so but I just wanted to make sure. Today I made some oatmeal and I mixed one scoop of vanilla protein powder and it tasted pretty good.

Originally posted by Qea
both ended up tasting like @ss.

trust me

imho, if it's anything else other than chocolate flavour, it'll probably taste like @ss

:hump:

Man, I know it's not any my business but how would you know it would taste like a$$??...and whats with you and a$$es....and that humping smiley thing....:eek:

EMan
03-07-2002, 06:10 PM
damn bro you're so 'bold' =)

actualyl i just had that for breakfast.. strawberry flav. whey protein + oatmeal in mircowave = yummy. Mixed before heating.

Qea
03-07-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by TripleP

Man, I know it's not any my business but how would you know it would taste like a$$??

cuz i've met your mom

...and whats with you and a$$es....and that humping smiley thing....:eek: [/B]

cuz i ain't been thinking of getting any lately

cuz i've met your mom

:D

Just kidding, my mad bolder friend

oh, :hump: you too

David
03-07-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by EMan
damn bro you're so 'bold' =)

I know, I know . :rolleyes:

Originally posted by EMan
actualyl i just had that for breakfast.. strawberry flav. whey protein + oatmeal in mircowave = yummy. Mixed before heating.

Yeah, thats great. Oh, and welcome to wannabebig.com :D

i never made oatmeal in microwave before though...only on the stove....is there a difference in taste??

syntekz
03-07-2002, 08:18 PM
I really don't think you'll like the taste. I actually tried it on Monday because I forgot my protein shaker. It was literally paste...

Qea
03-07-2002, 08:30 PM
TripleP

use 1 cup of milk to 1/2 cup of instant oats in a microwavable bowl

2 mins on high

it'll come up with the consistency just right.

use less liquid, it will end up like paste

provided u add the protein powder after u cook the oatmeal it'll taste the same. besides, it sure saves time and effort on cooking thru stovetop

bwala :hump:

Madd Hatter
03-07-2002, 09:38 PM
Just to add another voice here...

A month or so ago I bought and tasted my first oatmeal... Instant Maple Brown Sugar flavored. Heated it up with 2/3 cup of water and blech <insert puke smiley here>, couldn't stand it. Next time I added one scoop of my chocolate gainer powder after mixing and heating, and my lord, it was about the tastiest thing I've ever had. I could eat it all day. Tried it once mixing the water and protein first, didn't turn out too well.

Shocker
03-07-2002, 11:30 PM
yuk - I honestly have no idea why anyone would want to mix it before or after heating.

why dont you just wait for 30 mins and have a shake ?
you would be better to space it out slightly anyway.

jarhead
03-08-2002, 09:01 AM
I always add about 40g of whey protein (chocolate flavor) to cooked oatmeal. In fact, I have noticed that it kind of thins it out a bit.